\"eBay  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   got scammed.. need your help :( (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/52130-got-scammed-need-your-help.html)

zexmarkies 10-23-2012 06:47 PM

got scammed.. need your help :(

so i sold an iphone 4s about a month ago, a few days later the buyer claims that it keeps dropping a signal which is not true, anyway i accepted return, he opened a case. couple days later, i received an empty envelope with p.o box address, no name on it. i immediately called ebay told them what happened, and they put the case on hold. and today i received an email from ebay saying that the case is closed and the gave the buyer full refund. i called ebay again, they told me to file an incident report to police department while they are holding the case again. should i do this? i used stealth account, but it got suspended so i dont mind giving them my real information. or is there going be another problem since i used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information?

slim jim 10-23-2012 07:08 PM

the envelope might have a weight on it that you can upload as proof. police report will do nothing most likely. lots of problems with selling iphones

zexmarkies 10-23-2012 07:16 PM

i already uploaded the picture of envelope. they said it does nothing because anyone can just make it up. they told me to file an incident report and fax to them. not sure if i really should do this..

igotsuspended 10-23-2012 07:23 PM

Just expecting nothing and file incident report would cost nothing to you.
However, as they requested it, just do it.

astralman 10-23-2012 08:00 PM

Police wont do anything unless its like 10k or more usually from what I have read. Ebay/paypal just wants the police report to see if your telling the truth. If you didnt use your account info they might say your using somebody else info so its just a thought and just might close the whole case down. Most probably just report the iphone if you have the serial and all that stolen so it gets blocked and the scammer loses on 1 side.

unkown5454 10-23-2012 08:09 PM

All is lost unfortunately, especially since your information is stea.lth. This scenario happens with Ap.ple products every day. The guy will sell it on Crai.gs.list to get the cash and then it will be like nothing ever happened and your phone never existed.

BigCJ 10-23-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astralman (Post 386690)
Most probably just report the iphone if you have the serial and all that stolen so it gets blocked and the scammer loses on 1 side.

That wont even do anything. There are people who are willing to buy the blocked cell phones and can unlock them and still sell it for almost retail price.

Im sorry for this, OP :/
My advice would be to deal locally next time with such a high ticket item.
Meet at a police station, this way you have less chance of getting scammed and can have cold hard cash for it.

slim jim 10-23-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zexmarkies (Post 386679)
i already uploaded the picture of envelope. they said it does nothing because anyone can just make it up. they told me to file an incident report and fax to them. not sure if i really should do this..

did it have the weight on it? i am guessing this was sent with a tracking #

Sausage 10-23-2012 09:16 PM

I ad the same thing a few months back. Item was worth several hundred $$

Buyer sent me back a empty box. I took the box to the Police and explained and got the police report. Emailed it to eBay and I won the case:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ut-please.html

yotano211 10-23-2012 09:18 PM

Did the person return the item with signature confirmation. If the phone was expensive enough, and lucky enough the person didn't, so maybe you can appeal on those grounds and win

But yea police won't do much if anything but as still file.

igotsuspended 10-23-2012 09:23 PM

I know police wont even look to it, but at least you have something to fax in.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Sausage 10-23-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 386711)
Did the person return the item with signature confirmation. If the phone was expensive enough, and lucky enough the person didn't, so maybe you can appeal on those grounds and win

But yea police won't do much if anything but as still file.

I suspected the buyer would send an empty box back so I took a video it on an iPhone and uploaded that so eBay can see it but they didn't accept it even though it was shown the box being opened in the P.O with both names on. It was the Police report that won the case.

slim jim 10-23-2012 09:28 PM

Yea a video prooves nothing, go with the police report. Seems like your only chance

zexmarkies 10-24-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim jim (Post 386700)
did it have the weight on it? i am guessing this was sent with a tracking #

no it doesn't have weight on it. he sent it with flat rate priority.

GreenBean 10-24-2012 07:32 PM

cell phones need SIGNALS to work.

Have you all the info regarding the cell phone?

If so report it stolen and get it blocked

Fight for your rights as a seller. Be a lot more professional next time

:juggle:

zexmarkies 10-24-2012 07:48 PM

i went to police department yesterday. the receptionist lady told me to go to computer station and make a online report and someone will email back to me. i will keep updating this post

zexmarkies 10-24-2012 07:52 PM

btw i used my real information that doesn't match with my stealth account. i didn't wanna mess around with police lol

rsot 10-24-2012 07:54 PM

Follow Sausage's lead and file it - follow up quickly.

Sausage 10-24-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 386980)
Follow Sausage's lead and file it - follow up quickly.

Just do everything you can, don't give up.

user3657 10-25-2012 12:22 AM

Let us know what the police say, in terms of stealth info....You can always say oh I was selling this for a friend etc, he paid me 30% to sell it for him blah blah blah...

But yes I dont believe the police would do anything for an iphone. I would also get intouch with his local police and send/fax a report over. You never know, maybe this isnt the first time this guy has done this. Then they would have something to go on....

Either way once you send paypal the police report i bet paypal sides with you...

club1010 10-25-2012 12:29 AM

Yeah, don't give it up, try all means possible to get the case resolved in your favor by ebay, I think your best chance is police report.

oompaloompa 10-25-2012 02:29 AM

I have heard of paypal siding with seller once a police report was filed. it gives extra 3rd party credibility and lets face it a lying seller would probably not take that step.