eBay Buyer Protection - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

Hey Guys,

I don't understand all the hubbub here? It seems to me that eBay has offered something along these lines for a while now, just that they've rebranded it and are more heavily advertising it now?

Buyers have always been able to file disputes either through eBay or PayPal, correct? When my last eBay account got shut down, I had 4 disputes filed against me (see my introduction post).

2 of them were filed through PayPal. I'm pretty sure we all know how that works. PayPal holds the funds, request for information, etc.

2 of them were filed through eBay. There, even though the payments were made using PayPal, eBay did not hold my funds. Of course, I didn't respond to anything, so after 10 days, the cases were closed in favor of the buyer. eBay AUTOMATICALLY paid the buyer back their purchase price + shipping, without touching my PayPal account.

Now I get emails every couple of days or so informing me that I need to pay my "eBay Resolution Fees" immediately and asking me to login to my eBay account and update the payment method I have on file so they can deduct the funds from me that they've already paid to the seller (again, without touching my money). I'm guessing that it is an expired CC that eBay has on file for such purposes, so they can't charge me anything.

What's the difference between this situation and the new eBay Buyer Protection?
The Following User Says Thank You to drgonzo2k2 For This Useful Post:
revenge (01-27-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
really? werent you the guy flipping out like the world was gonna end
Not a relevant reply to my quote. If you read my post, I posted "What happened to PayPal Buyer Protection?" and so did bobby2000 post "What happened to PayPal Buyer Protection?" I think bobby2000 and I saw they same thing and read it. Maybe you should quote yourself lol :D
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 86%

there is a limit of 200$ before less deductible. They just put less strain on paypal and award the buyer with paypal credits.....

note.......

Buyer protection doesn't exist once your account goes NARU..

One sad thing is buyers has more options to scam the sellers..... And ebay gave them a chance to double dip....

I always use a merchant account on my ebay sales, a buyer could complain with ebay. Buyer wins and get paypal credits.

Buyer complains to credit card company. Charge back. He get his money back.

So lets say the buyer paid 200$ for the item. He gets the item for free and he gets 200$ worth of paypal money.... and sellers loses double time....
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
revenge (01-27-2010)
Old 01-27-2010

I think they realized why Amazon is doing way better than eBay. Maybe they are learning from Amazon. I could eBay will keeping their eye on their stock more to see their result. Beside Amazon doesn't use PayPal.

@ drgonzo2k2, your right on that, they never advertised it that must. So not to many people been through that experience because buyer always thought PayPal was there only superman.

I guess if we don't pay that resolution fee we will get suspended when a dispute arise will will get suspended and go into eBay collection (including stealth account which is not a biggy).
Old 01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
there is a limit of 200$ before less deductible. They just put less strain on paypal and award the buyer with paypal credits.....

note.......

Buyer protection doesn't exist once your account goes NARU..

One sad thing is buyers has more options to scam the sellers..... And ebay gave them a chance to double dip....

I always use a merchant account on my ebay sales, a buyer could complain with ebay. Buyer wins and get paypal credits.

Buyer complains to credit card company. Charge back. He get his money back.

So lets say the buyer paid 200$ for the item. He gets the item for free and he gets 200$ worth of paypal money.... and sellers loses double time....
That's 400 total, 200 from eBay and 200 from their credit card company and free merchandise if they are scammers
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 94%

NO offense Revenge but you just have no idea what youre talking about. Have you ever used any of the other payment methods? If you had then you wouldnt be making your statmements you just seem WAAAAY to paranoid. No other payment method seems to work like paypal so like i said before just because someone files a dispute with propay or money bookers that doesnt mean you are going to lose money. Stop flipping out and read what other people are writing. You seem to keep telling people to read but obviously you arent.

1) Everyone of these new methods are harder to get than a paypal account. In some cases before you can send money you have to verifiy yourself.
2) They all have protection BETTER than paypal in the case of money bookers, YOU ARENT HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR CHARGEBACKS.
3) In the case of a merchant account first of all you can only use it after going through a verification process, second they actually look into cases so just because you get a chargeback that doesnt mean you automatically lose.

