Anyone else having erratic ebay sales? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Anyone else having erratic ebay sales?

I used to sell about 3 or 4 items a day and then about 6-8 on Sat and Sun. Now some days I will sell 8 a day and then nothing for 2-3 days after. Like my items are not showing up in the search or something.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-06-2010

Longevity: 88%

Mine are doing very well. But, know several sellers that are having the same thing.
Old 05-06-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Terrible, terrible, terrible....but I don't sell vero or "profitable items".....tough times, tough times....
Old 05-06-2010

Yea, neither do I. I do much better on Ebay when I don't sell vero. I gave that up and sales seemed to soar. None of mine are dropshipped. That may make a difference as well.
Old 05-06-2010

What type of items are you successfully selling?
Old 05-07-2010

I have several different items - all that can be used as gifts.
Old 05-07-2010

NO way you would disclose what type of goods you are selling right?
Old 05-07-2010

If you are selling products for women (purses, clothes, health and beauty) those sales are down because of American Idol. Everyone is in front of the TV instead of being online. Its a fact.
Old 05-07-2010

Longevity: 85%

What category are you selling in? What type of items? Like shirts, scarfs (I'm not asking you to tell me what brand name)
Old 05-08-2010

My main products (2 stores) are items that I create myself. None are vero. One is various all natural bath & body products that I also wholesale. Wholesale sales (on my website) is off the charts!

My other line of products are personalized gifts. Items that I create - each different from the last. With Mother's Day, weddings, graduations, etc. my sales have been way up. October - December is when I get most of my sales. But, I always have sales because someone is always having a birthday, a baby, getting married, moving, etc.

No supplier. No brand. Just me and my creativity for the most part.
Old 05-08-2010

Longevity: 91%

NotGood - congrats on your site doing so well. Can I ask what methods you've found the best at promotion and driving traffic to it?

Also, have you tried selling on Etsy? I make my own items too and had my first sale on there this week.

S.
Old 05-08-2010

I don't think that any of my methods are anything unique. I use Ebay mostly for advertising for my website.

I offer sample sizes in auctions. And then, with all of my shipments, have a coupon for a full size product on my website. About 60% of my Ebay buyers become customers on my website.

I usually have 2 auctions ending a day for each of my products, staying under the free 100 a month. I do have repeat buyers on Ebay - those looking to buy cheap and then resale as their own.

I was on Etsy for awhile. I made one sale. I have since moved to Bonanzle. I am having great success there. And the price is perfect!
Old 05-08-2010

The other store I have is basically done the same. But, with less auctions. I watch a few of my competitors and see how they have their store set up and pattern my store after theirs (minus the vero). I have 2500 listings and average sales during the week is about 10 day, 15-20 per day over the weekend. I really love Mondays!

In this store, my prices are set higher above others. But, then I mark down the price. I run "sales" Monday - Saturday. And add about 50 new items a day. The new items don't get added to the sale until I start a new one. This way, I get sales for the regular price and the "sale" price. And if I ever need to, I won't have a problem raising prices.

Of course, with every purchase, I have my website address. The prices there are lower than the "sale" price since I don't have to pay ebay fees.
Old 05-09-2010

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGoodEnuff View Post
I don't think that any of my methods are anything unique. I use Ebay mostly for advertising for my website.

I offer sample sizes in auctions. And then, with all of my shipments, have a coupon for a full size product on my website. About 60% of my Ebay buyers become customers on my website.

I usually have 2 auctions ending a day for each of my products, staying under the free 100 a month. I do have repeat buyers on Ebay - those looking to buy cheap and then resale as their own.

I was on Etsy for awhile. I made one sale. I have since moved to Bonanzle. I am having great success there. And the price is perfect!
You kind of answered your question in your posting.......the 100 free listings if you start under 1.00. That offer went out to ALOT of people so ALOT of people are selling ALOT more items and buyers have more items to choose from. Say you need a coffee maker and want a bottle of smell-good lotion....well both are starting at .99 and ending at the same time and I really need a coffee maker and can wait on the lotion.......then I am bidding on the coffee maker...sometimes the best way to answer questions like this is to put yourself in a buyers shoes. Also, DAILY check on your competition and competition could be anybody selling SIMILAR products. Plus this time of year is never that great on ebay. Good Luck!

Last edited by needhelpplease; 05-09-2010 at 03:40 AM. Reason: more info
Old 05-09-2010

I didn't ask a question. But, was simply answering one about how I am having success on Ebay.

I have been on Ebay for the past 6 years - Power Seller for most of that time - when it actually meant something special.

I do check my competition daily. When I started 6 years, I found 2 sellers that sold similar items and copied their methods. Both are still there. Only 1 is still a PS. The other downsized their store and only runs auctions. I do the same with my other product line. And looking at their sales, mine seems to exceed theirs.

One thing I have on my side - my brand name. I am certainly not anything big. But, I have about 20 stores throughout the country that carries my product under my name. I also have a few bed & breakfasts inn. While there are people out there that will buy any item - regardless of the name or package - there are those who will only a certain brand. I have a customer on Ebay that buys my stuff and then sells it as her own. About a year ago, one of her customers purchased from me. Swore up and down that it was the worst thing she ever used and went back to where she had been buying from - which was the same thing - just a different package!
Old 05-09-2010

Longevity: 85%

Ebay sales have dropped way way down both in the US and UK . You can see they are running scared by offering this weekend free listings at any auction price . Its still a great place to get quick sales but the profit margin for selling certain items ( not Vero) doesnt make it worth my while selling there .
UK Ebid sales have picked up a bit