eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   MC019 Item removed when I know it is original (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/23705-mc019-item-removed-when-i-know-original.html)

Sandy D 10-13-2010 11:34 AM

MC019 Item removed when I know it is original

My first MC019 removal ever.

It states it was removed because I had listed in a certain time period section which I know this item came from.

Do they just take a buyer word that this is not real when I know it is?

Should I relist the item and put it in another section? Or is it too risky as someone is know watching my items.

I put it in this section because the last two that sold were also placed in this section and sold.

The item is real, it is not ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

rsot 10-13-2010 01:53 PM

Certain time period section? What do you mean?

Relisting = too risky. New account if you really want to push that item.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but I have no clue of the item you are selling.

robsut 10-13-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 173748)
My first MC019 removal ever.

It states it was removed because I had listed in a certain time period section which I know this item came from.

Should I relist the item and put it in another section? Or is it too risky as someone is know watching my items.

I put it in this section because the last two that sold were also placed in this section and sold.

The item is real, it is not ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

If the item is genuine then contact ebay about this, stating this, they will ask you to prove it is genuine, by sending the a picture of your item, or give you contact details of who to contact if it is a vero item. from my experience they always take the buyers side, even if it is genuine

pod 10-13-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 173748)

Pretty much. They are very hard ass on knock offs. Its bogus unless you prove otherwise in their eyes

If its stealth and you have just the one maybe best to leave it alone or they may look at you closer

Sandy D 10-13-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 173773)
Certain time period section? What do you mean?

Relisting = too risky. New account if you really want to push that item.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but I have no clue of the item you are selling.

It is a military item and is original.

They are saying it is not from that time period. In my research it is and actually used others listings for the information needed to track down the item to make sure.

pod 10-13-2010 05:02 PM

So someone reported it as not authentic from that period? That falls under ebays instant removal "counterfeit" report system?

I like eBay less every day. Is there anything you cant report?
They will ask for proof I guess, if thats even possible

Sandy D 10-13-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 173824)
So someone reported it as not authentic from that period? That falls under ebays instant removal "counterfeit" report system?

I like eBay less every day. Is there anything you cant report?
They will ask for proof I guess, if thats even possible

I am guessing that is what happened. Someone did not want me to make some money on the item that I bought for cheap and was going to make some great money on.
The bid only hours into the auction were already 5 times what I paid for the item.
Something tells me it was someone at the estate auction I bought it at who did this. Sneaky suspicion.

pod 10-13-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 173908)
The bid only hours into the auction were already 5 times what I paid for the item.

Nice. Well, if you can find some way of proving age of item maybe try and let eBay know its genuine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 173908)

Something tells me it was someone at the estate auction I bought it at who did this. Sneaky suspicion.

That would be a pretty big long shot, no?

JEM 10-13-2010 09:49 PM

leave it , at least for a while. In your dashboard, it will show as a violation , and it will also show you when this violation expires from your record.

save it for after that time, or relist it under another account name, but I would still wait with it, as whoever is reporting you will have the hawk eyes out for this item the next few weeks. Be sure to also take a different picture of it when you do decide to resell it again

you know, between the monkeys at ebay and a**h**e other sellers, its a miracle anything gets sold at all

Sandy D 10-16-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 173909)
Nice. Well, if you can find some way of proving age of item maybe try and let eBay know its genuine

That would be a pretty big long shot, no?

The reason I thought that was one of the buyers who attends the same auction week after week has mentioned to me, wow, you made some great money on that xxxxx item. So I know he is watching my stuff.
And this auction was full of vintage military stuff which he got a few pieces of and I ended up with several items, which I know ticked him off because he wanted everything for next to nothing.
He listed his few items I see and if I were that kind of a person I would buy the using another account and neggy him to pieces on stuff but I cannot do that.

jeffweico 10-17-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 174760)
The reason I thought that was one of the buyers who attends the same auction week after week has mentioned to me, wow, you made some great money on that xxxxx item. So I know he is watching my stuff.

It is never a good idea to share information with a stranger when it comes to business dealings. Sometimes not even people you know.

People get jealous. It is human nature. They see someone else making some money buying and selling, and they are not as successful for whatever reason. So, the next best thing is to take down the person who is successful.

Sandy D 10-18-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 174771)
It is never a good idea to share information with a stranger when it comes to business dealings. Sometimes not even people you know.

People get jealous. It is human nature. They see someone else making some money buying and selling, and they are not as successful for whatever reason. So, the next best thing is to take down the person who is successful.

I never share information with a stranger. I would not do that.

If you are at an estate auction and watch what the others are buyers and know the business well you can track nearly everyone who buys something at that auction down if they sell it on ebay.

He just watched what I bought over time found it on ebay and when he did not get these items for next to nothing at this sale he reported the item.

And I found he has two different accounts he is selling on, probably a wifes account or family member and found that he is shill bidding his own stuff. He is bidding up certain items that he bought from the same estate auction.

rubbertoes 10-18-2010 03:51 PM

Seems to me he is playing the game better than you are!
As if you've never done or thought of doing the same things.
Rather than whining about your situation, you need to do your homework,
devise a better strategy, and try to
beat him at his own game!

jeffweico 10-18-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 175087)
I never share information with a stranger. I would not do that.

If you are at an estate auction and watch what the others are buyers and know the business well you can track nearly everyone who buys something at that auction down if they sell it on ebay.

