Will this work? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-22-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Will this work?

hi everyone I'm very new to this and I have read the other threads but I want to know if what I'm planning on doing with my ebay will work.
I started on ebay a few months ago selling designer clothes which I get cheap from a wholesaler who is a family friend, I have a couple of
accounts one with 25 limit and one with 100 limits which are both doing well and I can see a real future in this for myself and my family but I want to cover myself after hearing all the horror stories about people being spended out the blue.
Now I want to open two seperate accounts with two of my friends details completely different sets of bank details/addresses I can trust both of my friends and there happy to let me use there details they ll just open a seperate bank account each and let me have access to it..

.now heres the bit I'm not sure about I already have two laptops at my house but I have only ever logged onto ebay with one so I'm going to use the other one to run one of the accounts and maybe get another laptop on the cheap to run the third one. I'll use my home broadband to run my original laptop and two seperate dongels to run both the other two.
So ill have four accounts split over 3 sets of details then after a little bit maybe open a second one off both my friends details so I will be running 6 accounts.
Now I know people will say I don't need three laptops etc but to be honest I'm not really sure how I change up addresses and the like everytime I log on I would rather just have seperate laptops/dongels just for now until I get to grips with the technical side of things
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Ip addresses not up addresses!!
Old 12-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

- seems like you have a grasp of stealth - keep EVERYTHING separate - dont use same info - and dont be lazy.

Write everything down so you can keep track of your operations.
Old 12-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
- seems like you have a grasp of stealth - keep EVERYTHING separate - dont use same info - and dont be lazy.

Write everything down so you can keep track of your operations.

Thanks for the advice!!
Old 12-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
hi everyone I'm very new to this and I have read the other threads but I want to know if what I'm planning on doing with my ebay will work.
I started on ebay a few months ago selling designer clothes which I get cheap from a wholesaler who is a family friend, I have a couple of
accounts one with 25 limit and one with 100 limits which are both doing well and I can see a real future in this for myself and my family but I want to cover myself after hearing all the horror stories about people being spended out the blue.
Horror stories known to many of us on the forum, I agree.
Quote:
Now I want to open two seperate accounts with two of my friends details completely different sets of bank details/addresses I can trust both of my friends and there happy to let me use there details they ll just open a seperate bank account each and let me have access to it..
I can not agree that this is a good part of your plan. Well known on here that business & friends never mix. You can have alternatives. Friends start off fine with everything & then things change later. First thing that happens is they muck up a successful account & ruin it. Better to do everything yourself.

Quote:
.now heres the bit I'm not sure about I already have two laptops at my house but I have only ever logged onto ebay with one so I'm going to use the other one to run one of the accounts and maybe get another laptop on the cheap to run the third one. I'll use my home broadband to run my original laptop and two seperate dongels to run both the other two.
So ill have four accounts split over 3 sets of details then after a little bit maybe open a second one off both my friends details so I will be running 6 accounts.
Long term plans including multiple accounts are a good idea. I find it better to start with no more than 2 accounts to ensure that I really understand all the workings of stealth.
Quote:
Now I know people will say I don't need three laptops etc but to be honest I'm not really sure how I change up addresses and the like everytime I log on I would rather just have seperate laptops/dongels just for now until I get to grips with the technical side of things
Your own answer matches what I already posted. I am pleased you get the issues involved & want to work around them. 3 laptops may not be needed. Mind, I have different computers for accounts. ( But that's 'cos I wear a tin hat )

Quote:
Thanks for listening guys and please any help or information will be taking on board and very welcome[/quote
this stealth business is always one where alterations, changes etc need to be done especially B4 starting off with a new account ( or new accounts).
What I would suggest at the moment is to re-think the friends' involvement. Be independent & keep all the money you earn for YOU.
Basis is doable. Amends here & there and you will be fine
Lots to talk about at this planing stage
Old 12-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Horror stories known to many of us on the forum, I agree.

I can not agree that this is a good part of your plan. Well known on here that business & friends never mix. You can have alternatives. Friends start off fine with everything & then things change later. First thing that happens is they muck up a successful account & ruin it. Better to do everything yourself.

Long term plans including multiple accounts are a good idea. I find it better to start with no more than 2 accounts to ensure that I really understand all the workings of stealth.

Your own answer matches what I already posted. I am pleased you get the issues involved & want to work around them. 3 laptops may not be needed. Mind, I have different computers for accounts. ( But that's 'cos I wear a tin hat )

What I would suggest at the moment is to re-think the friends' involvement. Be independent & keep all the money you earn for YOU.
Basis is doable. Amends here & there and you will be fine
Lots to talk about at this planing stage
Wow thanks for the help you have really broken down my plan as I'm sure u can imagine this means so much to me...a very good friend of mine who got me started on ebay was 50 thousand pounds a year( I'm UK based) after building his accounts up for three years but we logged on one day to find papal had shut him down, it ruined his life for while! Now he s starting from scratch with different details and he so wishes he had set up stealths from
day 1...I do not want to make the same mistake even if I am just getting started!

I understand what u mean about using other peoples details but I can honestly say that I can trust the two who im using and if I'm honest at this moment in time I don't have a clue just yet to use my own details to do it, it seems so complicated when your a beginner lol

The way iv explained above with friends details different laptops/dongels etc is kind of like an idiots way to do stealth!!! It will work from what I have learned from yourself and on this site and once I have grasped stealth completely there's nothing stopping me from opening more accounts the correct way and wind down the accounts with my friends

Again thank u so much for your help it means a lot