eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Phone call from ebay CS (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/47950-phone-call-ebay-cs.html)

Sandy D 06-26-2012 02:53 PM

Phone call from ebay CS

Very seldom get a phone call and this one was really odd.

Customer buys something buy it now.
Pays right away.

I print label as I am on that site and have the folder right in front of me listing more items.

Phone rings, have a stack of them plugged in and fumbled thru getting the right phone.

Answer it and its ebay CS.

They are asking if I would agree to cancel this transaction as the buyer is not happy with the product and said you have not answered her questions and you phone was not working.

Hmmm you are talking to me now arent you? She said yes.

I told her item was just purchased and will get shipped today.

She said buyer does not want the item and wants to cancel and demands a refund.

I said no problem but how could she not want the product if she has not even received it yet.

** Now comes the good part **

This buyer is a major buyer on ebay and found one similar for half the price and tried contacting you with no response from you so she contacted us.

I said wait, a buyer has a direct phone number or something and can get you to call me within hours of a product being sold? She said yes, we have numbers for any buyer to call us.

I was looked at her feedback.

Buyer has 12,500 feedback. ALL BUYING, no selling since 2007.

I told her I would gladly send her a cancellation that she can accept and refund her money and relist the item. Rep said she does not want to cancel it she want you to cancel it. I told her I thought the buyer had to accept the cancellation. Again, she is a major buyer and if you work with her she has the potential of buying many more things from you.

Do certain buyer have a direct rep they can get to this fast?
Never heard of this before.

I found that she had bought a like item for half the price.

Damn buyer are becoming very aggressive and grabbed mine so no one else could and then found another one like it and expects me to cancel her bid and refund right away.

I asked this rep if I could have the phone number so I can call if I have an issue and she said, but you have never bought anything on ebay.

I stopped right there and told her I would take care of this buyer right away.

Simply amazing.

Nissan2nr22 06-26-2012 03:00 PM

Lol great share, eBay is ridiculous these days. Sellers should have way more preference than buyers.

eBay is just a piece of ****. That's all nothing more

DrDread 06-26-2012 03:32 PM

Highly suspect

Since when has finding an item for less money been a valid reason to cancel a transaction? This call is highly suspect. I would have waited 4 days and filed an unpaid item dispute. It's unlikely this "high volume buyer" is going to purchase from you again anyway.

You can find your eBay partner's phone number by doing Advanced Search > Find Contact Info. Often their phone number is listed in Transaction Details.

Best of luck.

tikade 06-26-2012 03:54 PM

Great story Sandy certainly a strange call , think I would have crumbled and stumbled and hid :behindsofa::lol:

crafty1 06-26-2012 04:10 PM

I have heard from somewhere before that Major buyers do have direct lines to reps but that could all be bull..........I must admit that was a strange one and it might be the buyer knows the rep that called you very well.......

Jamesesesess 06-26-2012 04:20 PM

It's ridiculous how much favoritism is shown towards the buyers but treat the sellers like crap. We're the ones paying their asses ridiculous amounts of fees each month :rolleyes:

MM78 06-26-2012 04:33 PM

Sandy that was just totally shocking and amazing. I guess this buyer is a heavy buyer. Just out of curiosity, was it an expensive item?

BiN4RY 06-26-2012 05:32 PM

Just making sure but are you absolutely sure that was eBay calling, not the buyer pretending to be an eBay rep?

unkown5454 06-26-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 354052)
Just making sure but are you absolutely sure that was eBay calling, not the buyer pretending to be an eBay rep?

This is exactly what I thought...

jamblix 06-26-2012 08:45 PM

I've had my share of buyers calling in, it's never good news and some of them just go on and on. I don't answer my stealth numbers anymore, just listen to the voicemail instead. Problems can be handled through email just fine.

Highly suspect phone call, that buyers been in the game for awhile so maybe it's as binary and unknown suggest. I mean imagine if you called in eB and told a rep you found an item that you bid on and won for half the price elsewhere, I don't see that working out in your favor.

(edit: Was the phone number restricted? If not then an eB number could probably be easily traced, if it is then I'd be even more suspect)

yotano211 06-27-2012 02:28 AM

If heavy buyers have direct access numbers then heavy sellers should have the same. It's only fair, I would think.

trustno1 06-27-2012 05:12 AM

wow that's crazy!
I have had eb members try to contact me in the past. (they get my number by calling ebay)

and I do not want to talk to them as they are just stupid and I have nothing to say to them.

then when they can't get through to me they message me saying your phone is not working why is this? and I just say to them that I don't want to talk to you
Hahhaa.

SUVE 06-27-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 354052)

Sandy D could easily email EB directly from her EB A/C to cross check that it was infact EB who had called her about this transaction.

:ranger:

yotano211 06-27-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trustno1 (Post 354155)
wow that's crazy!
and I just say to them that I don't want to talk to you that's why.
Hahhaa.

You have to say this in a professional matter.

I usually wait until the EB or PP account is nailed then I take off the censorship button in my brain. :heh:

Elijah 06-27-2012 11:36 AM

Same here. I bite my tongue when the account is still good, but once it goes down, I won't take any sh!t from anyone.

oompaloompa 06-27-2012 12:58 PM

it seems bizarre, because ebay say it is a contract and to contact seller via messages, and then seller gets to decide if cancels, which they usually would for an easy life.

why would she need to call or get eb to call you, when she can contact via messages first, plus why would eby get involved anyway, they would say contact seller via messages....

BiN4RY 06-27-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUVE (Post 354175)
Sandy D could easily email EB directly from her EB A/C to cross check that it was infact EB who had called her about this transaction.

:ranger:

Except she didn't mention that she did anything like that now did she

Sandy D 06-27-2012 03:09 PM

The call came from a California area code and the buyer is from New York.

I was thinking this at first but the more I spoke the more they sounded like a well trained eb rep to me and I have spoken to many over the years.

I am still blown away that a buyer would have this much clout.

And as someone mentioned above since when does finding an item cheaper count for a reason to cancel.

I have sold to several eb partners and never got a call or had issues with them that I can remember. I originally thought this was one of those eb partners like flight??? then realized all of those people I shipped to a California address.

Good suggestion as the next time I log into this account I am going to send eb a message to make sure this came from them. Almost certain it did but will find out.

SUVE 06-27-2012 03:15 PM

^^I would definitely drop EB an email over this Sandy D^^

Unusual situation for sure.

I wish you luck in getting to the bottom of this matter.

Sandy D 06-28-2012 02:01 AM

I have sent a message and hope they let me know if it was from them.

I just cannot see a buyer with this much knowledge and to be so scripted in their words.

beeker 06-28-2012 04:00 PM

Interesting please let us know
if it does turn out to be the buyer.

LoopHole 06-28-2012 06:21 PM

Great share. And by the way, have you checked if the buyer has requested your info? I am pretty sure they cannot see your number by just buying something from you. They have to request a form and you always get an email stating that the buyer has requested your info. If you never got one of these then it must have been a rep.