can someone please explain this whole ebay dispute thing? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default can someone please explain this whole ebay dispute thing?

I have been reading on here and grew a question,lol! If a buyer places an ebay dispute does ebay always charge it to you in the form of fees? When I had that buyer create another account just to leave me neg feedback, she opened an ebay dispute claiming item not received as described right after leaving feedback and ebay gaver her money back supposedly as she states. Does ebay refund the buyer ALL of their money back? This was a few weeks ago and I dont see any fees that have been added to my account....please clear this up for me. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Default Feeling a little unloved.......

I feel like an ugly stepchild on this forum,lol! And being that I am OH SO SEXY in real life,lol,this is saddening to me. I search the forums New Posts whenever I get the chance to hopefully be able to help others out with questions that I may be able to answer and when I have a question nobody wants to help me I mean even a "Hey this is a stupid question" would make me feel better than getting no response at all Well in closing I love you guys and hope someone can answer some of my questions with nearly 0 responses,lol! Thank you!!
Old 07-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

??? Lucky in cards, unlucky in love?

Welcome to the forum - what questions? I troll regularly and didn't see anything as far as I can recall...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
needhelpplease (07-26-2010)
Old 07-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Me too. I try to help as much as I can, but only if I know the answer.

I'd rather post nothing than to post the wrong answer and then you and others get burned by bad advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
??? Lucky in cards, unlucky in love?

Welcome to the forum - what questions? I troll regularly and didn't see anything as far as I can recall...
Thank You! I wanted to know more about the ebay buyer dispute thing....was wondering if ebay always charges the seller in the form of fees for this...I had that buyer create a new 0 feedback account just to leave me neg because I blocked her from being able to bid on my auctions and she left me neg feedback and filed Ebay disputes and supposidly ebay refunded her the money, but I dont see any charges on my account from that...so I was just wondering if ebay will charge me for refunding her...she claimed item not as described (yeah right!) and didnt even have to return it to me.....thanks!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Me too. I try to help as much as I can, but only if I know the answer.

I'd rather post nothing than to post the wrong answer and then you and others get burned by bad advice.
I agree, but usually there are at least 1 or 2 posts that I can offer some sort of knowledge to.
Old 07-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post
Thank You! I wanted to know more about the ebay buyer dispute thing....was wondering if ebay always charges the seller in the form of fees for this...I had that buyer create a new 0 feedback account just to leave me neg because I blocked her from being able to bid on my auctions and she left me neg feedback and filed Ebay disputes and supposidly ebay refunded her the money, but I dont see any charges on my account from that...so I was just wondering if ebay will charge me for refunding her...she claimed item not as described (yeah right!) and didnt even have to return it to me.....thanks!!!!!!!!
I can only tell you that the few times I've had to refund money, eBay also refunded their fees. But I am not sure if that is an iron-clad policy.

I think the buyer is trying to get your goat, so to speak. I cannot see eBay CHARGING you to reund money. At least I've never heard of it happening.
Old 07-26-2010
Threadstarter  

I think I read it on ebay itself where it said that if they refund the buyer it is charged to the seller in the form of fees....but I read that recently and cant understand how ebay could charge me for something she didnt even return nor did ebay even require her to return.....that whole thing is just super weird to me. Thanks for your reply!!
Old 07-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I think I read it on ebay itself where it said that if they refund the buyer it is charged to the seller in the form of fees....but I read that recently and cant understand how ebay could charge me for something she didnt even return nor did ebay even require her to return.....that whole thing is just super weird to me. Thanks for your reply!!
Well, if the buyer opens a dispute with eBay or PayPal and they find in the buyer's favor, then YES they will charge you for the amount of the refund minus their fees. They are not going to GIVE you the money to refund the buyer. But to tack on extra costs - I just can't see it.

If a buyer opens a dispute YOU WILL KNOW ABOUT IT. eBay/PayPal will USUALLY want your response. And they would notify you either way. And if they were going to take money from you to refund the buyer, they would also let you know about that.

There is no "secret dispute" process for buyers on eBay. At least not yet, but who knows - that may change in the future?

This buyer is a crank, pushing your buttons. Opening a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account just to bid on something for the purpose of leaving negative feedback? Who the hell does that??? Not a SANE person. A SANE person just asks for a refund and then files a dispute if you don't give it to them.

Last edited by jeffweico; 07-26-2010 at 11:48 PM.
needhelpplease (07-27-2010)
Old 07-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

It's not fair to other users to post guilt trips if a thread does not get a reply. It's never been a practise and it never will be. The 1st post was not even on the board for 6 hours. Forum is slow and that should be taken into account.
Only reporting your own death is urgent...only that

LOVE & PEACE
Old 07-26-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

@needhelpplease

I promise to keep an eye on your future posts and threads.

Most often I spend so much time just reading everything here, that I overlook responding when I can help.

For more important matters that need a fast response you can PM me.

