Selling Big Money Item will this work - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Selling Big Money Item will this work

So I got a deal on some Macbook Pros and want to sell them. They are pretty hyped up so in research i am figuring ill get about $2500 for each. I plan on listing the computer on a stealth account (account is about 3 months old and has a feedback of 3. Never sold anything on the account though) the bank account has been confirmed. I have a tracfone attached to the account as well as a prepaid visa to lift all limitations. Account has been linked with Aucitva. Im going to list it on ebay with like 10 pictures with my ebay id clearly shown in all the pictures. This should keep any ebay scrutiny away from me right?

As for paypal I figure they are going to do the 21 day hold so im going to ship out as soon as i get payment with usps and signature confirmation. Im gonna call them as soon as its delivered to get them to release the funds. Then move the money to my bank account.

How does that sound for a plan? Keep in mind im listing the macbook pros on different accounts. Im hoping this can fall into the non scrutiny of the "one time sale" Not like im selling lots of macbook pros if they ask itll be like oh i won it in a raffle and figured id just get some cash for it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

goodluck, 2500 in one transaction is scary. i wouldn't do more than 500 in any 1 month at a time with a stealth.Keep it slow and LOW, and then gradually build up as you prove you're legitimate with paypal, the more you prove you are delivering items w/o cases open and positive feedbacks, the happier and less flags you will raise with paypal Paypal wants you as a seller, they don't want you to scam people, that's their main idea... so dodge the flags with positives and NO CASES, refund immediately w/o drama
Old 06-06-2010

Longevity: 82%

Sounds like a good plan. I don't see how it would not work. If the pictures are taken and the product is legitimate there shouldn't be a problem. That's my opinion thought never had experience with something like this however, I don't see any complications with doing it. EBay is not intentionally looking to sabotage people...I think. Worst case scenario I'm guessing would be that eBay will either take the listing down before it even gets sold and give you a warning (unlikely) or Paypal limits your account after it gets sold and holds the money for 180 days for high risk activity. If the latter happens at least it's still you're money you just gotta wait for it

-Albert Einstein
Old 06-06-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

That is way, way too much money to put through a stealth paypal. Can you imagine the paypal fees and fvf on 2500? What if you lose it? Then you're out a 2k+ dollar laptop...

I'd take a check, or money order.
Old 06-06-2010

Why not open a paymate account get your sellers feedback up to 10 or more an you can open one with $5000 month limit or $10,000.
The Following User Says Thank You to telly55 For This Useful Post:
mememe1972 (06-08-2010)
Old 06-06-2010

Longevity: 85%

telly55 is right! 1 paymate account per ebay account. You can use the same info and they don't check!
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficialGenius For This Useful Post:
mememe1972 (06-08-2010)
Old 06-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

I would NEVER Let that kind of Money flow thru a Stealth Paypal
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
mememe1972 (06-08-2010)
Old 06-07-2010
Threadstarter  

At the risk of sounding like a jerk can someone who says dont do it elaborate more instead of just saying id never do that. Where do you think the problem will arise? Ive had thousands flow through stealth paypal accounts before with no problem. Those were outside of ebay transactions though. They were gift cards and everytime I got a call from paypal id say oh i won this in an auction or i got it with my credit card points and I got limited like once out of every 5 times or so. I feel like its more quantity than amount that gets the limitations soemtimes so im thinking if i play it as a one time sale on the account that it will help. First of all when i sell it the moneys going to be held by paypal anyway so i have to ship with signature and confirmation anyway. So why are they going to put an account on hold that cant even get the funds. The only time I really see a problem is after I prove delivery and attempt to move the funds to my bank account.
Old 06-07-2010

Longevity: 84%

Paypal limits based on spikes in sales and on a new account anything over $500. If you sell a macbook for $550 on a new account without any selling history it will limited automatically by their system. You can move 1,000's through a stealth paypal you just have work your way up to it gradually.
Old 06-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Look People Paypal uses a Fraud protection System that is VERY Complicated, They have "Bots" that are programed to flag accounts for a Mulitude of reasons. Accounts can get Limited for ALL of the folowing reasons: Selling to fast, Spike in the "Average Amount of each transaction, Withdrawal limitations, (Both Known and Unkown), Activity Level Spikes, High Risk Sales, PURCHASING History It is a FACT that there are Limitation Triggers set for ALL of those reasons, and there is MORE.

