2011 Ebay Seller Updates the RETURN of the 21 Day Hold!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-03-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default 2011 Ebay Seller Updates the RETURN of the 21 Day Hold!!!

Just received this email tonight:

Dear **********:

Several weeks ago, we wrote to tell you about coming updates that may affect your selling. This is a reminder to take action now to make sure you're ready.

Update to the way sellers below eBay's minimum performance standards are paid through PayPal

Starting May 31, sellers who fall below eBay's minimum performance standards may have their buyer payments show as pending in their PayPal account for a period of time to help ensure successful fulfillment.

Your account was below the minimum standard as of this writing. If you're subject to this update, you'll be notified when you list and you'll receive an email notification from PayPal when your funds are pending. You'll also find information in My eBay showing the estimated date funds will be available and steps you can take to help get your funds faster.

What you need to do:

* Stay on top of your status in your Seller Dashboard.
* Follow best practices to get above standard.
* Always upload tracking information to eBay and ship the same day the buyer pays to have your funds available faster. Note if you print shipping labels on eBay or PayPal, tracking information is uploaded automatically and funds will be available for shipping.

Category and item specifics changes

Note that the final group of category and item specifics changes is going live this week. Find out if your categories are affected.

Get details on the 2011 Spring Seller Update. Use the Seller Checklist to stay on top of important dates. For more insight, visit the archived webinar held several weeks ago on these updates.

As always, we appreciate your selling on eBay.

Your eBay seller team

Now, I went to look at my Seller Performance, this is the first time I have ever done this. I am not a big seller, I have 79 feedback but had 2 negatives over the past 2 months for "long shipping time" I went out of town and they got it 2 days later. Unreasonable buyers.

Here is my stupid performance thing:

Detailed seller ratings and seller performance
See how you can qualify for Above standard status
Criteria Requirements (Above standard) Your performance
Do not exceed the maximum limits of both percent and count
Max percent(%) Max count Your percent(%) Your count
Item as described 1.00% 3 1.98% 2
Communication 2.00% 3 3.96% 4
Shipping time 2.00% 3 5.94% 6
Shipping and handling charges 2.00% 3 3.96% 4

This is getting RIDICULOUS. The ebay account is a veteran old account, yet because I had 2 negatives they are going to hold ALL my payments now. What a crock of ****! Not to mention it clearly says now that ALL Ebay accounts with have ALL payments held within 90 days, and 25 Feedback.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2011

Longevity: 75%

I have recieved an email too regarding the 2011 seller updates but not very long like yours
its just 3 lines short email

" Category and item specifics changes

As always, we appreciate your selling on eBay.

Your eBay seller team "
Old 05-03-2011

Hi

Thanks for the info.

Seems to be yet another method of gaining interest or keeping or your hard earned money.
Old 05-03-2011

I received the same email this evening, including the "Your account was below the minimum standard as of this writing" garbage.

My Seller Dashboard actually says I'm "above standard", and I've been above standard as long as I've been looking at it.

I was a mostly inactive buyer for years and started selling last July. In 10 months, I've had 103 transaction, 43 reviews (all positive) and no complaints.

eBay really know how to win customers' loyalty. The recent fee grab was bad enough. Because of that I had already decided to reduce listings by 1/3 so the net affect would be a wash for most of the year except before Christmas when sales jump.

With the receipt of this email, I'm going to reduce listings another 25% (only 100% free listings for me from now on) and redouble my effort to get merchandise up on eCrater.

Bah!
Old 05-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

You have really poor dsr ratings, so this is what happens.
Old 05-04-2011

Longevity: 89%

Feedback isn't the guage of a sellers performance anymore, DSR's are, and unlike feedback, DSR's cannot be removed, only under certain instances.

Shipping for free is an automatic 5 DSR.

Selecting the 1-day handling time in your listing and getting your product out before COB the next day will automatically give you a 5 for Shipping Time.

Get the automatic 5's at all times, it makes no sense to 'roll the dice' here.

The only thing you then need to really worry about is communications and item as described.
But please note that most buyers will usually give you low scores on both if the item is not fully as described.
So make sure any defects with your item are shown in pics and also communicated in the ad.
Then include a note with your item saying that if our product met your expectations as described and communicated in the ad then please leave positive feedback and a DSR rating of 5 for item as described and communication.
The Following User Says Thank You to kudo623 For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (05-04-2011)
Old 05-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudo623 View Post
Feedback isn't the guage of a sellers performance anymore, DSR's are, and unlike feedback, DSR's cannot be removed, only under certain instances.

Selecting the 1-day handling time in your listing and getting your product out before COB the next day will automatically give you a 5 for Shipping Time.

The only thing you then need to really worry about is communications and item as described.
But please note that most buyers will usually give you low scores on both if the item is not fully as described.
So make sure any defects with your item are shown in pics and also communicated in the ad.
Then include a note with your item saying that if our product met your expectations as described and communicated in the ad then please leave positive feedback and a DSR rating of 5 for item as described and communication.
What is COB? I can't figure it out. :(
Old 05-04-2011

COB=close of business?