Ebay is the only one on the hook if things go wrong. Like I said before about the only thing that they can do is debit your paypal account BUT how is that going to look if moneybookers for instance says this guy delivered the goods we checked with UPS and he signed for it he said it was not as described but we have video evidence that what he sent back was a brick and ebay says ok we are still charging the seller. The outrage would be huge. This most likely wont last because if ebay loses money they are just going to put back the old policy claiming that there is too much fraud and paypal is the only fraud free system.

And finally again i state that NOBODY USES ANY OF THESE OTHER METHODS FOR PAYMENT its like stating that from now on all cars built before 1940 get free insurance. How many of those are actually still used today.
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 83%

bob2000: no doubt, if your account gets suspended and your linked via ip then yeah your linked. However I had an ebay account go down which was linked to paymate. Then set up another ebay account and intergrated paymate right away. Of course I waited until I had 20 feedback, but the point is I was not linked to my suspended account and it has been 2 months. And beleive me...I dont ship ANYTHING until I receive a clear payment.

Personally I dont understand what all the hype is about. Has anyone really been affected by ebays protection crap? I just look at like what bob2000 said, its less strain on your paypal account. Anyone else concur?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hangten For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (01-27-2010), revenge (01-27-2010)
Old 01-27-2010

Hangten I agree with you. Never ship until payment it clear to protect you asset. I also do believe it less strain on our PayPal account. I'll be honest if you can live without paypal the better and secure you are from unfairness.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to revenge For This Useful Post:
hangten (01-27-2010), OfficialGenius (01-27-2010)
Old 01-29-2010

Thumbs down Triple Whammy from PayPal and eBay

I've been selling on eBay for well over 12 years. I'm a powerseller and a long time PayPal user. eBay was great back in the day but things there are now totally out of control. I recently sold a 4 figure item that was shipped UPS insured. I gave what I felt was a liberal return policy for lost or damaged items which was detailed in the listing for the item. Long story short, well after my return period was over, the buyer contacts me saying item was damaged in shipping and demands an instant refund. Buyerer initially refuses to cooperate with UPS or allow them to inspect damage. Buyer then posts SNAD complaints with both PayPal and eBay. Buyer eventually drops the PaYPal complaint and lets UPS inspect the damage.

UPS denies damage claim, suspecting item may have been damaged after shipping, which I make eBay Resolution well aware of. In spite of this, and the fact that it was well past the return period I specified, eBay resolution decides in buyer's favor, and refunds them the whole purchase price. I appeal and lose the appeal. UPS returns damaged item to buyer. Buyer then complains to their CC company, and PayPal deducts the entire amount from my account. Now, on paper at least, I am out twice what I was paid plus the cost of the item. PayPal will 'investigate' but this will take as long as 110 days to complete.

Having been burned before, I immediately took my $$$ out of PayPal as soon as I got wind of this so my initial exposure is limited. However, eBay is threatening to suspend my account and send me to collections if I do not pay the 'resolution charge' immediately. I told eBay resolution about not having the item returned as well as the PayPal chargeback, but they said that they don't care and they will not change their decision. I told the eBay rep that if they want to collect from me, they were going to have to 'tell it to a judge' before I would pay anything. That got their attention! ebay support person freaks out and says they are not allowed to discuss legalities and she will hang up if I mention a judge again.

I am sure that my account will be suspended shortly. I may go the stealth route for a brief time to get rid of inventory, but unless things reverse at eBay, it looks like they are circling the drain.

Can anyone give me any hints as to how to set up a 2nd PayPal & eBay account so I don't get caught? Again, I anticipate this being a stopgap until I get rid of my inventory.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterboy View Post
Can anyone give me any hints as to how to set up a 2nd PayPal & eBay account so I don't get caught? Again, I anticipate this being a stopgap until I get rid of my inventory.
Hey Posterboy,

Wow, that's a horrible story, but not unlike a lot of other stories being told here. You did the right thing by getting your funds out of PayPal right away to limit your exposure.