He just watched what I bought over time found it on ebay and when he did not get these items for next to nothing at this sale he reported the item.

And I found he has two different accounts he is selling on, probably a wifes account or family member and found that he is shill bidding his own stuff. He is bidding up certain items that he bought from the same estate auction.

I didn't think of that. But it does make a lot of sense since these would be one of a kind items.

The guy sounds like a total sleazebag. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of them online - or in the real world for that matter.

I cannot begin to describe, in this public forum, exactly what I would like to do to such people, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with giving them a hug and buying them a beer...
:brick:

Sandy D 10-18-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubbertoes (Post 175200)

Totally wrong. I have watched other buyers at auctions for years and learned from them what specific items are by doing so on items I was not familiar with.

I beat him every week, I get the good stuff and leave him the junk.

I am not whining, where the heck did that come from?

I am not a person who sits around and tries to figure out how to screw over someone.

There is no better strategy other then buying everything he does not have the money to buy at the auction just like I have been doing. I have watched him close enough to know that once he spends a couple hundred bucks he backs off because he must run out of money. That is why he gets so pissed when I continue to buy all night and spend into the thousands when he cant.
I have already beat him at his little game, he cannot compete with me at the auction because he is short on cash.

By the way I already relisted it, changed a few words around and sold the item within the first hour and made a nice chunk of money to boot.
Guess I can smile at him at this weeks auction because I beat him at his little game and did not have to do any homework.

Only this week I will not let him buy anything, I will be running him up on everything he bids on and once he runs out of cash again he might as well go home because I wont be running out of cash.

Sandy D 10-18-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 175255)
I didn't think of that. But it does make a lot of sense since these would be one of a kind items.

The guy sounds like a total sleazebag. Unfortunately, there is no shortage of them online - or in the real world for that matter.

I cannot begin to describe, in this public forum, exactly what I would like to do to such people, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with giving them a hug and buying them a beer...
:brick:

I know exactly where you are coming from.

This week I plan on not allowing him to buy anything and I will be taking everything I buy this week and hording it back for a while to totally confuse the idiot as to what I am doing with the items.

He knows I made a chunk of money on this item and will be saying something so I will be ready for him. Hey stupid, you should have brought more money with you this week!!

Same idiot who told me two weeks ago when I bought a John Deere riding mower for 250.00 that the cutting season is over why buy a lawn tractor.
I Listed it on craiglist and sold it the next day for 800.00. Joke is on him.

This weeks auction has the pictures online already and I am working on researching everything in the auction so I will know where to run the bids up to. I normally do not have the time but this weeks stuff is awesome and I am planning on coming home with a van load!

jeffweico 10-19-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

I have to strongly disagree here.

I don't think the OP was whining.

This person is NOT playing the game better than the OP - he is just being SLEAZY!

Lying, cheating and stealing is NOT the way to get what you want in life. You may win a few trinkets with this as a strategy, but you will always lose in the end.

From what we know (and I will grant you that there are two sides to every story) the OP outbid him at a local auction. To get back at her, he filed a FALSE report with eBay knowing FULL WELL that the report was false.

That is simply wrong. It is unethical and immoral. Had he outbid her, that would be one thing. Had he simply listed a better item and made more money than she did, that would be fine too.

Competition is fine. Competiton is good for everyone. Sometimes your competitors will come out on top. That's life. But Lying, Deception, Stealing and Cheating are just wrong, wrong, wrong!

By your logic, the executives at Enron did nothing wrong, they just played the game better than anyone else. Ditto with Bernie Madoff.

Then again, maybe it should be expected. They recently polled college students to see what they thought about cheating on a test, and the majority said it was OK to cheat if it helped to give them an advantage.

It terrifies me to think of what this planet, and especially this country, will be like in 30 years.

GreenBean 10-19-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

When you have more street cred on this forum, make comments like that.
You dont have it yet so do try to hold your tongue. :peace:

rubbertoes 10-19-2010 06:00 PM

I apologize, and realize that I don't have "street cred", but I was really trying to help.
Moving on, and I do hope this is taken in the best light; you seem a bit paranoid. You go from sneaky suspicion to certainty that this person is watching your every move!
You think that he is out to get you because he wants to get everything for next to nothing.
Everyone at an auction wants the item for next to nothing! That's the allure!
You know that he is watching you, but you just so happen to know that he has 2 accounts and is shill bidding. Who's watching who?
If he only has a couple hundred bucks, don't you think he knows his limitations? And why would he get mad at you, because he's out of money?
If you outbid him on everything out of spite you will end up hurting yourself in the long run.
This person is only trying to make a buck too, and you have no proof that he is the culprit!
All I meant in my original post is that if you think/know that this person is watching your stuff, and messing with your ebay listings, you need to be smart enough to beat em at the game, like don't buy and list right away, and it doesn't matter if it's this person or the one you suspect the least!!!

Done

oompaloompa 10-20-2010 07:39 AM

I agree these sleazes can cause serious headaches

competition is one of the hardest things to cope with that Ive seen on the forum, harder than any limitation to get around.

I would watch out for this person, there may be worse to come, they can report your listings, (probably reporting it from a different account than he sells on), so he knows which account you sell from, if its different from the one you bid from?. If you feel this may happen, I suggest any purchases made from you have a different return address on the envelope to the registered details. Plus change your return details under ebay, in case of an ebay dispute. If he does a member enquiry on you, usually only the phone and town shows up (at least for UK ebay)