Best EBay STORY EVER MUST READ !!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-27-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Best EBay STORY EVER MUST READ !!!

Okay so i was listing an item on ebay, as soon as i put it up i called ebay and made sure i was allowed to list it. I spoke to a rep got her name spoke to a supervisor got her name as well they both said it was good to go.. SMART THING I DID WAS I KNEW IT WAS NOT GOOD TO GO !!... so i made sure that she put a note on my account of what we discussed. She did ... 2 days later my item gets removed already sold 3 of them ... i call ebay tell them i was allowed to do this i was told, he looks at my note he was like wow your right im really sorry. so he goes ill get this removed for you.. i wait a few hours i get a call from a worried buyer shes like i want my money back its not safe im like i already sent you the item i cant do nothing now.. shes like im going to file a case im like okay.. so i called ebay back i get this horrible rep hes like its your fault you should have read the ebay user agreement, this policy violantion remains. i knew in my head i just got a dick of a rep. so i called 1 minute after got this sweet girl who went and removed the violation.. now as for my paypal violation that the buyer put, she goes and puts in the note that im a scammer i told the ebay rep hey connect me with paypal and tell them my story, this sweet ebay rep tells my story the paypal lady goes okay we will take care of this in 1 minute they removed the dispute !!!!

Man i should have videotaped this..

But one thing to note guys EBAY CAN BE D**Ks... this one guy was going to leave my violation, even though it was ebays fault.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2011

wow, that is a classic, but good info about trying different reps, be persistent i guess
Old 04-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I'm glad this worked out for you.

To me, it sounds like the nicer reps were willing to reverse the violation since you had cleared it tthrough another rep first.

HOWEVER - I guarantee that if you continue to violate the rules, they will not be so nice. Right now, it is viewed as a misunderstanding. But if you continue down this path, they will say you should have known better. It will not matter that the first rep you spoke to said it was OK. That is only good until they inform you otherwise.
Old 05-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Just shows the potential power of telephoning ebay and paypal :D

True in this instance it would only work once.
Old 05-03-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Well done and great to know.

It all goes right back to what Jeff states, depends on the rep you get.

Some are willing to help and others are ready to strangle you.
Old 05-06-2011

Longevity: 89%

Great but sad Story of how incompetence rules at ebay. Isn't it scary doing business with such dysfunction?

Their mantra from the top down is fairness across the board for all, a level playing field, but they can't even produce one ounce of it themselves.
They are only as good as their weakest link of incompetent support reps who disgrace their name by giving an honest seller the runaround.
Ebay is grossly mismanaged by a bunch of bean counting greedy elitists who have no regard for someone trying to make a living, who is paying their bills and making them rich by the way.
There is no accountability for their misgivings toward sellers and they do this with impunity.

Those taskmastering hypocrites should straighten out their own house before putting one ounce of undue burden and hardship on sellers in demanding unattainable seller requirements. Perhaps we should be able to rate those bombastic neophytes as human beings, and what grade would we give them?
Old 05-06-2011

Longevity: 92%

Let me paraphrase the above for anyone with less than a masters degree in English Lit:

"EBAY F@CKED ME OVER AND NOW I'M F@CKIN FUMING. DIRTY LITTLE B**TARDS AND THEIR B*LLSH*T WAYS!!! COME TH REVOLUTION...I'LL P@SS ON THEIR ROTTING CORPES..." and breeeeeeeathe.

No, seriously, ahem, I think bombastic neophytes actually made me pee a little!!! You're my hero
Old 05-06-2011

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Perhaps we should be able to rate those bombastic neophytes as human beings, and what grade would we give them?
And...I would give them a B minus for a grade. I would fail them completely...but if they get kicked out of (internet) school then I can't pay the rent...so they're not soooooo bad
Old 05-08-2011

Longevity: 89%

Their purported philosophy is that people are basically good, yet these hypocrites have disparaged and defamed many good people's reputations and businesses on their site. Make no mistake about it money is their God and they put that before human beings trying to make an honest living. Don't let these dishonest hypocrites fool any of you here--they are the guilty party not you:

1. They constantly increase their fees making sellers work harder for less, increasing their profits and greedy shareholder dividend.
2. They remove the sellers right to leave negative feedback, allowing buyers to defraud.
3. They constantly change seller requirements demanding conformance and ruin sellers reputations and characters unduly and wrongly judging them with fraud limiting their account without recourse.
4. They shut down many sellers who lose their jobs and living on ebay.
5. You can no longer fly under the power seller radar but they automatically make you one forcing you to comply.
6. They constantly change their policies exacting unfair compliance and regulating the open, free market system between buyer and seller to be closed.
7. Everything they try to do will never remove fraud on their site and its stigma in the minds of buyers.