Shady Ebay buyers HELP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-30-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Shady Ebay buyers HELP

I've recently sold some things on Ebay and I already have buyers telling me that I should leave them feedback first and that the reason that they have

not left me feedback is because they have not tried out my product yet. And another one saying that he is "out of town"

I'm honestly afraid they are going to wait till after I leave them feedback and then try to get a refund by saying item is not as described and keep the item as a way to scam me. (happened a few times before)

My question is since I listed RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED am I off the hook or is Ebay and Paypal going to side with a shady buyer and make me refund them?
(If the buyers try a scam)

*If it helps to know I always have items marked as fragile and send with tracking number

*I sell DVD's and my supplier's products are always top notch.

Any Advice would help I won't spazz out this time guys

Sorry for the long post THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

OH I also had the buyer who was "out of town" argue with me back and forth before his purchase

telling me I should sell item at a higher price and he told me that he knows that I am indeed a "con artist" but still decided to buy from me after his rant was over
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2011

From what I have learned, in any business the customer is always right. For every huge gain, there is going to be a minimal loss.

I feel like some buyers are intentionally out to get some members, whether it be to minimalize competition or they're owners of the copyrights, etc.

Honestly, I would just avoid leaving feedback altogether until they leave feedback. If the item "doesn't work", then you will hear about it.

A DVD shouldn't be too hard to test; could just be buyers being assholes.
The Following User Says Thank You to swim83 For This Useful Post:
LadyLover (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLover View Post
I've recently sold some things on Ebay and I already have buyers telling me that I should leave them feedback first and that the reason that they have

not left me feedback is because they have not tried out my product yet. And another one saying that he is "out of town"

I'm honestly afraid they are going to wait till after I leave them feedback and then try to get a refund by saying item is not as described and keep the item as a way to scam me. (happened a few times before)

My question is since I listed RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED am I off the hook or is Ebay and Paypal going to side with a shady buyer and make me refund them?

*If it helps to know I always have items marked as fragile and send with tracking number

OH I also had the buyer who was "out of town" argue with me back and forth before his purchase

telling me I should sell item at a higher price and he told me that he knows that I am indeed a "con artist" but still decided to buy from me after his rant was over
Sorry to hear that. They will force you to refund the con artists

Any buyer who tells you "you ought to leave feedback first" is pulling something, pure and simple. If you want to pm me, I can send you a copy of my Return Policy. I've had it up, not had any problems and business has been going better than ever. These types usually "out themselves"so of course, they are the only ones who receive my refund policy due to their cocky words ( under the guise of "added buyer protection" procedures, I pretend to console them) Meaning they learn there are legal consequences in may different ways but that doesn't mean they still can't figure out a way to get away with being a thief. But they aren't sure still, that there won't be legal consequences with the way I worded my return policy.

Not had any problems since I've implemented this but most of my scammers were proud of their sin and rubbed it in my face, thus giving me an excuse to forward my buyer protection procedures to them with my refund policy procedures. Needless to say, not had any problems with the two buyers so far who appeared as scammers... knock on wood.

I got a claim on both of my accounts within just a few months so that kinda broke the camels back. MY first and only claim on each account, still don't have bad feedback but expect it on one of my accounts. Something had to give....hence the new procedures and returns policy

Last edited by Melissa1971; 03-30-2011 at 08:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
LadyLover (03-30-2011)
Old 04-01-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLover View Post

Honestly whether or not you leave feedback first probably will have no bearing on this situation. Actually I would probably just give them feedback in this form...."Great Buyer. Glad That You're Pleased with Your Purchase". If nothing else it might give them some pause. What do you have to lose?

BTW..If a buyer had contacted me before purchase in an unreasonable and argumentative mood, I'd have BLOCKED his I.D....and not sold anything to them. And yes I absolutely have done this.
The Following User Says Thank You to lostsub For This Useful Post:
LadyLover (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Yea I had one person ask me where did I get the item and what was the ISBN code on the back and the other person who actually bought from me was telling me that I should sell the item for $40 more that what I had it listed as and was arguing with me about the product's authenticity (it's genuine no regional coded dvd) and telling me that $10.50 was too much for shipping when that's how much it would cost to send after priority, insurance, and tracking confirmation.
Old 04-01-2011

That's very unfortunate that you are dealing with assholes. In this online business, there are gonna be people that are either trying to screw the seller over or get a free product.

I already had a guy file an "A-to-z claim" on Amazon claiming that my product was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. He then removed the claim and sent me an email saying that he was going to resell it for double my price since I wouldn't refund him unless he return shipped the product to me.

So now I have a lovely claim on my record, which is not good while my account is now under review.

I think you'll be fine though. You seem to have a good supplier of DVDs that is taking care of you and you are taking the necessary precautions to make a good transaction.
The Following User Says Thank You to swim83 For This Useful Post:
LadyLover (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys for all the great responses but one more question how do I block buyers I.D.'s?
Old 04-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Hi ladylover,

Just type in the help section on ebay block bidder and it will be easy to find from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imakemoney For This Useful Post:
LadyLover (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011

Longevity: 75%

You really have to search the help for blocking bidders. I just found out today that the dispute opened against me as a seller was decided if favor of the buyer. They have to send my the item with tracking and when it shows delivered the full amount (bid + ship) will be refunded to them from the amount they are holding. In one message I was "threatened" with 'I haven't left feedback yet'. I blocked them right after the case was started.

If it's OK with you Melissa I'd like to PM you for your policy. Although they let you list with 'no returns accepted' PayScrew doesn't recognize that and if the customer uses them for paying then you HAVE to accept returns and refund plus shipping. It was always my policy to accept returns in the case of me not describing my items well but I didn't think it was right to have to refund shipping or pay to get it back. It's like them getting a free inspection and being able to judge my descriptions. The same buyer has two other items of the same type bought from me (bought from 2 other sellers) which they had problems with including one that was sold 'as is' and 'not working' and they wanted to keep the item and get a refund. Because this buyer buys a ton of these items I'm wondering if I'll get the same one back or be stuck with one that doesn't work. I said mine worked and it did when I packed it.

I'm just at the stage where when this claim is finished I may be finished with everything as that account is circling the drain as it is.
Old 04-02-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Site map > middle row / Sellers option > Block Bidders

and put in the bidders' names there then save.
Old 04-02-2011

Longevity: 77%

scammers scammers everywhere.. I'm dealing with a customer who had my dress for one month.. wanted to return it.. told her it was unfair and even allowed her to return it.. she opened a case right away wihch i found strange... got the dress and it stinks... wore the dress and removed all tags... i sent item back.. case is being reviewed by ebay... pig and professional scammer big time