Confirm ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Confirm ID

My very first post. Been reading and learning alot from this site over the past year. Aspkins guide is great! A must have to understanding the forums newbies.

Here's the issue I ran into the other day:

I made my first listing on my 2mo old xxxxx acct 2 days ago and as I was listing my second one it asked to confirm ID with the answer for my secret question. But when I typed it in it was coming up as wrong. I typed it in 3 times then I got the,
"Please contact customer care to help us confirm your identity. Once your identity is confirmed you can continue with your activity",
message with the number to call. Tried again to list this time from the main sell link but got the same message.

Yesterday I logged back in because the listing sold w/ BIN and I wanted to list again so I needed to get the number to call but I didn't know how to get that exact number since I didn't write it down. The only way I knew how to get it was to try and list again and wait for that message to pop up with the number.

However much to my surprise when I relisted the listing went thru!?!?!?!
I listed 2 more times immediately and they both went thru. I was amazed and gonna list the rest of the 8 listings I had left for the month but I didn't want to push it so I stopped.

But I logged back in a few hours later because one of the listings sold w/ BIN and I wanted to relist that item again. As soon as I clicked to have it listed, that same message popped up that I was looking for the first time saying I had to confirm ID and to call the 1-866 number.

Now I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong? My bro was on my laptop earlier and I think he used ccleaner because it was open and I didn't have it open but idk. I know clearing your cooks after u list is a no no so that could be it.

So anyway I'm thinking of calling if I have to but I was wondering based on the info that was given at the time of opening acct, what kind of questions could they ask without having a ssn to get the real juicy info? Public info possibly? If your on a xxxxx acct what could they possibly ask you to verify that acct?

Thanks for this great forum
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

You don't want to clean your cookies in between sessions with Ebay. That can lead to them wanting to verify your identity.
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 72%

Yeah I figured that.
Someone mentioned to try and clear cookies to see if I could get pass it. No need tho because I've been able to list up to the limit w/out calling.
But now I'm out of listings and they wanna confirm.
What happens now? Should I pursue or....?
xxxxx most definitely