Can eBay link two separate computers to one user? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 12-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Can eBay link two separate computers to one user?

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I am not computer-savvy at all and need your guys' help.

I was a PowerSeller and got wrongfully suspended back in November. I've tried appealing the decision and requesting reinstatement, but to no avail.

My boyfriend is going to sign up for a new PayPal account and I plan to use that to sell on eBay. Before making a new eBay name, however, I want to make sure that I do everything correctly and make no mistakes that will tip eBay off.

So... if I buy a brand new computer and use it SOLELY for eBay (and use my current computer for all other personal use), will eBay be able to link the two computers and know they're both mine? They would both be connected through the same wireless Internet connection. Does this matter or are IP addresses linked strictly to each individual computer and not the Internet connection?

Thank you!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-26-2009

Longevity: 84%

I can only give you this advice. BUY THE STEALTH PROGRAM and follow it to a T!!

My own experience---I was a powerseller and got suspended. I had my roommate on her own computer start an ebay account. END RESULT...suspended because of "link to a suspended account". That could be for many reasons, ip, personal info etc.
Old 12-26-2009

Longevity: 85%

Hi... I also would suggest you invest in the stealth guide.

This is a lot cheaper than buying a new computer which you DON'T need!

All you to do is create a new windows user account for your new Ebay/PP accounts.

To get a new IP address it may be as simple as resetting your router. Try it by finding out your IP address (What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...) then turn everything off for an hour or so. Switch back on and go back to the IP checking site and see if you have been assigned a different address by your ISP.

You can get more specific advice by posting what equipment you use and who your ISP is.

CaptainJack
Old 12-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

My boyfriend and I have different mailing addresses, so that is not the issue.

And I know that I could change my public IP address, but the problem is that my roommate also sells on eBay and we share the same Internet connection. Because of this, our public IP addresses are the same and I do not want to get her account suspended too. But we are always on the Internet at the same time, so changing the IP addresses each time we log in/out is not really an option.

Is there a way to still share the same Internet connection, but have two different public IP addresses? Or will I just have to access eBay from a place that has a different public IP address (i.e.: school, coffee shop, etc.)?
Old 12-26-2009

Longevity: 87%

Welcome genny,

I hope you get back on ebay/pp and start selling again soon.

I must second the opinions here. For the new stealth user, there are SOOOO many questions and the task at times can seem daunting. But allow me to say that after about a week of reading the forums, getting the book (it's free through trialpay still - I think?), I was up and running within a month. That may sound like a lot of time right now, but trust me when I tell you that this is one area where if you mess up during the process, you'll just waste even more time and moreover, potentially lose some valuable resources (ie, addresses, names, etc...) that could have come in handy.

Some new users here gripe about "Why can't you just answer the question?" Bottom line is that as in most forums, most questions have been asked and being human, we cannot keep repeating the same answers over and over.

So my advice?

1- Get the book...again, I think it's still free through trialpay offers.
2- Read and search the forums for updated info.
3- Still have a question or want to confirm something? Ask away!

I know this doesn't get you up and running today, but running a stealth account is not something people can do in 48 hours. Please feel free to PM me or any of the Mods if you have any specific questions after getting the book.

Good Luck!

Termed

PS: For IP addy issues, there's a whole forum devoted to it. Just look UP above the main ebay tracking forum you posted in.

Last edited by TermedPS; 12-26-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

quick answer, get dynamic ip, and use new user window to the one used prior, plus read the forum and get book...............