Confusion = ebay Open Case !!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Confusion = ebay Open Case !!!!!

Dear all,

Recently a buyer opened a item not as described or item not received against me. He complained about the item was damaged during shipment. However after I explained to him in rare occasion such thing could happen and most importantly I have fully refunded him through the eBay case. Now my question is even though I have refunded him will the closed case hold negative impact on my seller account? From my understanding you cant have too many open cases.

I came across some reading as stated below, cant quite remember:
Open Case = Max count 3 ???
eBay Close case = Max count 2 ???

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

How did you do the refund? did you have ebay decide in his favor? That makes a difference.

IF you close it before any decision is made the case doesn't go against that count.

I make sure I refund prior to getting too far in case since that happens.

Once ebay tells the buyer he has to return it for a refund it will show as a case against you. Even if you then just say the hell with it and refund him to get it over with. Once it gets so far then you are stuck. I have learned this and tested many times.
Old 08-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Question = How did you do the refund? did you have ebay decide in his favor? That makes a difference.
Answer = The case was close by me by giving full refund to the buyer and not by eBay.

Just to check with you regarding this= "Once ebay tells the buyer he has to return it for a refund it will show as a case against you." <--- Since this starts to involve eBay in making the decision so it will use up the max count from (eBay Close case = Max count 2 ??? )

And also when I decided to close the case myself by giving full refund does it use up the max count from (Open Case = Max count 3 ???) meaning it dosent mean whether who is right or wrong you cant just over this limit? Am I right? Hopefully I am wrong because it dosent make sense since i have already full refund the money back to buyer and eBay still counts it as non-performance.
Old 08-24-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicialoh04237 View Post
Hopefully I am wrong because it dosent make sense since i have already full refund the money back to buyer and eBay still counts it as non-performance.
Nobody ever said eBay was going to make sense.
The only thing eBay wants to make is money.

In fact, you agreed to it when you signed up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eBaysense.jpg (34.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Hrad; 08-24-2011 at 12:24 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hrad For This Useful Post:
KingRay (08-25-2011), kittylove (12-17-2013)
Old 08-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Should add in the thumbnail:

5. I understand that eBay will f*ck around with my Pa yp al.
Old 08-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

It counts in both cases as you stated. The real thing you want to stay away from the most is the closed cases by ebay. Those will kill you every time.

The other ones, there is restrictions and things that can be removed or looked at differently by ebay. In their wording they look at them differently if it was held in customs, or you already posted the tracking info before they filed. etc. I have a case where the same guy opened 3 against me. At that time I didnt know the difference between opened, and ebay closed cases. I figured it out and instantly closed the last one of the 3 myself saving my account.

Then I have 1 closed case by me. that one ebay says will not acount against me due to it being the same buyer. They have several issues where they may not count but the "closed by ebay" ones are a killer.

Now they have a rule in place where it wont count against you IF they didnt contact you through the ebay email system about the problem prior to the claim being filed. They are now required to try and get a resolved issue directly from you before filing a claim.

That is actually a great deal for us sellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicialoh04237 View Post
Question = How did you do the refund? did you have ebay decide in his favor? That makes a difference.
Answer = The case was close by me by giving full refund to the buyer and not by eBay.

Just to check with you regarding this= "Once ebay tells the buyer he has to return it for a refund it will show as a case against you." <--- Since this starts to involve eBay in making the decision so it will use up the max count from (eBay Close case = Max count 2 ??? )

And also when I decided to close the case myself by giving full refund does it use up the max count from (Open Case = Max count 3 ???) meaning it dosent mean whether who is right or wrong you cant just over this limit? Am I right? Hopefully I am wrong because it dosent make sense since i have already full refund the money back to buyer and eBay still counts it as non-performance.