The new 2011 Buyers who pester us thread - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default The new 2011 Buyers who pester us thread

So I get this email from buyer...

Quote:
Where the hell is my package?!?!!? It's been 2 days!!! You said it ships next day!!! It do not take 2 days to ship from Toronto to Ohio! Where is package!?!??!?
I fixed the spelling errors in the quote. This pissed me off, I was 2 seconds from refunding him and then cussing him out. but instead I logged off and took a nice cold shower.

Last edited by Bang; 01-22-2011 at 11:13 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2011

Longevity: 91%

48 hours and still no package! What the hell man. You should refund him just for making him wait so damn long.
Old 01-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

"It do not take 2 days to ship from Toronto to Ohio!"

Not only is he a complete idiot, but he is so convinced it takes one day to get an item he's pissed off. Wow

How many feedbacks does he have? No way this is the very first thing he ever had mailed to him

And biting your tongue with this kind of crack pipe is always a good idea. You chose the right path.
Old 01-22-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Even though you may not agree with what he's saying, or it ticks you off, it's best to make the buyer feel as welcome, and comfortable as possible, so that you can make more money off of him in the future.

You know the business saying "The Customer Is Always Right"

It'll make you rich in the future, and you can sit on your throne like the Sultan from Aladdin, with all of the gold,rubies, sapphires,etc
Old 01-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
"The Customer Is Always Right"
I have never bought into that. And on ebay it carries less weight. I would not send the buyer a nasty note, but I would not tell him he's right for saying 2 days is slow
Old 01-22-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

You know the business saying "The Customer Is Always Right"

Excuse me? No, the buyer is not always right .

5 minutes ago I made 1 apologize to me after calling me names and he is giving me extra $ for his behavior.

THere's plenty of low IQ shrimp in this world who doesn't understand English and to top it off, they have no common sense.

If you are trying to say "I'm shipping the item the next day after payment is made", then tell him so.

If it's an OVERNIGHT shipment method, then you need to take it up with the post office if they really messed up and get a refund. Then use that refund to refund the s/h cost to the buyer.

Explain it to him in a moron language.
Old 01-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

OK.... Some customers are difficult to deal with, and the customer may not always be right, but going off on them solves nothing. ALWAYS HANDLE YOURSELF PROFESSIONALLY! Never sink to their level. I know that it is hard sometimes. There are customers I would have liked to beat the crap out of. That is normal.

Remember the goal. You are using eBay and Amazon to make money, not to make friends and not to feel good all the time about everything. Dealing with unreasonable customers is just a part of the package.

Dear customer,

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the amount of time it is taking your package to arrive. As promised, this was mailed to you the day after your payment was received. Your tracking number is xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx. The US postal service estimates that it takes 3-5 business days for a package to make it from Toronto to Ohio, so this is currently on schedule and should arrive any day now. Please understand that for us to offer overnight shipping on this item would be prohibitively expensive and that most customers would rather wait a few days for their package to arrive in order to get a good deal on the price of their items. That is why we ship First Class mail only. If there are any further problems or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Professional Seller
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
bronwyn (01-22-2011), Javelin (01-23-2011), lostsub (01-22-2011), Rocketman007 (01-23-2011), turbo (01-22-2011)
Old 01-22-2011

Longevity: 79%

I agree with the post above.
Regardless of how aggressive the buyer is...and many are downright belligerant

I always start my reply with the word SORRY
Old 01-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

Never sink to their level.
For sure. Nothing worse then a nut job who gets angrier. Only gets worse. I try and reason in the email politely, while I call them names out loud to myself.

I have been caught more then once sending the wrong reply in haste. Never ends well

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsub View Post

I always start my reply with the word SORRY
It helps for sure. I wont cave in an out right say they are right, thats dangerous. But you start off with sorry, it does lighten the load
Old 01-22-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

What I am trying to say is don't stoop down to the "angry customers" level, because if you do the outcome might not be so good. If you stay calm, keep good respectable communication, the once angry customer might turn into your best one, maybe avoid disputes, avoid negs, the list goes on..............
Old 01-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks Jeff. I'm going to save that message in notepad lol
Old 01-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Thread title renamed. Slap-able buyers is so unprofessional. May have an element of truth but the bottom line is a SELLER must deal with them in a professional way.

Make sure any listing explains the shipping time.

Never ASSUME a buyer will understand. Ya'll know that assume makes an ass out of U & me
Old 01-22-2011

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned

A few people have ripped me off before, Buyers.

They lie and steal. I was so upset one day, i made plans to drive 14hours out of town to get things straight. My GF talked me out of it.

I wonder if any of you ever thought about doing the above and or have done it?

Last edited by WasTopRatedThenBanned; 01-23-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^^^^^
I have thought about it many times.
My wife once told a buyer a few years to go Fu** herself after she call me on my throwaway phone at 2AM.
It was VERY funny.
I received a negative.

That was MANY eBay accounts ago.... LOL
Old 01-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
Where the hell is my package?!?!!? It's been 2 days!!!
So what happened with this clown? Did you explain "I ship next day" doesn't mean he gets it next day?
Old 01-23-2011
Threadstarter  

He understood. I explained the item has to clear customs and everything. Got hit with a natural.. All is good though.
Old 01-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

He gave you neutral because he didn't get it in one day? From one country to another?

Again, how much feedback does he have? Is this his first purchase on the internet? Ever?
Old 01-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

Expecting an International shipment to make it in a day? I do not expect a package from Brooklyn to make Manhattan in a day, even though it many times does.

That man is a cheap-ass who needs to just go to WalMart.....but then he would gripe about the gas money.
Old 01-25-2011

Longevity: 79%

I recently got a 3 star rating with a message saying "Super seller! Very fast!" and I'm still not sure why he left me 3 stars. I shipped the item same day he won it and arrived next day, even before he paid, because it wasn't a very expensive item and I get this. DSR went down from 5 to 4.9, but is back up to 5 now though. Still don't understand what he was thinking, but probably the way Ebay puts it he selected "not bad at all" not understanding that on Ebay that means "OMG this seller can go **** himself, let's send a couple MC010's just to see if he really wants to sell."
Old 01-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshA View Post

got a 3 star rating

shipped the item same day

aarrived next day

before he paid, "
Just more proof eBay goes out of their way to make sure the buyers don't understand the rating system and that its harmful. The only way you could have done better was to get up from the computer, immediately, and drive it straight to his house. And you got 3 stars....

Sad
Old 01-26-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTopRatedThenBanned View Post
A few people have ripped me off before, Buyers.

They lie and steal. I was so upset one day, i made plans to drive 14hours out of town to get things straight. My GF talked me out of it.

I wonder if any of you ever thought about doing the above and or have done it?
Yes I was ready to drive to San Francisco, about an hour and a half away to file in small Claims but my husband wouldn't let me. So instead I talked nicely but indicated if there were any problems with my Amazon account he'd be in Small Claims Court. He wouldn't return my calls to my Attorney friend either, who said under this circumstance filing would be in my County and he was almost positive I would win. He wanted to prepare it, he's been a Judge in Small Claims court so I trust him

I suppose the buyer got the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang View Post
So I get this email from buyer...

I fixed the spelling errors in the quote. This pissed me off, I was 2 seconds from refunding him and then cussing him out. but instead I logged off and took a nice cold shower.
Just curious...was that on ebay or amazon?

Last edited by SaiJin; 01-26-2011 at 02:14 AM.