Now I'd recommend that you purchase eBay Stealth, read it, and learn all you can from the book and the forums so you can get new accounts setup properly and be back on your way to selling quickly!
Old 02-02-2010

Longevity: 88%

Wow, Poster boy, I am on your side ... And yes, buy "eBay Stealth", this really helps a lot not only for eBay, but for other stuffs you want to do online...

eBay's Buyer's protection is way over the board. I have never won any cases since then, all full refund without returning goods. As a matter of fact, there are 2 disputes coming in today .. my goodness, looks like eBay is now becoming a scammers' heaven... I really now consider selling in AMAZON and buying from eBay without paying .. haha .. it's just too easy to get free stuffs from eBay nowaday ..
Old 02-03-2010

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron
Default Yes but do they really pay ? ? ?

They have been claiming for years that all paypal payments under 1000USD are totally covered by payal ..
But most of us know this is not true , they don't cover sh#t !
If they can't get the money from the seller they send you a nice email saying sorry try again ?

Maybe this is much the same?
Old 02-03-2010

Longevity: 85%

I can give you a details. Basically when buyers filed non as described or not received, if they paid via moneybookers or paymate(they will ask you for shipping or other documents) it is up to Moneybookers/Paymate to decide the outcome. However, ebay can still "refund" to the buyer's paypal account. However , they can not issue a refund from moneybookers or paymate, so you will owe a balance for the "amount refunded" on your ebay account.
Personal experience
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superking For This Useful Post:
drgonzo2k2 (02-03-2010), revenge (02-04-2010)
Old 02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post
Wow, Poster boy, I am on your side ... And yes, buy "eBay Stealth", this really helps a lot not only for eBay, but for other stuffs you want to do online...

eBay's Buyer's protection is way over the board. I have never won any cases since then, all full refund without returning goods. As a matter of fact, there are 2 disputes coming in today .. my goodness, looks like eBay is now becoming a scammers' heaven... I really now consider selling in AMAZON and buying from eBay without paying .. haha .. it's just too easy to get free stuffs from eBay nowaday ..
Sad but true. I wouldn't be surprise if a eBay employee buys from a seller and files a dispute and get the merchandise, plus a refund and dings the seller at the sometime. You are darn right the scammers are eBay employees themselves, there're mafias. They get to steal from you with the mega 3.

1) They get your merchandise
2) They get their money back by refund (free merchandise on #1 now)
3) Plus Bonus: They charge you a resolution fee, if you didn't collect the money via PayPal so now you have to PayPal.

Do the math

1) $500 value
2) $500 value
3) $500 value
+___________
= $1,500 eBay Monopoly Scam

Old 02-04-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Paypal agent told me the rules have changed for paypal. (as far as the item not received dispute) he said that "it does not matter if the person have money in their paypal account or not, if you do not receive your item we will refund you in full"!( on ebay or off ebay the fact remains the same)
Old 08-17-2011

Longevity: 75%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdenim View Post
Paypal agent told me the rules have changed for paypal. (as far as the item not received dispute) he said that "it does not matter if the person have money in their paypal account or not, if you do not receive your item we will refund you in full"!( on ebay or off ebay the fact remains the same)
It's true, someone did a random dispute on one of my suspended stealth accounts last month, like 30 days after he received the item. The buyer didn't even state why, he probably just was attempting to scam as stated above. Anyways, I didn't respond as I don't mess with my suspended account at all and eventually the buyer got back the money, yet there was nothing in my paypal account, so it went into -53.40. Then I got a nice email saying "please resolve your negative balance". Of course I am thinking "Oh no, please don't send John Doe to collections who lives in 1000 Main Street Alaska with a Virtual Bank account and Virtual Credit Card" LOL

Like seriously, what is stopping people from massively scamming Paypal right back by selling a bunch of items using a stealth account w/ a vba on evay, not shipping them, then transferring the money to another paypal by buying their "own" item from another account that actually has an accessible bank linked to it. Then eventually when the buyers do not receive the items, they place disputes, which paypal AUTOMATICALLY refunds, and puts a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account into negative. Sounds like they can really SCREW themselves in the end...

I'm sure there is a formula they came up with in the business model that allows for a small percentage of delinquent accounts and waste, but what in the world would they do if a large number of people or a group of really smart people drained them using the method above?