A bit confused - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-23-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default A bit confused

I had two eBay accounts, and both had the same PayPal address linked to them. However, one of the accounts was used just to buy stuff and the other to sell. The one that I used to sell is still active, strong and healthy, but I have found out that the one that I used to buy has gone NARU, probably because of an invalid eMail address (that account was very old and I had forgotten about its existence and eventually the eMail addressed attached to it ceased).

In other words:
Account A (seller account used for selling) => strong and active.
Account B (invalid eMail, seller account but never sold, only bought stuff) => NARU. This account has been NARU'd for a long time now, this is not something recent.

I am wondering if the account A is still active because:

1) The "invalid eMail" policy violation is not considered severe for eBay (like that it happens by ommission and not by action like VeRO, shill-bidding, etc) and if an account goes NARU'd because of this, eBay really doesn't care and they do not suspend linked accounts.

2) Linking PayPal addresses with eBay accounts is different than linking PayPal accounts to eBay accounts so the accounts are actually NOT linked.
So eBay does not link accounts because of their PayPal address (which I insist, is not the same to PayPal accounts) and they only link eBay accounts because of their primary registration address?

3) Since the account A was registered before the B went NARU'd, it's fine for them, which would be not if I would have registered AFTER I went NARU'd.

4) Since the account B was used only to buy (despite being a seller account), they do not care and what it triggers the red flag is when an account actually sells.

I think that it's the point (4) the one that clarifies my confusion.

Important note: the names, addresses, phone numbers, etc are all different between these accounts. The only thing that they had in common is that they both had the same PayPal address (which is not the same to the registration address).

I am confused about this. The fact is that the account A is good and healthy.

Any help please?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I think that your theories are wrong. Only reason your selling account still exists is because 1. you havent done wrong with it (as far as I know) and 2. only a matter of time befor they catch that. So go ahead and do what needs to be done but remember, it could get suspended.
Old 09-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I think that your theories are wrong. Only reason your selling account still exists is because 1. you havent done wrong with it (as far as I know) and 2. only a matter of time befor they catch that. So go ahead and do what needs to be done but remember, it could get suspended.
I agree with you, however given that it's been a very long time since the account B went NARU'd, and considering that it never had a single item for sale, the account A is and will stay safe. I am 99% convinced that accounts that do not sell do not trigger red flags unless you do shill-bidding, buy lots of .01 cents auctions or mess with stuff like that.

It's always accounts that actually offer items for sale the ones that raise red flags for different reasons. Since my account was always quiet I think that the other one can live forever. What must has happened is that I must have purchased an item, and eBay got the Item Won email bounced because of the invalid email address and then they suspended the account.
Old 09-24-2010

Longevity: 86%

A strictly buyer account getting kicked off has to do with to much of something not right....shill bidding/to many Item Not Received disputes placed on sellers etc. Ebay has gotten ALOT stricter with buyers being able to do this.....
Old 09-24-2010

Longevity: 78%

I know a lot of people that just had the one paypal account and linked several ebay accounts in the past. But things have changed now, as ebay and paypal have become much more linked.

You may get away with using the account for buying but I would say if it has a lot of good feedback, then just leave it alone and use it for your link to feedback for your off ebay sales. Create another account for both ebay and paypal.
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

I plan to never use again both of these accounts:

Account A (seller account used for selling) => strong and active.
Account B (invalid eMail, seller account but never sold, only bought stuff) => NARU. This account has been NARU'd for about two months or more.
Account C (invalid eMail, seller account but never sold) => still active
Account D (invalid eMail, seller account but never sold) => still active

All of them are linked to the same PayPal address. However their registration address and cc are all different.

I don't want to appeal for reinstatement for the NARU'd account because they could alert them to search for linked accounts. I want to be out of the radar as much as possible.

New question is: does eBay only have under their "linking" radar accounts that are being actively used either for buying/selling or sleeper accounts are targeted as well? If I never touch these accounts again, can they still be linked? Help please!