OK ... SO, a little advice. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-23-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default OK ... SO, a little advice.

so i've been part time selling for a while now just making some extra $$ for some bills, each month i've slowly been giving it more and more time.

I tested a new product in another section and had success, so i tested a little more and more each week till I realized i might be onto something now... well its got to the point were its going good and I can't stop, IM HOOKED!

the big fish in the pond are all BINs with a handful of auctions to feed some action, they are all moving 800+ items a month.

the smaller fish are moving 400 with a mixed of new and used.

im moving around 100 just getting started.

Im all auction 100%, i have better prices then the big fish, and my shipping charges are better.

My BINs suck, i can't get any traction with BINs untill i have 100+ .

These items aren't exactly cheap enough to be purchasing 100++ listing, then hoping it works.

The big guys seems to be able to slap whatever mostly sane price on their stuff, with an over priced shipping charge and boom, good to go.

so my game is fast turnover with smaller profits.

I make a some on the item, i make some on the shipping, and move move move.

my problem is I start ramping up more and more items, and it seems my bids will dilute across my items......and i'll have a soft to sucky sales day well i should say profit day.

This confuses me as, there can't be anyway little old me can dilute myself in a bowl so big... right?

i've also found some days of the week are totally sucking... Friday / Sat / Sun... again

Im either ramping up and hitting total random acts, or something is up... cause i'll hit some bumps, scale back a little, and it evens out.

I DON'T WANT TO SCALE BACK, I feel like im right around the edge of running a 24/7 operation of awesome. I understand playing the auction game you'll have some wins and draws but this is werid.

AGH!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2012

Longevity: 90%

This is exactly what I am wondering about. Some days auction sales are getting a lot of bidders, others do not. What the hell is going on with ebay? It seems to more you sell the less bidders you get. Why ? How ?
Old 11-24-2012
Threadstarter  

these are the questions i was going to ask the eb4y person in a 1 on 1 phone call........

im not sure if anyone here has an anwser for us my friend.
Old 11-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Thread may not be getting so much advice yet because of 1) long weekend 2) specific information about how to do sales - site is more geared for stealth methodology rather than selling...in principle.
Old 11-29-2012

Longevity: 66%

seems like traffic on ebay is declining across the board.
The Following User Says Thank You to ripcitytix For This Useful Post:
stanislav (11-30-2012)
Old 11-30-2012
Threadstarter  

they still are a very big fish in the pond though, they aren't going anywhere any time soon they've built do much brand over the years they are almost a household name.

yea we've got amazon, but they aren't real friendly to sellers, they will openly use your own sales data to screw you.... so while you are a seller, they are your comp at the same time... and they know everything you do.

eb4y is much more friendly as they aren't actively trying to screw you :-P
Old 11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcitytix View Post
seems like traffic on ebay is declining across the board.
I have been crying wolf for ages on this board about traffic but apparently people wont listen ... Maybe now they will!
Old 11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_monkey View Post
they still are a very big fish in the pond though, they aren't going anywhere any time soon they've built do much brand over the years they are almost a household name.

yea we've got amazon, but they aren't real friendly to sellers, they will openly use your own sales data to screw you.... so while you are a seller, they are your comp at the same time... and they know everything you do.

eb4y is much more friendly as they aren't actively trying to screw you :-P
Yeah I must agree with you. I can tell you that I do infact like ebay for it's user friendly interface. I think shopping on ebay in general is much more pleasant than on amazon. Amazon has bad navigation BUt the reason I believe Amazon became so popular is because they offer reviews for each product. This is WHAT drives people to buy from Amazon. This is HOW Amazon became famous. I wonder to myself sometimes WHAT IS IS THINKING! The ship is THINKING!

FUNNY! SOS! MAYDAY! SINKING! - YouTube
Old 11-30-2012

Most people bid on your item then check to look if you have the same item listed again. If so these buyers will bid on that item as well. More items spread over a certain amount of time gives tells the buyers if they don't win this one, they have another shot. This is part of the reason why typically the first and last items of any set of auctions typically have the highest bids. I was thinking that there should be big enough of a pond to dilute out the bids regardless of the number of items I post but that is just not the case. Buyers don't make sense.

To deal with this problem, go stealth with several accounts. Do less sales over several accounts rather than several sales on few accounts. It works.
Old 11-30-2012

Longevity: 67%

eB traffic still good... if the alexa drop because alexa research traffic based on search query over search engines. I will worry if eB member sign up decreasing..

Sent from my Lenovo S880
Old 11-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
Most people bid on your item then check to look if you have the same item listed again. If so these buyers will bid on that item as well. More items spread over a certain amount of time gives tells the buyers if they don't win this one, they have another shot. This is part of the reason why typically the first and last items of any set of auctions typically have the highest bids. I was thinking that there should be big enough of a pond to dilute out the bids regardless of the number of items I post but that is just not the case. Buyers don't make sense.

To deal with this problem, go stealth with several accounts. Do less sales over several accounts rather than several sales on few accounts. It works.
yep makes perfect sense, which is why I always make sure NEVER to list the same item or even the same item of another color on the same week, most of my items are 100% diff to really push the sale, and the only time I relist is if I don't have another one of those items up.
Old 11-30-2012

Longevity: 84%

lots of small fish can destroy a big fish

think about it
The Following User Says Thank You to they_screwed_me_too For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-30-2012)
Old 11-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Oh I hear ya loud and clear....

Im not really thinknig they are taking customers away from me as this cat is pretty big but im just wondering why i hit this invisable wall with auction styles.

If you can move 800 a month BIN, why not atleast 1/2 that auction.

test test test, and I can always death by 1000 cuts, although im not out to ruin anyones day as I feel there is more then enough business to go around, just trying to pick my numbers up on my highest A++ account.
Old 12-01-2012

Longevity: 72%

You have bad days because your item is either not showing up in the search or being pushed way down in favor of Chinese volume sellers. Even if you check from your computer and they show up doesn't mean they will for different ip regions.
Old 12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitepowersales View Post
You have bad days because your item is either not showing up in the search or being pushed way down in favor of Chinese volume sellers. Even if you check from your computer and they show up doesn't mean they will for different ip regions.
EXACTLY!

SMART MAN!

AGREE YOU 100%

Quote:
Even if you check from your computer and they show up doesn't mean they will for different ip regions
I have had an entire thread recently discussing exactly that!

From my own experimentation judging from statistics on my auctions I can clearly see that it's not the traffic issue with ebay. Ebay has a lot of traffic coming in But they control what region will see your listing. Based on what? That I dont know!
Old 12-01-2012

Longevity: 71%

Yes Ebay traffic is still great also i try to avoid Fridays and Saturdays cause are the worse days.....If i sell an item for $100 during the week,then on Friday Saturday i usually sell them for $70...Just my 2 cents
Old 12-02-2012
Threadstarter  

well its nice to see other people are getting the same poo poo days Im getting.

friday...saturday, don't list.