Anyone make a living off eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Question Anyone make a living off eBay?

With all the time devoted to the game that is eBay / PP ... I'm wondering if there's anyone here who actually makes a living off their eBay sales? That is, eBay is your sole income. If so -- how's that workin' out for ya?

All thoughts / opinions on this subject are welcomed. :D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-08-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

im trying to... im on summer holidays from UNI and havent got a job, but it is hard when you dont accept Paypal, and every obstacle is put in your path. It also doesnt help having linked accounts either.
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 84%

I've been doing it for a few months now, It can be pretty tuff if all you have is new accounts with not much selling history, trying to get that rent money out of paypal at the end of the month can be a little nerve racking. But if you got plenty of established accouts, savings and inventory it's not so bad, but its still a good idea to have a second source income just to cover rent and ulities at least, that way you'll be able to keep your sanity when all your money gets held by paypal before your rents due.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
mememe1972 (06-08-2010)
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 85%

I've been doing it for a few months too and jbuntz is right. Couldn't have said it myself!
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficialGenius For This Useful Post:
jbluntz (06-08-2010)
Old 06-08-2010
Banned

Longevity: 91%

Full time for 10 years, ive probably logged on to ebay nearly everyday since the millennium but i wouldn't like to be a newbie at it nowadays, its a lot tougher on sellers in the last year or so.

Last edited by vetus; 06-08-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-08-2010

Wow Trotter....you have surely seen ALOT! You've probably been through everything that ebay could throw a person's way.
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 89%

full time for 4 years and a part time Hobby for 7 years ..same account and paypal almost 11 years now ...
Old 06-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Right now I have one legit account and one stealth account. I am trying to slowly build credibility to both accounts, add more and more inventory, and then eventually get more stealth accounts and build them up as well.

Yeah it's tough in the beginning, no doubt. But I think in a month I'll be in a better place, and then even better the following month, etc. (That's the plan anyway.)

I was laid off about four weeks ago and I'm working on getting my own business off the ground (which has nothing to do with eBay.) But I need capital. It's a slow process. And so this eBay thing is really important for both the short term and for raising the funds for my future business...

Here's hoping for success for us all!
Old 06-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

I'm making a full time income, well I was until PP shafted me.

Trying to build up to the point where my income is a bit more steady. I live in Serbia half of the year, so dont need much to live on.
Old 06-08-2010

Lost my job almost a year ago, now im on the dole which is £40 a week. JOKE.

So at the minute my main income is ebay, iv been through a lot of accounts in the last year. At the minute i have 4 stealth accounts which are all under 2months old. All i got too go on is ****ty vero items,,, and you all know how it goes. Eventually shut down.

So its going very slow but im hoping to make a few pound (£4,000 to be exact) to emigrate to Australia in October with my friends.

Its all riding on these 4 stealth accounts that are off to a rocky start what with vero take downs, ebay is my life at the minute
Old 06-08-2010

13 years same ebay account, full time for 4
Old 06-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I wish I could do the Ebay and Craigslist as a full-time job. I have the established accounts, inventory and capital to do it with but I currently have a good paying job with excellent benefits and in this economy that is something you don't want to walk away from. I put in 40-50 hours a week on Ebay and Craigslist and make 3 times my normal wage from work.
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 94%

Full time since 2002, fully stealth since 2006....being patient gives you big results, dont panic, just think.
Old 06-08-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I'm trying too lost my biz (real estate related) after 18 yrs. Ive been thrown many road blocks frm ebay/pp. read the guide it helped. im learning something new everyday. i wish there was a way to see who can be trusted on here n who couldnt i have some questions and suggestions and i know everyone is leary..i dont blame them. we all have stealth phone numbers if anyone can share the how to get thru the first month check of sales w ebay even when i sold used junk i got hit. is there a system? im S L OW L Y ....building on 1 real and 4 stealths now.. i want 10 accounts ready and 5 selling . its definitely hard work keeping up w buying accounts..selling etc but i love the challenge. I think its gotta be all stealths except one real to actually buy stuff lol.. especially w vero.
Old 06-09-2010

Longevity: 83%
Default making a hard living on Ebay

1 real account
4 stealth accounts

I am trying to do it like many of you the same story I was laid off from my real job. The sh***ty thing is I bought a house and found out my wife was pregnant around the same time. Jbuntz said it perfectly its extremely stressful when you have to count on Ebay and PayPal to put food on the table. Luckily I did really well in Nov and December.

What really gets me fired up is the late night infomercials or that Video Professor guy that sells the DVD promising to teach you EVERYTHING there is to know about Ebay. When people ask me about doing the Ebay thing its hard not to be negative, and I really really feel sorry for the newbies getting there feet wet for the 1st time. The eBay Stealth Forums helps me keep my sanity more often then not, knowing that there really are other people out there that knows what its like.

