Ebay is messing with me for the last time! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Ebay is messing with me for the last time!

I have been selling on ebay since '04 with 100% pos FB, dsr's haven't been below 5.0 5.0 5.0 4.93 since they started that crap. I was a Gold Powerseller ($10,000+ per month) until last winter when my supplier quit giving me stuff so cheap. According to ebay, I haven't qualified for Top Rated Seller. I see my stats with green check marks which says I qualify. I also see my competitor's with lower dsr's, neutrals and neg feedback. A couple of them I have reported for stealing my ads/photo's. HOW are they TRS and I am not? Every month I'm calling/complaining to ebay. They keep telling me I will qualify NEXT month, so I only get a 5% discount instead of 20%. I'VE HAD IT! I'm going to put ALL of my inventory on ebay in the first 3 weeks of the month. In one week (the end of the month) everyone who is going to pay will have paid. I'll ship everything to my buyers. Then immediately transfer ALL monies out of PayPay to my bank account. As soon as it's there I'll pull out my money and close the bank account...sticking ebay with the fees. I AM SO SICK OF EBAY!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Be patient. If you've met the requirements, then you will be updated. We all know how stressful eBay can be. Keep at it and you'll get back to where you were in no time.
Old 09-03-2010
Threadstarter  

I already qualified for the 20% discount. They just won't give it to me for whatever reason. Every month they say 'you'll get it next invoice'. It never shows up. Every month I'm being charged 15% too much. 15% month after month adds up. They owe me money and I will get them in the end.
Old 09-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

You have a good account here. Why waste it?

Dealing with eBay and PayPal can be VERY frustrating. But the best revenge is to approach everyrthing as BUSINESS. Try your best to take the emotions out of the equation.

The question then becomes, which is MORE BENEFICIAL to me financially? Sticking eBay with the fees for one month, or continuing to sell and earn money on a monthly basis? One is short term, the other is long term. Plug in your numbers and do the math.

Aside from lack of working capital, the next biggest reason for business failure has to be when the owner gets EMOTIONAL about something. Then it is no longer a matter of dollars and cents, it is a vendetta. And vendettas are rarely profitable.

You are very upset right now. But take a few days and THINK THIS THROUGH. Don't do something in the heat of the moment that you may regret later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ebaypoor (09-03-2010), pod (09-05-2010)
Old 09-03-2010

Longevity: 82%

You're making 10 grand plus a month gross and complaining about not getting top rated seller status? I wish I had your problem...
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-03-2010)
Old 09-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You are complaining to ebay all the time about others and wonder why YOU are not getting looked after the way YOU think you should be?
Gimme me a break
Think about it, you are annoying ebay with what you are doing.
Re-think your approach and act in a different way.
In other words dont be a ......
Welcome to the forum
Old 09-04-2010

Longevity: 80%

Im sure you are just missing something that doesn't let you qualify for the TRS. Maybe low 1 and 2s in the DSR or something like that..

Or maybe ebay just doesnt like you. Ive had ppl copy my listing and I report them and they get taken down within 24 hours.
Old 09-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

They will always upgrade you account if you met the requirements when your account has it's next review. Like some members said above in the post, you've got a good account don't go ruining it by constantly emailing eBay.
Old 09-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You are complaining to ebay all the time about others and wonder why YOU are not getting looked after the way YOU think you should be?
Gimme me a break
Think about it, you are annoying ebay with what you are doing.
Re-think your approach and act in a different way.
In other words dont be a ......
Welcome to the forum
The ONLY reason I have CONTINUED to contact ebay is because they are not abiding by their OWN policy. When I see my dsr's AND the number of low 1's and 2's, AND the site itself saying I qualify, AND the customer service reps saying I qualify and still don't get the discount...of course I would keep asking why.

When I report a user for breaking ebay policy and almost 2 weeks later the user is STILL breaking the same rule and no listings have been removed or changed, just more listings violations added...I want to know why.

If ebay had taken action I would've only called ONCE. You think I'm a ____ for wanting everyone to play by the rules? I shouldn't 'annoy' ebay for fear of not being 'looked after'?

Has ebay become our pimp whom we should never question for fear of being mistreated?
Old 09-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

As frustrated as you are, and as annoying as it likely is, don't burn yourself down just to stick them with some fees. That does nothing but take money out of your pocket. Nothing more...

You're going to give up $120,000 in sales just to make a statement? Say that out loud and tell me it makes any sense. At all.

an extra 15% break in fees is great, for sure. But enough to walk away completly? Do the math. 15% off fees vs 100% of all income <<< No brainer.
Old 09-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaypoor View Post
When I report a user for breaking ebay policy and almost 2 weeks later the user is STILL breaking the same rule and no listings have been removed or changed, just more listings violations added...I want to know why.

If ebay had taken action I would've only called ONCE. You think I'm a ____ for wanting everyone to play by the rules? I shouldn't 'annoy' ebay for fear of not being 'looked after'?

