Need Advice about a New Ebay Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Need Advice about a New Ebay Account

Hi All...

Here is what I have done....

1. Was suspened 4 years ago with my personal checking account linked to paypal
2. Two years ago, I successful set up a new Ebay account using my middle and last name with a new paypal. I am now a Top rated seller again.

3. I have started another ebay account with my ficticous name, different address, and different paypal email and everything. I am using my personal bank savings account which is under my legal name. I am to buy on the new Ebay account, but haven't signed up to be a seller yet. I am concerned because I have already logged in with the same IP address that I have been using for the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay that I am a top rated seller.

My question is... If I start a sellers account with this new Ebay, will it link IP addresses with the current successful ebay that I have going? Is there still time for me to start a sellers account with a different IP address even though I have already been buying on the new Ebay that shares the same IP address?

Hope this makes sense. I would really like to get a second Ebay up and running because you never know.....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

You are linked. Dont do anything with the other account. You do not want to risk your top account. Walk away from the new one. Not worth the risk
Old 12-19-2010
Threadstarter  

If I create a new account with a different IP address with all different emails and bank account info.. Will that work? Can I open up a new checking account in my name and use that? Does ebay trace your name on new bank accounts?
Old 12-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Since you have a good running TRS account i strongly urge you not to rush into any of this! Get the stealth guide and with that and the forum you can get going. You go in half ready and you can burn your good account. Slow down a little. A lot at risk here
Old 12-19-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Exactly...take everything in stride with a great account. No need to go in guns a blazing because YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO LOSE...some of us didn't and that's different.
Old 12-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok.. Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it. I am just a little worried because my fictitious Ebay is going really well. I post many designer items on there and worry that Ebay will eventually shut it down. Just want to have a couple of back up plans already going just in case.

Thanks again!
Old 12-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

You're planning ahead and thats important! Good

But don't rush it. One mistake can hurt you. Do your homework first. You will have lots of questions and the forum is a great tool
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Kcmarsh (12-20-2010)
Old 12-20-2010

Longevity: 83%
Default New Account

I bought a Ebay account from a seller on here. I live in New Jersey and the account he sold me was in Indiana. Will Ebay flag me by the IP address not matching? Can I change the address to something closer to me? Thanks so much.
Old 12-20-2010

Longevity: 78%

My IPs are always in different states (mobile broadband and iphone tether, both diff states). Haven't had a problem yet.
Old 12-20-2010
Threadstarter  

@ RRonald..In your situation.. The IP addresses not matching won't matter. (i.e. I live in the states, but had to check my Ebay when I was out of the country.)

It is if you have an account that closed down and you used the same IP address to use your new Ebay account then they would be suspicious. Make sure your IP address is different then the one you used with the shut down account. If you have wireless, try a different router. Or log on your computer as a different user (when your computer first starts sign on as a guest)

You can check your IP number by going to IP Burger

After you get going with using your new account from India, you can change your physical address.

Think of it this way.. There are many people who use Ebay that have to travel, so the IP addresses will change depending on where you are. Ebay only looks at IP addresses if they are connected to bad shut down accounts.