Hmmm Ebay falsly emailing winners? read on.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Hmmm Ebay falsly emailing winners? read on..

So ebay emailed a bidder of mine on an item that was NOT removed from ebay, and told the buyer that they removed the item.. Below is a copy paste..

THE ITEM # is still valid, 5 of 5 items sold. I had others pulled because they got me on my trick finally. But, the proper wording never was removed.... Below is the email a buyer received... on an auction that WAS NOT REMOVED.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com),

We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you bid on or won:

XXXX - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Most items listed on eBay are legitimate, and there are many things we do to protect our members from buying items that aren't. One thing we do is remove items reported to us as allegedly infringing through the eBay VeRO program.

In this case, we removed the listing because the copyright or trademark owner of this product reported that they believe the item may not be authentic.

What to do next:
If you won the item and haven't paid for it yet, don't pay for it.

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly encourage you *not* to accept the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-25-2010

Longevity: 95%

This is a good sign that your account will be destroyed by ebay very soon with in hours. When i sold on ebay i would have buyers email me telling me ebay removed my listing and asked what was going on and i checked and seen nothing wrong then shortly after i was banned.
Old 10-25-2010

Longevity: 86%

This happened to me about 4 months ago! I had a buyer open a not received dispute on an almost month old item that she left great feedback for me for even thanking me for my freebie I included....all of the sudden her positive feedback was removed and here is this dispute....but I still had her email where she thanks me for the freebie etc. I emailed her asking why she opened an dispute when she got the item and reminded her of the email.....and I lie to you not.....her response was......"ebay emailed me and told me if I wanted my money back to file a not received dispute since your auction was taken down, it didnt ask if I ever got it or not, just sayed if I wanted my money back then to file a dispute and I will be refunded".....I told her that that would effect me and my account and she immedietly closed the case. Well I emailed ebay 3 TIMES with NO RESPONSE EVER from them! And I NEVER NEVER had ANY ANY of my auctions taken down ever....well about 4 days after the last email I sent to ebay, all of a sudden her postive feedback came back and all was "back to normal".........
Old 10-25-2010

Also, I purchased a not-so-authentic baseball cap off ebay....didnt care, I knew it wasnt real but it looked real enough for me,lol!.....I got the item, left positive feedback and about 2 weeks later the seller gets taken down and I get that email.......and sure enough it does not state IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE....all it says is "the seller is no longer an ebay user, if you want your money back file a not received dispute"....I couldnt believe it!
Old 10-25-2010

A buyer also informed me that ebay had sent them an email that the listing had been pulled basically. But i never received any takedowns on my end, this must be a new trick the £&$"_&$£"&$_) are playing!!!
Old 10-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Man this just gets my goat every time I see it! I don't deal VERO so its not a problem personally, but C'mon!

They want to take sellers down, fine. But to basically tell buyers to run and get a refund for OLD sales is just messed up. Not only condoning theft, but instigating it.... If this didn't touch on counterfeits the law suits would be insanity...
Old 10-26-2010

Longevity: 95%

Yep ebay is a crooked bussiness a mifia style bussiness. thats why its always best to set up a ebay and a paypal where them dirty bstrds can never get a dime from u if u was to get banned.

Half.com works this way as well if u get banned before pay out and u sent the items. HDC will refund all the buyers with in that payperiod no ?'s asked.

also google checkout use to be like this im not sure if they are any more but i got banned on google checkout and they refund ever single person who paid me and tried to make me pay them back! luckly i used all phake info and i closed my bank right after so them skumbags didnt get a dime from me :D

Last edited by doughboykilla; 10-26-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2010

Longevity: 82%

This explains a lot. I have received a few item not received disputes. I sent one guy a scan of the post office receipt, and within the hour, he had closed the dispute, weird?
I guess he received an email from ebay and thought he'd try his luck, but I do keep receipts.

Paypal also randomly selected a transaction, held those funds whilst they investigated it?? I had to pay for registered post to make sure the buyer received it.
2 weeks later they released the funds.
With that attitude, I removed PP from my listings. I had one buyer who had purchased off me previously, ask why I didn't have PP this time. I explained that they were withholding funds from me, so in protest, I won't use PP. She was happy to pay with Paymate.
Old 10-26-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just updating, account is still active, and no removals.....
Old 10-26-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy2010 View Post
Just updating, account is still active, and no removals.....
Good to hear. They pulled this **** on me the last time my account went down for VeRO. Told my last 20 or so buyers that all my listings have been removed, etc. This is after the items were already sent and positive feedback was received. Most of them e-mailed me confused, some were sympathetic and some came back asking for a refund.

Pfft...I don't think so...You leave a positive feedback saying your happy and than because you have the green light to do so you ask to get your money back and keep the item? Yeah sure

-Albert Einstein