Ebay and PayPal will have there day soon or later people are really going to start pushing back.

Uncle Billy
Old 06-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

I have a full time job and i do ebay on the side, i have about 8 or 9 or 10 accounts, 2-3 real ones with relative names, the rest are stealth, so far so good in the first month. The only real issue is, i sell vero off the cuff. I wish i could find the magic products these big timers here sell, but everyone is hush hush about their "products" even if it's a vero item lol.. and i know where to get wholesale vero too heh. 1 of my sellers tried to offer me some sunglasses, but seriously you can't sell that on ebay, people know what vero glasses look like heh
Old 06-11-2010

Thumbs down Never put all your eggs in one basket, Even a basket as big as ebay. Bad Idea....

I was selling on ebay for around 4 years on and off, Made some good money to help SUPPLEMENT my current income (From a reliable long term job).
Im glad I didnt rely on ebay, I was prepared to throw in my job at one point (I was making more on ebay then from my work), But lucky I never, All it takes is one suspensions and your out, I mean even a 7 days suspension can still have a dramatic affect on your income. Let alone a indefinite suspension.

NEVER, put all your eggs in one basket, Especially with ebay. It's just way to risky. Even if your making good money.

Why dont we all get together and do something about this? I've said this in another post... "In great numbers we have great strength".. As individuals were nothing... nobody's...
TOGETHER.. we could be ebays worst nightmare. Even just a few hundred of us uniting & fighting together.

I really do believe we could do something about this.
Old 06-11-2010

If you have seen real money on ebay you have a love hate with them because as soon you try to go hard and make some serious cake they slap you in the face with some BS. I had a 100k plan for 90 days (vero) but they put a stop to it at 2k. Sold 15 products in 10 hours ($1400) on a new account prior to knowing THE STEALTH and got a 180 day hold. So it is what it is. Slow and easy is the way to go ask most women. LOL
Old 06-11-2010

Longevity: 89%

You can make money without Vero ..but the thing is the lure of the easy money through selling it is too much for most even myself- but i only sold at flea market .. but i took the vero money and invested it legit and so far so good .......the funny thing though is when i hear people say they need their real job as with ebay one problem and your done .. well usualy one problem and your done at your real job too unless you are union ....also if ebay did away with vero -you would not make money as the market would be oversaturated and Asia would be selling on ebay for the same price they sell to you for .. i used to buy my overseas products from ebay and than re-sell at flea market as i couldnt compete on ebay beacuse it was flooded with asian sellers ... i laugh when i hear people talk about vero -trust me let them close down vero and everybody would be selling again and if you were around 5-8 years ago you know what i mean .
Old 06-13-2010

Longevity: 86%

Yes and No.

I've been working on ebay on and off since 2003.

Ive sold a ton of stuff, between all of my accounts I've amassed almost 20k feedback.

The last 3 year's I've sold non vero.

I have sold some DVD's within the last year but never too successfully..i usually end up with a inventory of crap i just end up giving to friends.

Vero is like gambling.. some times you just get that itch.. but it is so stressful.

I'm also working on my MBA Degree, and have a full time job at a good company so right now ebay is supplemental income.. pays for my toys I make more on ebay then I do at work also.. But I would never (again) just count solely on ebay... been there done that and about went crazy when i got suspended and limited with $15k in my paypal
Old 06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch View Post
Yes and No.

I've been working on ebay on and off since 2003.

Ive sold a ton of stuff, between all of my accounts I've amassed almost 20k feedback.

The last 3 year's I've sold non vero.

I have sold some DVD's within the last year but never too successfully..i usually end up with a inventory of crap i just end up giving to friends.

Vero is like gambling.. some times you just get that itch.. but it is so stressful.

I'm also working on my MBA Degree, and have a full time job at a good company so right now ebay is supplemental income.. pays for my toys I make more on ebay then I do at work also.. But I would never (again) just count solely on ebay... been there done that and about went crazy when i got suspended and limited with $15k in my paypal
I've also had a bunch of money limited in my paypal account, This was the first sign I had not to rely solely on ebay. I think ebay is a great place to trade, BUT the drawback is you rely on them and forget to use the other resources you may have, (I have a website which I never worked on, because I didnt need to, I mean ebay was my website!, But now im more focused on running my own website and gaining my own traffic so NO-ONE can shut me down when they please).
Again, don't put all your eggs in one basket, split them over several (ebay, your own webiste, maybe a shop if you can afford it!), then when one of the baskets get pinched, at least the others are still their to support you.
Old 06-14-2010

Longevity: 84%

Just like any stock broker will tell ya and the higher the risk the more eggs you might want to have, just make sure they're not egg heads though lol egg heads can be more damaging than beneficial, you gotta stay positive.