eBay red flag radar - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default eBay red flag radar

Guys, I have asked this in a separate thread but I think that it deserves its own because my original concern led to this new question:

Does eBay only have under their "linking radar" accounts that are being actively used either for buying/selling or sleeper accounts are targeted as well? If I never again touch accounts that have relation to suspended ones, will they still attract eBay's attention or they only focus on accounts that are currently buying/selling?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-25-2010

Longevity: 82%

What does eBay's attention to your previous suspended accounts even matter if you're not using them?

In any case all suspended accounts are kept on file and if there is any link to an active buying/selling account to a suspended account, you can count on that active account to go down as well. In other words yes, all accounts are being "targeted" whether they be sleeper accounts, suspended accounts or active accounts.

-Albert Einstein
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
What does eBay's attention to your previous suspended accounts even matter if you're not using them?

In any case all suspended accounts are kept on file and if there is any link to an active buying/selling account to a suspended account, you can count on that active account to go down as well. In other words yes, all accounts are being "targeted" whether they be sleeper accounts, suspended accounts or active accounts.
It matters because:
Account A: NARU but never used for selling (uses PayPal shipping address #1)
Account B: good standing & actively selling (uses PayPal shipping address #1 - PayPal email address for payment is x@xx.com)
Many other accounts: seller good standing (uses PayPal shipping address #2, #3, etc BUT same PayPal email address to receive payment which is x@xx.com)

This is why it does matter.

Anyway, since I do not plan to use account B anymore, I still hope that it doesn't raise any flags. I still hope that inactive accounts stay out of their radar (why would the focus on inactive accounts anyway since after all the the risk level is zero as long as they are not used?). I have also now deleted the PayPal address from it so currently it doesn't have any data that links it to Account A. Of course that if deleted info counts as well, it does matter, but I am taking all precautions to avoid any linking (not using it anymore, deleted the PayPal address, etc).

Thanks!

Last edited by kryunn; 09-25-2010 at 11:11 AM.