ebay is dead - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default ebay is dead

My anecdotal evidence is that ebay is dead, the causal sellers do not seem to care about selling again on ebay after suspension, it's only large volume sellers that are still interested in the game. Ebay had its golden days in 2008.

After, the financial shock of ebay's new selling fees hits in May, I doubt that many new causal sellers will try to make selling on ebay a go. The low margin high volume sellers other than China based sellers will also find that they can longer stay in business profitably.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2010

Longevity: 87%

They raise the selling fees like every year. If it's not dead already it will be soon. (or I really hope so anyway)
Old 03-14-2010

Longevity: 84%

ebay is the auction king, it isn't goin anywhere. I made 30 grand last month on there.
The Following User Says Thank You to hondAman For This Useful Post:
PatricioNut (03-16-2010)
Old 03-14-2010

Longevity: 82%

How old is your ebay account? How many do you sell to make 30K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondAman View Post
ebay is the auction king, it isn't goin anywhere. I made 30 grand last month on there.
Old 03-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I wouldn't go that far and say that eBay is dead literally, but it IS dead as a lot of us know it. There is a "NEW" eBay. Especially those of us who have been selling on ebay for over 5 years. I myself have been selling on ebay for about 5-6 years now, and the old ole days are OVER...Long Gone! Just like anything else, too many people have found out about how easy it is to make some good money on ebay and unfortunately, some people have takin advantage of it by scamming, etc. eBay has put so many regulations in place to control the bad guys that it has totally knocked what WAS an orginal and BRILLIANT formula for success way out of wack. It is almost impossible now for someone who just wants to do some spring cleaning to get involved without the hassle of ebay wanting to verify and regulate every move you make. Who wants to sell anything when you have to part with your item without even having your money released to you!?!?

Many companies are hip to ebay now and don't want people selling their items so they now have people hired to shut you down. As you know, it only take a few people to abuse an awesome opportunity and eventually they ruin it for everyone.

eBay is just way too saturated now with people just trying to make a quick buck on anything they can. Everyone wants to get in on it now. I am finding now that my suppliers are OUT OF STOCK of items that I used to be able to get with no issues. That tells me that people are finding out about certain opportunities and contact that very few knew about in the beginning. The list of bad things associated with the NEW ebay goes on and on. Oh well, what can you do??

Last edited by aking; 03-15-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondAman View Post
Ouuu wow thats a large amount hahahahaha.

Anyways, hate to say it but the markets getting saturated on ebay. I think because a lot of people are losing their jobs. And are desperate to make ends meet. Sell some things that have been collecting dust. Maybe turns into finding a supplier....

The only places that are doing above average right now are walmarts and shipping companies... Wonder why.

Last edited by Burst; 03-15-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yea, the thing about ebay is they are not consistant or dependable in any way. I remember the times when I was doing so well I even thought about quitting my day job to sell on ebay full time. I was making the same amount of money in a day than I would make in 2 weeks on my job. Kinda glad I didn't do that though.
Old 03-15-2010

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Many companies are hip to ebay now and don't want people selling their items so they now have people hired to shut you down.
I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain this part a little more?
Old 03-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain this part a little more?
Well I have heard that some high end Vero company's have people hired to basically monitor ebay and target anyone selling their items without proper authorization. Don't know how true this is but I can definately believe it to be true.
Old 03-15-2010

Longevity: 89%

Ebay is not dead , if you sell non vero items ..If not for Vero -those selling Vero would never be able to make a dime due to oversaturation ..before the restrictions i tried to sell a few Vero items but could not compete with the asia market selling for the same wholesale prices they were selling to me for....this is why i laugh when people bi$%^ about vero .. let me tell you something i dont sell Vero BUT if Ebay did away with Vero i would try again and tons of others would as well which would mean more competition and the market would be flooded with overseas sellers ..try to sell something unique and you will find ebay is not so bad after all....
Old 03-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Well I have no problem with casual sellers not bothering with ebay any more after a suspension. That eliminates some of the competition which can only be good.

Also although we all hate it when we are suspended / limited, I am glad that ebay take such strong action, and they do it quickly. Why am I glad? Well because they remove thousands of scammers, dead beats, and bad sellers from the site in a bid to maintain a reputation to entice buyers and thats what its all about.