So, For example, an Ebay seller with a Paypal account Verified with a Bank Account and Debit Card Whose average Transaction is about $100.00 per Transaction selling "low risk" items Has a Monthly withdrawal Limit of XXXXX ( I do not Know what the exact Amount is, I have been trying to figure that out for YEARS, but I Do Know that it EXISTS!!!)

Take the EXACT Same Account senario and change the Verification Part by substituting a Social Security Number instead of the Debit Card and you wind up with a MUCH Higher Withdrawal Limit (BUT You will Still Have a LIMIT)

In FACT Every time there is a Change in that Original account Senario the direct result will be a Limitation Requesting More information AND Change in your Withdrawal Limit.

I Know that Paypal says that Verified Accounts have No Withdrawal Limits, But that is a Load of Crap, if you read the Paypal user Agreement it Basically says that in order to provide better security for all Paypal users, that Paypal can limit your account and ask for additional information ANYTIME.

So when you call and complain about the limitation Paypal will tell you that it is NOT the amount of Money but for additional Security, Yea Right.

It is However Possible to have an account that I Believe will Not suffer anymore Limitations, I have such an account, this account is 100% Legit, and a Corporate account that is now 8 years old, and over the years I have provided Paypal with EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMMAGINE and then some, Personal Social Security Number, Federal Tax ID Number (A Coporate version of a Social Security Number) State Tax Resale Certificates, Bank Accounts, Debit Cards, Invoices, Drivers Licence, PHOTO COPIES of all of the Above, and MORE.

The reason that I believe that this account is Truly Unlimited is because after my last limitation and document submission session with Paypal (about 3 Years ago) I was approved to use a Paypal feature called a "Balance Manager" which allows me to set up my Paypal account for automatic transfers to my bank account in a variety of ways. I Have NEVER Had a Problem Since, and i have had some SERIOUS Sales Spikes in that time.

So in essence if someone using Paypal selling items that go for about 100.00 each and sell about 20 per week starts selling Mac Books for 2000.00 each In my Opinion WILL have a Paypal Problem---No Question.

Last edited by slapped; 06-07-2010 at 10:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
schwuller (09-17-2010)
Old 06-07-2010
Threadstarter  

See I see what you all are saying but I dont think anyones reading my posts they are just spouting off the same stuff we already know. start slow build up trust blah blah. I know all that. Im looking at this as more of a once in a blue moon thing. Im not listing all the macbook pros on 1 account thats stupid. What im saying is this. List it on the one paypal and sell it. Even ebay and paypal know not everyone who sells on ebay is a huge seller so im playing this as the angle of a guy who has a compuer hes trying to sell. People do that all the time. I feel like even with the larger amount it will work because
1 its the one and only thing ive got listed to sell.
2. They are going to hold the money when it comes into my paypal anyway until I get a positive feedback or its shown delivered with signature
3. Im not listing anything else on the account and no other money will be coming in besides this.

thoughts. and again make sure you know what im saying. dont just come in saying you want to start off selling small then move to big ticket items. essentially i am going to use an account to sell a macbook pro then never use it again.
Old 06-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
See I see what you all are saying but I dont think anyones reading my posts they are just spouting off the same stuff we already know. start slow build up trust blah blah. I know all that. Im looking at this as more of a once in a blue moon thing. Im not listing all the macbook pros on 1 account thats stupid. What im saying is this. List it on the one paypal and sell it. Even ebay and paypal know not everyone who sells on ebay is a huge seller so im playing this as the angle of a guy who has a compuer hes trying to sell. People do that all the time. I feel like even with the larger amount it will work because
1 its the one and only thing ive got listed to sell.
2. They are going to hold the money when it comes into my paypal anyway until I get a positive feedback or its shown delivered with signature
3. Im not listing anything else on the account and no other money will be coming in besides this.

thoughts. and again make sure you know what im saying. dont just come in saying you want to start off selling small then move to big ticket items. essentially i am going to use an account to sell a macbook pro then never use it again.