Has ebay become our pimp whom we should never question for fear of being mistreated?
This has been happening for YEARS! It has heppened to me also, and I know that it sucks. But that is the eBay way. eBay is NOT fair and it is NOT consistent. But it is much like any other area of life.

Say that someone works a 9 to 5 job. They work very hard, and constantly go above and beyond. They take pride in their work. They see that others just do the bare minimum necessry to get by and not be fired. But they don't want to mimic them, figuring that when it comes time for a raise or a promotion, they are GOLD.

But then a higher-level spot opens up. And who gets the promotion? They guy who was working his a** off? No. It goes to the other guy, that does the bare minimum. But the boss likes his personality, or whatever.

That has also happened to me.

I have learned that I cannot control what other people do. Only what *I* do. I did end up quitting that crappy job. But I had another one lined up first. Why did I wait? Because it would not have been in my own best interests to immediately quit and have no source of income.

What everyone here is trying to tell you is that eBay is just eBay. We may all WANT them to change the way they deal with sellers. Nobody likes to feel like they have been singled out, we want to see eBay treat others the same rotten way that WE have been treated. But that is just never going to happen. Doing well by working their system is the best revenge. Because trying to make a statement, or trying to get eBay to change will just frustrate you further.

For whatever reason, YOU are currently on their radar, and the other sellers are not. You can email them hundreds of auction listing numbers, all with the same violations and NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

We have all tried other auction sites. We all hope and pray that Google (or another large player) will start a new place to have auctions. Why do we all use the Stealth techniques and continue to put up with eBay's bulls**t? BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE HAS THE TRAFFIC THAT EBAY DOES.

It really IS that simple.
Old 09-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

NOBODY ELSE HAS THE TRAFFIC THAT EBAY DOES.

It really IS that simple.
It really is that simple. I can not imagine anyone would put up with them if there was a plan B or even a plan C. They literally walk alone. And that's that. If there was any competition it would be cheaper and easier to play with them.

You could setup your own website and list on every other auction site in the universe and your sales and traffic wont touch eBay. Not even close.

We have to suck it up, or do something else. They know that full well
Old 09-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
It really is that simple. I can not imagine anyone would put up with them if there was a plan B or even a plan C. They literally walk alone. And that's that. If there was any competition it would be cheaper and easier to play with them.

You could setup your own website and list on every other auction site in the universe and your sales and traffic wont touch eBay. Not even close.

We have to suck it up, or do something else. They know that full well
And think of it this way. Don't you think it pisses eBay off to no end that Stealth techniques exist and work? Do you REALLY think that eBay is unaware of this?

So, working the system is a decent form of revenge also.
Old 09-05-2010

Longevity: 85%

Stealth says:

1. Quit whining
2. Quit complaining
3. Quit ratting on others
4. Quit being greedy *******
5. Thank God for your fortunes
6. Realize that eBay has abused many here
7. Do what you've got to do if you want your fees back
8. Keep in mind that by closing your gold mine you could f..k up yourself
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stealth For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-10-2010), slapped (09-09-2010), smithgroup (09-12-2010)
Old 09-09-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

eBay is not fair and is not stable. to make my income, I can not only selling in eBay because i had problems with them few times in the past, so I am always afraid of it. Right now, I am also selling my items in Amazon (can I say the name?) at least if something happen to my eBay, I will still have THAT income.
Old 09-09-2010
MU

ebaypoor man i wish i had your job. i have so many bills and since i currently have a disability its very hard for me to find an outside job. in this world everything is not fair because some are happy and some are not. i wish i could make at least 10grand a month man. bless you man.
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
luna (09-14-2010)
Old 09-09-2010

Calm down, ebaypoor man.
As everybody already said, eBay's customer base is your gold mine. You can get rid of it only if your profit is less than their fee. If you have pure profit, you have to ignore the frustration, even you have a backup plan, such as Amazon store.
I would be more than happy to have no discount on eBay fee at all, with your sales volume. Think about us, the poor ebay seller, willing to pay more to get to your status, and you won't call yourself ebaypoor anymore, but ebayrich!
Old 09-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Calm Yourself,,,,Do you Have ANY Idea How many Users Here would KILL to be in you Situation,,,,Yet you Complain,,,,

Last edited by slapped; 09-09-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Just take it out on ebay on a stealth account but keep the good one.
Old 09-11-2010

Longevity: 82%

I have a great idea. I will pay you $500 for your account! So then you can quit eBay and still make some money. Everyones happy! Let me know
The Following User Says Thank You to liimey For This Useful Post:
smithgroup (09-12-2010)
Old 09-12-2010
MU

Lol, 500 cmon ill double that! Im serious too!
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
smithgroup (09-12-2010)
Old 09-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Just take it out on ebay on a stealth account but keep the good one.
That's the best idea I've seen so far!

I guess everyone missed in my first post that I WAS a gold powerseller. I haven't been gold for a year now. nowhere near it. My supplier has stopped offering the ridiculous pricing for the items I'm selling. Having to pay $20-$25 for stuff I was getting for $5-$15 has really hurt my profit margin.

I need to find something else to sell.
Closed Thread