There are times you just can't offer 1 day turn-around. But if you're going to exceed your timeframe in the dispatch, let the buyer know and be humble. Most of the time you'll earn points for communication and negate the effect of the late shipment. Offerring a full refund when you tell the buyer about the delay will reassure the her. Of the times I had to lie about shipping, no one has taken me up on the refund.

All my listings have standard ground as the shipping method even though I use priority mail for everything. So when I'm late in getting the package out, I tell them I'll upgrade them to priority for free so they'll get the package in the same timeframe as ground.

Keep the buyer in the loop, so the word "scam" never crosses her mind. I keep a text file of my most used lies, so I can just cut and paste into the email.
Old 05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillselling View Post
COB=close of business?
I keep a text file of my most used lies, so I can just cut and paste into the email.
Why do I find that funny? (More importantly - why aren't I doing it?)
Old 05-04-2011

Actually Close of Business--on the next business day, and so if you sell items on Fri you have until Monday to ship. Buyers always want a warm and fuzzy feeling when they read the ad--like 100% guarantee Satisfaction or a full refund plus return shipping!
I agree you have to be humble and do everything you can for the buyer.
Old 05-04-2011

I also received this email which said:
Your account was below the minimum standard as of this writing.
But my Seller Dashboard says:
Your performance standards on the last evaluation are Above standard
and all my DSRs are above standard, can anybody explain why email says that my account is below standards?
Old 05-04-2011

^^ If all your DSR's are fine then just contact eBay over live chat.
Old 05-04-2011

Actually this is an area where ebay does help Sellers. I had a below standard rating and was limited to listing x items per month. I called ebay support and told them I didn't agree with this assessment of my performance and I sold the fact that I was a good seller and closed all my cases to the buyers satisfaction. They increased my selling limit to more than double.
The Following User Says Thank You to kudo623 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (05-04-2011)
Old 05-05-2011

Thanks for the answers, but I don't want them looking into my account that's the problem
Old 05-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@SM_Art - ha you don't want them looking...why? If that's a problem, it's bad. Be prepared is all I can say. I have had eb ay look at my accounts and you have to learn HOW to work with eb ay in order to succeed.

I hope you aren't scamming buyers =)
Old 05-06-2011
WelshMan83

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudo623 View Post

Just to make sure you covered it all and me not ask a repeat question...

Automatic 5 star for free shipping
Automatic 5 star for same day shipment

Any other automatic 5 stars?
Old 05-06-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshMan83 View Post
Just to make sure you covered it all and me not ask a repeat question...

Automatic 5 star for free shipping
Automatic 5 star for same day shipment

Any other automatic 5 stars?
i have a question yon that too.. is this us account only?
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@SM_Art - ha you don't want them looking...why? If that's a problem, it's bad. Be prepared is all I can say. I have had eb ay look at my accounts and you have to learn HOW to work with eb ay in order to succeed.

I hope you aren't scamming buyers =)
I'm not scamming anybody, actually all my buyers are very happy(I'm even getting thanks emails from them), I have $700 more to sell to become top rated seller.
I found a loophole in ebay terms and I'm using it, but all listing are within terms written by ebay, but they still might not like it.
Old 05-06-2011

^^ Go on...what is this 'loophole'?

Or can't you tell us
Old 05-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@ShadyOne, if he decides to PM you or you pm him - that's fine. I would not suggest Sm_Art to post his savvy info on an OPEN subforum like this where everyone can see =)
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@ShadyOne, if he decides to PM you or you pm him - that's fine. I would not suggest Sm_Art to post his savvy info on an OPEN subforum like this where everyone can see =)
And also my dear young ShadyOne - keep me in the loop on that. .
Old 05-06-2011

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
I'm not scamming anybody, actually all my buyers are very happy(I'm even getting thanks emails from them), I have $700 more to sell to become top rated seller.
I found a loophole in ebay terms and I'm using it, but all listing are within terms written by ebay, but they still might not like it.
Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm...

EBay's ENTIRE terms and conditions are a 'loophole'. There are more black-holes in eBay T&C's than the whole boxset of Star Trek.

EBay could (and have) suspended people for having 'similar' names to fraudsters. They can and will do anything and as far as I can see they answer to absolutely no one. So you're 'loophole' is all well and good...for now! But rest assured that if they don't like it they will drop kick you in an instant.

I can just imagine a Live Chat after you have been suspended.

You: Why have you suspended me?
Ebay Staff: You were suspended due to policy violations. This falls under the category 'Abusing eBay'
You: I haven't abused eBay. I found a loophole in your terms and conditions. I have done everything by the book...
You: Anyone there?
You: I've done nothing wrong. I found a loophole!
You: Anyone?
Ebay live help disconnected. I hope you were satisfied with our service.

Know your enemy.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattytman For This Useful Post:
gugughandi (05-07-2011)