Well, now that you put it that way, it MIGHT work, It Really depends on how Paypal Views your account, but if you withdraw VERY SLOWLY over a 2-3 month Period you might pull it off

Make sure that you DO NOT put a Second one on any account, 1 per account Might Work

I personally still would not do it.

Last edited by slapped; 06-07-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2010

If all you want to do is sell a macbook on an account with no selling history I can garantee your paypal will get limited as soon as any over $500 payment comes in, try and see for yourself.
Old 06-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
So I got a deal on some Macbook Pros and want to sell them. They are pretty hyped up so in research i am figuring ill get about $2500 for each. I plan on listing the computer on a stealth account (account is about 3 months old and has a feedback of 3. Never sold anything on the account though) the bank account has been confirmed. I have a tracfone attached to the account as well as a prepaid visa to lift all limitations. Account has been linked with Aucitva. Im going to list it on ebay with like 10 pictures with my ebay id clearly shown in all the pictures. This should keep any ebay scrutiny away from me right?
That sort of listing has a big chance of being flagged. At the very least I would say to expect a MC010 suspension. From other posts here on the forum, ebay are giving out these on accounts with low FB. Age does not count nor the fact you say it;s created OK. ebay is not liking such listings.

Quote:
As for paypal I figure they are going to do the 21 day hold so im going to ship out as soon as i get payment with usps and signature confirmation. Im gonna call them as soon as its delivered to get them to release the funds. Then move the money to my bank account.
Inclined to agree with the procedure sort of. Paypal will limit you for $2500.They perceive a risk. What if you get a scammer? What if you get paid with a stolen CC? Have you factored this into your plan? I dont see that anywhere paypal will think the same

Quote:
How does that sound for a plan? Keep in mind im listing the macbook pros on different accounts. Im hoping this can fall into the non scrutiny of the "one time sale" Not like im selling lots of macbook pros if they ask itll be like oh i won it in a raffle and figured id just get some cash for it.
if ebay had not changed the way it plays I'd say maybe.I think you are being too simplistic. I've read the other replies and your own. I think you've already decided what you want to do now. It's a moot point any advice but it's my .2c
Old 06-08-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

sdot10,

Just because you want to hear happy-happy-joy-joy music does not mean that the good advice you've been given by others is at fault. The fault lies with the flaws in your thinking.

There are how many hundred thousand items currently listed on ebay? And you think you can front off a phoney seller profile that makes you appear to be the only innocent person on ebay? Like any living breathing ebay organism even looks at what we do? PuhLeez!

The enemy will be sending out bots specifically engineered to give you the stinky eye. At the same time but on the other side of the coin, they are considering maybe potential buyers are nigerians with hot plastic to shop on or maybe some other kind of do-bad-niks.

The advice that people give regarding a slow start is valid. You don't want to hear it? Fine. Stop asking. Stop arguing. List your pschit, have a coke and a smile and have a nice big juicy shut-the-hell-up sandwich.

Fur reel!
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

i was selling hot products on my pre paypal account. The hold didnt come into place probably until the 7/8th unit that i sold. the ebay account had approximately 26 feedback nevertheless.
Old 06-08-2010

It has to do with your dsr ratings and the type of product, if you have 20 drs all above %4.60 normally there's no hold but if 1 of those ratings falls below 4.60 you'll still get the hold even after 20 dsr's unless the product is considered low risk then you might not.
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 80%

great info was thinking about sales of high end (1k to 4k )music equipment but would on a legit account
Old 06-13-2010
Threadstarter  

just a followup. Ive sold 3 of the computers got between 2600 and 3000 and have been able to get every cent out doing exactly what i said i would do.
Old 06-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thats awsome, How long did it take to get your Money out of Paypal? and How big were each of your withdrawls?
Old 06-13-2010

Thats good so in 6 days(since your last post) you sold 3 macbooks.
And got almost 9k into your bank account,all before this weekend?
Where do I signup?
Old 06-13-2010

I think he's bluffing, I don't think you can ship something, get the hold released and have it transferred to your bank that quick and no way can you withrdaw all that money at once without getting limited.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
imhim (09-03-2010)