Need advice on using Ebay account on different computers. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Need advice on using Ebay account on different computers.

Before I found this forum, I was suspended from Ebay/PayPal/Amazon, so I created new Ebay/PayPal account at school so they wouldn't link my ip address and anything else I thought they may have (I use to believe Ebay and PayPal could see everything such as all the sites you visit, real address, etc). I used my middle and last name, usps po box, and my father's information (with his permission, ssn and phone # which was in ATL, we have the same name), so I was able to phone and ssn verify the account through PayPal.

When spring semester was over, obviously I wasn't at school, but still being paranoid, I didn't log into my accounts from home but went to a friends house. BTW, I'm located in AZ. Ebay asked for phone verification again, when I attempted to create a listing, because I logged in from a different computer so I completed that. Now, after looking over the forum and reading the Stealth Book, I believe that I can just create another user name on my computer and change the ip address. Is this true or will I be linked to my old account somehow? This account is now four months old, but I've only sold a few things, been moving like a snail this time around.

Something else to point out is I have created another stealth account since then from home and it hasn't been linked but I also haven't begun to sell on it and it has been 1.5 months now aging on that, but also it isn't bank verified so I don't know if that counts when it comes to aging (it is only cc verified).

So my questions are 1. Will my account be linked if I create a new user and change ip address, and 2. Will I have to do phone verification again? If I have to do phone verification that may be a problem because my father has since moved from ATL to South Carolina, could I just get a prepaid phone and change the number?

I did take my laptop to school this semester already, created another user account at school and signed on and listed an item without a problem. Can I use that user name and change my ip address?

Overall I feel like I am in one complicated mess, please help!

Last edited by Babyboy; 09-11-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: grammer errors
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

a new user and ip is ok, but you may need to re-veirfy with phone. Is there a way to transfer cookies over to new computer, think there is..
Babyboy (09-11-2010)
Old 09-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks. Can I use the user id I created on my laptop from school to log into the said account and change the ip or will it be safer to just create a brand new user account on my laptop to use will I'm at home? So in effect I would be using two user names for one account, one at school and one at home. But then again, the whole reason I am asking these questions is because I want to be able to use this account at home so I won't have to use it at school or drive 40 miles to my friends house. Maybe I can just delete the user account I created on my laptop for use at school and create a new user account now, at home.

Any thoughts on that?

Honestly, the way everything has been explained and how I understand it, I believe if I log into the user account I created on my laptop while at school and change the ip address, then it will be fine. But I want to clarify first, I've been working hard on this account, I don't want to mess it up over something that seems to be as simple as this if you know what I mean.
Old 09-11-2010

Longevity: 82%

I'm assuming you know how to change IP addresses. All you gotta do is change your IP address, make a new user account and you're good to go. Do this at home and you'll no longer have to worry about logging into eBay at school. That's really it, a new user account and IP address is all you need. About the phone verification, I have no idea, I would think you're safe considering you've already confirmed it twice now and posted a listing after the confirmation.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
Babyboy (09-11-2010)
Old 09-11-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default telephone number

for the telephone numbers I use a call forward company (UTW) telecom. works really great and you can add numbers to it all the time too. and that for us in Canada WOW
We normally never get any service here. but CCNOW and call forward now? WOW it is really great.
I am still paranoid too. dealing with ebay and paypal for as long as I have done you will get paranoid.:>
Old 09-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Just an update, created new user id and changed ip address. eBay did require another phone verification (unfamiliar computer) so I contacted them through live chat and passed it. Thanks for the help.