If they did not do this then the site would be an absolute nightmare to sell on as all the above problem people would run it into the ground.

I couldnt imagine it any other way now.
Old 03-16-2010
Threadstarter  

I spoke to ebay security and other ebay T&S people, they told that ebay does not care what you sell; however, once they receive a vero complaint, ebay must do something, otherwise they are accused of doing nothing. However, nothing is what ebay wants to do.

If a seller can manage to offload 50 sets of counterfeit software, that is tolerated; however, a seller who sells their academic version can have his item removed by ebay. If that seller realists the item, he will be suspended and this will stay on his record, which makes it possible for ebay to eventually suspend that seller indefinitely. If the item was taken down because of vero complaint, now the seller has permanent blemished record that he was selling less than authentic items. However, the real scammer selling brand new sealed software Made in China will continue to sell, without anything happening to them.

Who does more damage? One seller is selling illegal software, the other is selling his own legal software, but, Microsoft claims that it is against their OWN policies and TOS.

Don't confuse with whats 'good for you' as being good for everyone else.

Last edited by riversnew; 03-16-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2010
MU

Longevity: 94%

I sell electronics, cell phone stuff, and fashion clothes. 40k a month now.
I have 40 accounts running right now.
Old 03-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

ebay will be not dead,the no.1 auction site in the world
Old 03-16-2010

Yeah what other site can you buy everything but your groceries, you can even buy some groceries pantry items, I'll probably be dead before I have a chance to use up every last 1 of my ebay accounts.
Old 03-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Wait till Aug, Sept, there is going to be huge seller exodus. Many more will give it up.
Old 03-17-2010

Why would someone give up when they're making so much easy money. The only people that have a hard time on ebay are the ones that don't have enough backup accounts and don't take notes of what works and doesn't work. It's like daytrading you gotta be focused in on every little detail.
Old 03-17-2010

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedon View Post
ebay will be not dead,the no.1 auction site in the world

Not yet,but going to be dead.They published the new rules for China seller and it will be started from April 1,1%,2%,2%,2% on the lower 1,2 points within 8 weeks once your accounts crocss the line,it will be kicked down to Below standard,and if your account receives lower rate more than they would accept,your account will say goodbye to you.For such stipd rules,even a good seller would hardly to meet the requirements.You can imagine how ridiculous it is.I'm going to build my own shopping cart and change model from retail to wholesale.Ebay's dead definitely.

Last edited by alexzin; 03-17-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-17-2010

Longevity: 89%

Ebay is dead ? really ,, than why is everyone trying to sell on it on this forum and every where else.. and buying stealth so they can sell on it ...Dead would be every other auctions site i have tried ..If you are selling legit products, shipping fast and answering all questions buyers -ask it actually works pretty good.. without the stress of course it is going to be more work and probaly less money .....for every seller that drops off there is a new seller that takes their place - i feast off the new sellers for my business who sell items that they have no idea what they are worth ...If you are selling Vero you are always going to encounter problems especially in 2011 with the possible paypal changes ..but most people dont sell vero, so they dont get their account suspended -so ebay will probaly be just fine .
Old 03-17-2010

EBay has the most traffic also, 50 million viewers a month.
Old 03-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

I hope people continue to think ebay is dying so my competition level will decline and I can make more $$$!! WOO WHOO!!!
Old 03-17-2010

Longevity: 90%

Ok guys let me give you my input. eBay is in fact DEAD. No eBay is not going to completely died off but in the coming future only the big stores will survive and all the smaller sellers won't have the chance to exist due to high fees policies or simply because eBay will require you to have a physical store in order to sell on eBay and most of you aren't going to open one just so you could sell on eBay. Another reason as to why eBay sales are down BIG TIME is due to global economical crisis around the world and if you think 2008 was BAD wait and see when the DOW will crash in the coming 1 to 2 years and every other market will follow shortly THEN no one will sell anything on eBay for quite a while. You guys need to check the unemployment rate in your own region/country to realize that we are all in BIG trouble. If you think I am just fear mongering then it is your choice but in a few years time or so everything I said here will be clear like a crystal ball but by then it's going to be too late. Most people in the coming future will be woring for the government.