Can't log on Ebay account after submitting VERO item in another computer IP address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Can't log on Ebay account after submitting VERO item in another computer IP address

This is LONG But This is an interesting and pretty unique Ebay experience to read.

Hi. My friend in the U.S. has 3 accounts registered in the Ebay U.S.
I'm in the Philippines, we agreed I create the Louis Vuitton bag listings as I know better to create effective listings, so he let me log on in his accounts. We trust each other.
One is about 3 year old account, other one is 2 years old both he wasn't
logging on/using for a long time, the other one is newly registered it's less than a week.
We planned to list 2 LV bags in each account- with 4 days gap listing in
different accounts.

The 2 yr. old account had zero fb, but we're able to list 2 LV
bags last December 14 & 15 '10 with a professionally done listing style. One auction started at $1,500 with Reserve price
of $3,000 (sold for $1,600), the other auction started at $1,450 with Reserve price $1,600 (sold for $1,500).
The other listing submitted the next day after the
first one. Both ran for 7 days. We recieved 2 great positive fb on both auctions.

The first listing I created and saved in his account he was the one who submitted it.
But he's very busy with 2 jobs so he hardly have time for selling in
Ebay. The second listing i just decided i submit it myself and I did even knowing Ebay may notice another country IP address listed in the U.S. account. We're aware Ebay can see IP addresses but we took risk thinking/hoping maybe Ebay may not notice account activity like this with multi millions member accounts out there to monitor.I just told him we should not be logged on at the same time.

There was no any problem. So far i thought we're lucky
Ebay not noticing the account activity. He withdrew the Paypal money to his bank account just last Jan 15. There's no problem in this
account, we both can still log on. Not so sure if can list LV again
as there's a problem that occured when we tried to list in his other account....

This is when the problem started to appear.
This Jan. 21 he linked his Paypal that's linked in his 2 yr old account
to this 3 yr old account too then right after he submitted an LV listing in this
account that i saved in Draft. This account has 2 positive fb score
(1 seller fb, 1 buyer fb).
It got successfully submitted as he told me he got this "Congratulation you
submitted a lsiting" notice. So we're waiting for the auction to
appear in search results. It wasn't appearing for 8 hours it shouldn't
take that long.. as he was asleep (night time in the U.S.)
even i was worried i decided to log on the account to check but i started to get notice saying "invalid ID or password"... after about an hour
i told him to log in as i couldnt log on and he check if the listing is posted in
Selling section of his Ebay. Then he couldn't log on too but it says
"invalid PIN".

So i did a research on the problem- "Can't log on to my Ebay account".
I found suggestions in discussion forums and Ebay as well saying about Cookies (does not apply), make sure caps lock turned off/correct password (does not apply), maybe someone stolen the account and
chnaged the pwrod (does not apply as the password is so twisted and the lsiting not posted, if someone hacked it he/she would not delete the listing so when the item sold he/she gets the profit, so this issue not able to log in and listing not posted must have come from Ebay..). About got suspended, it
can't be, as i searched, when account get ssupended Ebay always send message to your Ebay Inbox and email notifying you but won't make you NOT be able to log on your account.. you can still log on just be limited in doing some activities, like Selling. I located his account profile, and the account is not deactivated, it's still active, just the listing not up and we couldn't log on

So I told him the likely cause for this issue is Ebay detected in theri system another IP address listed in the account so as a security measure they "locked" the account and probably sent you msg in your email notifying you of
suspicious activity and maybe gave you a "PIN code" to access your
account again and maybe will ask you other verification of identity as well.

I found this in Ebay site:
Periodically check your My eBay account and preferences to ensure that no one has taken over or tampered with your account. eBay takes lots of steps designed to help ensure the security of your account including steps to confirm your identity. Know how eBay helps protect your account through identity confirmation Keeping your personal information secure and confidential is one of our most important responsibilities. We continuously use various technologies and techniques to keep anyone from getting your information without your permission. As part of this program, eBay will attempt to recognise trusted members automatically by verifying the computers they use. If an attempt is made to sell an item with your account from an unrecognised computer, we will require additi
additional confirmation to protect your account from unauthorised access.
If an account owner is using a new computer for example at the office or at a friend’s house that owner will have to confirm his or her identity before they can sell on the site.

But here's another problem. Before we're able to list in this
3 yr. old account it took him several attempts to log on as he
coulnd't recall his exact ID and password, but finally he
recalled. When this problem accurred i told him to
check his email for msg from Ebay so we know what happend why
we cant log on his account and the lsiting didnt get posted.
The problem is, he found out the Yahoo email he registered for
this ebay account got deactivated for not logging on
for a long time. So there's no way we can check
the msg from Ebay as he cant log on on his ebay account
as well as in his registered email for that account.

We don't want to contact Ebay as we're trying to stay
under radar altho i think we already got noticed yes.

I think what i want to know is, with those details i've given here,
what do you think the possible reason why we couldnt log on in his
ebay account anymore.

ALSO, i want to know, If we won't be able to know what happened, is it advisable we list in his other account- the 2 yr old account that receievd
2 postiive fb on LV listings with Authentic testimonials. We want to list in Feb in that account i wont log on in his account again, he'll just copy/paste the draft listing i created and sent him in email in the listing form and he's the one to submit. I want to make the listing format Buy it Now (around $2,600) with Best offer option) to run for 3 weeks or the whole Feb. as can't relist there's 2 listing monthly limit
for VERO....

...Probably when submitted Ebay will then send msg to his reigstered email for this account regarding different computer IP address in their record and
ask to do veirfication process...he can access that email and he can
do the verification process anyway..

....maybe if Ebay would inquire why an IP address from another country had logged on his account before, he can tell them it's his "trusted relative" that's currently in the Philippines helping him with listing? is that safe to tell them?? if not, what would be the issue with that?

...Also, perhaps he can tell the porblem with his other account that he cant log on and his registerd email got deactivated for not loggin gon for a long time and ask how he can gain access again in that Ebay account??
(i read somewhere in Ebay you can contact them if your email is no
longer valid) .so we can use it again
as it's aged account already...

..Then maybe if we cant really access that other account again
maybe we just use his new account to list 2 LVs both for 7 day-auction, so
2 LV bags in each account in 1 month?

Thanks for reading. I hope to get feedback and hopefully solution it took me long to write this.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. A lot of your questions are explained across the forum with regards to linking - or in the eb ay stealth guide. My recommendations are not to re-use old listings from different accounts - go fresh, and while at it, make new fresh accounts to operate with.

Lo uis Vuit ton bags are pretty high risk items so you would need to go very slow. Authentic?
Old 01-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums. A lot of your questions are explained across the forum with regards to linking - or in the eb ay stealth guide. My recommendations are not to re-use old listings from different accounts - go fresh, and while at it, make new fresh accounts to operate with.

Lo uis Vuit ton bags are pretty high risk items so you would need to go very slow. Authentic?
Thank you.
Old 01-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

LOL