I will try and pay a little more attention to my "StepChild".
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Yes need this happened to me once. If they did open a ebay dispute then ebay would tell you that when the buyer sends back the item with tracking in 7 days they wil refund the buyer and then charge you everything including shipping to your ebay account. It's kind of like fees but more like fees due right away so have some money in your PayPal account just in case because it's a quick process for ebay to recover the refund. I hope this helps GOOD LUCK!
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
This buyer is a crank, pushing your buttons. Opening a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account just to bid on something for the purpose of leaving negative feedback? Who the hell does that??? Not a SANE person. A SANE person just asks for a refund and then files a dispute if you don't give it to them.
Yeah, the buyer has been on ebay for like 100 years but she took 15 days to pay on a time sensitive type auction with no communication. I state in my auctions that payment is kindly requested within 4 days and if payment cant be made in that time frame to please contact me and let me know. When she finally did pay (immedietly, after I felt no other option but to open an unpaid item dispute and ignoring my 2 emails I sent to her before then). I mailed out her purchase and she left me positive feedback with ALL LOW DSRs. Out of hundreds of transactions she was the only one to leave me low DSRs. So I just put her on my blocked bidders list and thought that would be the end of it. But she obviously tried bidding on other auctions of mine and saw she was unable to, instead of contacting me, she just created another account and bid that way, IMMEDIETLY after winning my auctions she emailed me stating "you should have never blocked me, now you are going to get negative feedback for each and every transaction I won". I kindly offered a refund and she stated..."No, I do not want a refund, I want what I purchased and I am going to leave you negative feedback for every item". I did not reply and still mailed out her purchase. The same day delivery confirmation shows it was delivered she leaves me all neg AND opens ebay disputes on all of the items. I respond with ''issue refund upon return'' option and ebay just closed the disputes and refunded her money with money from where I dont know, because it wasnt taken out of my account to date. I figured oh this is going to be an easy neg feedback removal once I give trust and saftey a copy of her 2 emails.....well I guess not because I got one of those '' this does not warrent a feedback removal'' emails.....whatever!
Old 07-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
It's not fair to other users to post guilt trips if a thread does not get a reply. It's never been a practise and it never will be. The 1st post was not even on the board for 6 hours. Forum is slow and that should be taken into account.
Only reporting your own death is urgent...only that

LOVE & PEACE
Sorry GreenBean.....you know the "dont drink and drive" saying....well maybe there needs to be one that says "dont drink spiked OJ and do this forum"....will follow that rule from now on!
Old 07-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

No, you felt sad, so I do understand that and the more so because it was a bad batch of OJ. Have drunk a lot of spiked OJ back in the day when ebay buyers bugged me

The matter really is that you've been a victim of a cow of a buyer. This was no amateur. She knew exactly what she was doing. She knew how to trip you up. I have a friend called Karma. Might speak to her
Old 07-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

needhelpplease, though it's beyond your control where the bidder places the dispute, it's better to do it with paypal than with eBay. eBay will refund whole amount.

With paypal you can come to an agreement - with eBay, yes you can do the same thing but they make their decisions pretty quickly - odd since it is the same owners of both.
Old 07-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Well I am definetly over the neg feedback, I was just wondering about the ebay dispute process since I never had one before and it has been weeks and I didnt see any charges and my paypal was just fine, so thanks everyone for clearing that up for me. But I am glad to see some of my fav forum members came in to help me! Thanks guys!
Old 07-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

All good - if this is what was bothering you so much, glad to hear - hopefully you don't have worse like you can see around the forum...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Me too, but I have always been lucky with buyers I guess. Lots have stayed in contact me with over the years and we communicate online and it is nice so that a good portion of my sales can be done outside of ebay because of the trust. But although I do agree most buyers/sellers are honest, it is always a few bad apples that IS enough to spoil the bunch. They make it so aggrevating.....I mean in this case, if a seller were to block me, I would just take my money elsewhere to someone who would appreciate my business....but I guess she figured that I have only been on ebay for "a little over a year" and she has been on there since the beginning it probably offended her to be blocked....but whatever, GreenBean was right Karma is a B****!
Old 07-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
IMMEDIETLY after winning my auctions she emailed me stating "you should have never blocked me, now you are going to get negative feedback for each and every transaction I won". I kindly offered a refund and she stated..."No, I do not want a refund, I want what I purchased and I am going to leave you negative feedback for every item". I figured oh this is going to be an easy neg feedback removal once I give trust and saftey a copy of her 2 emails.....well I guess not because I got one of those '' this does not warrent a feedback removal'' emails.....whatever!
I WOULD Appeal, Willful, Malicious, Unwarranted Feedback is Against Ebay Policy, I would CALL and try to Speak to a "Supervisor" Go over the Emails, the Comments made to you, The Fact and Reason that you Originally "Blocked" her, The account that she Created to "Harass" you, Hell Harassment is Against the Law in ALL States, but not on Ebay?.---there MUST have been some type of Mistake or Misunderstanding with your first request.

Call them, I have to Believe that if you get the right person on the phone that they WILL Help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010
Threadstarter  

slapped!!! I am so glad to see you chimmed in! I was going to put......where is slapped?....when I was sending my love to my fav forum members....so i am so glad to see you here! Didnt want to make a page long testimonal as to what happened, but the lady not only emailed me this under her new 0 feedback account BUT ALSO UNDER THE ACCOUNT I BLOCKED! She double emailed.....if that makes sense...copy and pasted the same 2 emails under both accounts for a total of 4 emailed and emailed me through ebay nonetheless. That is why I shipped the items anyway, first hoping she would get over it by the time it reached her, than figuring if not, this was a definte feedback removal. First response from trust and saftey (I emailed them twice)....I got we reviewed the emails and found that this does not warrant feedback removal......now I didnt even send the emails to trust and safety yet....so when I emailed the second time I stated I didnt even send the emails as they were even requested...how could this not warrant feedback removal if the emails werent even viewed by a trust and saftey member.....got the same email from them back, I just gave up.....I really dont have the time to keep contacting ebay about this, I am on a little vacation and trying to enjoy it,lol! Thanks again slapped for chimming in!
Old 07-27-2010
Threadstarter  

oh and she opened the account with completly different information name/address/phone/email all that stuff!
Closed Thread