Are these PayPal accounts linked? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 12-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Are these PayPal accounts linked?

I was suspended from eBay in November. I've tried getting reinstated, but no luck. My PayPal account is not limited, but is linked to my suspended eBay accounts.

Prior to reading this board, I planned to create an eBay account under my friend's identity and signed up for a PayPal account using his information. I confirmed the account and transferred $500 into the PayPal account from his checking account. I did not sign up for an eBay account.

Because I had not read these boards before doing this, I did it all without clearing cookies, etc. and we've logged into this PayPal account approximately 10 times or less using his desktop computer and iPhone (so 2+ different IP addresses).

The problem is, I've logged into my PayPal and suspended eBay accounts in the past using both his desktop computer and his iPhone. His computer and iPhone were NOT the main places I logged into my eBay accounts from, but my fear is that his PayPal account is now linked to my PayPal account and possibly my suspended eBay accounts as well.

I've logged into my "linked" PayPal account from his computer in the past week. I have not logged into my suspended eBay accounts from his computer or phone since before they got suspended. The IP addresses might have changed since -- I'm not sure. He uses AT&T 3G for his phone and Cox with a Linksys router for his computer.

Are these two Paypal accounts linked now? If yes, would PayPal become suspicious if I deleted my friend's current PayPal account and signed up for a new PayPal account using his same information and a different IP address?

Thank you for your help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2009

Longevity: 85%

Yes most likely - it would have been the cookies that did it.

Better to start again with all new info.... and get the Stealth Book or read some of the key starter threads on the forum.

I mean seeing as you didn't actually create a new ebay account and your old PP account wasn't suspended you could chance it but then it would be very annoying to lose the account to linking somewhere down the line.

CaptainJack
Old 12-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum genny!

I know it is a bit overwhelming when an account gets suspended. Try not to duplicate threads to keep all the answers together. What I suggest is that you touch NOTHING to do with ebay/paypal on your friend's computer or room-mate's computer until you fully grasp what is going on. Doing this will prevent accidents: no accidents means no suspension problems (hopefully)

I closed this thread http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ts-linked.html.