Ebay Diary: My road back to ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-07-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Ebay Diary: My road back to ebay

Thought this would be a good idea: to keep a diary of my road back to ebay.

First thing> I was stupid and didn't even know I could get suspended indefinitely from eBay or get back on until it happened. I totally blew an account I had for four years with close to 200 feed backs. I started selling vero just trying something new. Come to find out..everyone had this idea years ago. Just like you, I too seen everyone selling the same things I wanted to sell; zumba, p90x, Dre headphones, etc.

Fast forward...got limited...then eventually suspended. FOREVER lol.

Found this forum on google, was skeptical. Bought the book. Good book, but is not specific. Great book actually...

Bought three accounts instead of making my own...from here. It just made more sense to me...

Activated one account so far, working fine! I'm actually excited. Not doing the Obvious VERO anymore....been selling for close to a month. Just bought a walmart card today to pay the ebay fees....cause Ive read not to pay with pay pal. SO far so good.

Next step, I'm adding another internet connection (possibly even 2, I have the hookup) to my place and purchasing a laptop to hook up my other account. I don't like the idea of Changing my IP address to log into other accounts. I just doesn't make sense to me and is a major hassle.

So in closing. 2 internet connections. 2 IP address's 2 laptops. I'm considering tethering from my phone for the last account. Until I grow then Ill cross that road.

Post your questions and Ill be more specific on some of my hurdles.
The Following User Says Thank You to nlikens For This Useful Post:
holymoly (12-07-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

So far it seems like you have everything in order...what hurdles exactly are you at right now?

Good job on searching through the forum and reading everything tho!
Old 12-08-2010

that works but for future reference if that becomes a pain for the ip thing do this

buy a netgear router,35 bucks at walmart

it gives you a new ip once you install it.

every account you make a different ip by doing the following

type in 192.168.1.1 in the address bar

type "admin" and "password" when it prompts you

click basic settings on the left side of the page

scroll down to where it shows your mac address

copy and paste the mac address and save it in notepad and name it what that ebay name it belongs to so when you want to log into that ebay you just change your mac to that,when you change your mac back to that it gives you that old ip also

now change the mac address,just change a couple numbers,copy and paste and save that in notepad and name it the ebay you want that attached to.click apply changes,wait about 2 minutes,unplug your router,reset your modem,plug back in your router and you have a new ip.

The whole process takes 5 minutes,i have about 25 different mac ids that i switch back and forth with from the same router

also make sure you erase cookies AND flash cookies,i assume you already know that though
The Following User Says Thank You to shogun1 For This Useful Post:
lagoonclub (12-08-2010)
Old 12-08-2010

i noticed you said you dont like the idea of changing ips and its a hassle,well if what i wrote above seems complicated then you could also just use a seperate router for each account,which will give you as many ips as you have routers.

thats what i used to do before i found out how easy this way was,just need 1 router
Old 12-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Shogun. Yes I see your idea. I like it but a little confused.

OK. Lets walk this through. I have a cable modem. and 1 router. am I switching the internet line and restarting the computer for my second router. How do I connect the internet cord to my computer. or multiple cords?

Or are you saying connect wirelessly?

But even if I have 3 routers..there still only one LIVE cord going into the live router.

So I guess what your saying is starting and restarting for each account. Just switch the LIVE cord to each router before I log into my account.

This is a little easier. And ultimately what Ill have to do. But I'm trying to avoid that all together. I'm hoping 3 or 4 accounts will enough. This way I can just log on with my laptop to different internet connections; ie. different IP's
Old 12-08-2010
Threadstarter  

HOly Moly; there are a host of HURDLES and I'm still learning. Stealth assumes you know a lot of different things and so do a lot of post on the forum.

On hurdle: I bought an account from First Edition. Good Product. But the account came with no instructions. SO now I have an account and I have to guesstimate what to do next. SO I added my new back account to the paypal, then do the whole account deposit thing. I had to add/change the contact phone number. YES THEY did call me to check. point I'm making...Id like to see some step by step...

Now I'm trying to add a p.o. box to the pay-pal...so I can actually buy something and have it shipped to me.

I have two other accounts...that I'm waiting to set up..to get this one running right and make sure I don't muck it up.
Old 12-08-2010

Longevity: 77%

Nlikens,

I understand you want to have 3-4 accounts, but imo it's more of a hassle to have 3-4 laptops one per account than changing the IP address via changing the MAC address of the router.

I have a cable modem and a wireless router. To change my IP I change he MAC address on the router and then reset the router to fetch a new IP. It takes 60 seconds. It would annoy me more if I had to have a laptop for each of my accounts.

Wishing you luck with all of this!