Identification questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Identification questions

I have noticed that if you dont like the questions generated from identification verification when trying to raise limits, refreshing the page will give you a new set of questions. Sometimes it will give some questions where the answers the more easily answered by looking at the other questions, any thoughts on this?

Also have you guys noticed any common ground on the number of questions you need to answer correctly to get the limit increased? Have you ever had limits increased by answering none of the above to all of the questions?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smokescreen For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (01-11-2013), rockitaway (01-08-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2013

Yes I noticed this too. Wanted to try and see how many different questions they could generate.

I dont know for sure but my guess would be they all need to be answered correctly to get limits raised.

`None of the above` prolly doesnt work as it doesnt really prove anything.
Old 01-07-2013

Longevity: 80%

Hmm i am not sure of the number correct, as the number of questions changes.

Some accounts had only 3 questions, others 4-5 questions.

I have had my limits raised by answering enough of the questions correctly -- though it doesn't say how many you need to get right to be considered okay.

One time though, I was speaking to an ebay rep answering ID questions, and they let it slip that I needed to answer at least 3 (of the 5) correct in order to pass. But that they don't know which ones we answered were right or wrong, just that we passed or failed..

But if there are only 3 questions-- I am assuming you need to answer 2 right?

Last edited by turkeyhunt; 01-07-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: needed to finish my thought
Old 01-08-2013

^^^ Hmmmmmmmm.... I have always seen 4 questions, no more - no less.
Old 01-08-2013

Longevity: 72%

I usually see three. I didn't know questions could be refreshed though.
Old 01-08-2013

Longevity: 69%

i have the feeling you need to answer all of them correctly. if out of 4 questions you answered 3 right, the system will pull another set of question as to give you another chance - they assume if you are the real person you claim to be, you could make 1 mistake like not remembering your own birthday, but not 2 mistakes like not remember your mom's city again
Old 01-08-2013
Threadstarter  

I know it definitely isnt all of the questions, because I have had my limits raised to 50/3500 or 100/5000 after answering 2 of the questions right, and that is the most I have been able to answer. Sometimes the answers can be figured out based on the other questions.
Old 01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokescreen View Post
I know it definitely isnt all of the questions, because I have had my limits raised to 50/3500 or 100/5000 after answering 2 of the questions right, and that is the most I have been able to answer. Sometimes the answers can be figured out based on the other questions.
How can you tell if you answered a question right?? I dont remember seeing any kind of scorecard afterward.
Old 01-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Gotta love when they give you questions on a pure stealth name. They are so full of it. It's retarded.. I lost a good account a few days ago, so i am making some right now, and so far... 0 for 1... Decided to give ebay mobile signup/use a try and it failed for me. So.. now back to laptop making. Well this one, i listed a cheap baby item. So far it's not listed on my myworld.ebay.com/xxxxx still hoping it shows and i don't get the mc999 email. I typically list 1 NON branded cheap item to see if it lists, typically if it lists fine and shows up in searches, with slow careful use and adding a bank etc.,. the account becomes safe after 2 months or 3. But, if i get an instance mc999 within the first listing.It wasn't worth wasting a week of bs'n around anyway.
Old 01-09-2013

I am not sure where you folks are getting this.... if an account is fictitious it wont even put up any questions. Just says to call ebay to discuss your business for possible increase.
Old 01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
I am not sure where you folks are getting this.... if an account is fictitious it wont even put up any questions. Just says to call ebay to discuss your business for possible increase.
I was wondering the same thing. They always get confused saying "hmm that is strange my system is unable to pull up any questions for you, hmm how long have you lived at this address. Hmmm send me your state ID, a recent utility bill, your most recent family photo and your uncle mikes left pinky finger for print verification."
Old 01-09-2013

i tried your refresh method, failed twice - every time i refresh it says "call us to discuss", so you actually loose one chance to try.

furthermore, the questions are generated randomly, so there will not be easy question just because you get a new set, its pure luck that you get questions that you can answer - believe or not i even once guessed the middle two digits of the social right!!! - i should have entered some lottery that day.

Quote:
I have noticed that if you dont like the questions generated from identification verification when trying to raise limits, refreshing the page will give you a new set of questions. Sometimes it will give some questions where the answers the more easily answered by looking at the other questions, any thoughts on this?

Also have you guys noticed any common ground on the number of questions you need to answer correctly to get the limit increased? Have you ever had limits increased by answering none of the above to all of the questions?
Old 01-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
How can you tell if you answered a question right?? I dont remember seeing any kind of scorecard afterward.
Because if I dont answer any questions right I get the dreaded call us to speak about your account. When I am able to answer two questions (based on other questions, ie one question might be what city did you live in and another is which address did you live at, and one address belongs in the town from the previous question).
Old 01-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Gotta love when they give you questions on a pure stealth name. They are so full of it. It's retarded.. I lost a good account a few days ago, so i am making some right now, and so far... 0 for 1... Decided to give ebay mobile signup/use a try and it failed for me. So.. now back to laptop making. Well this one, i listed a cheap baby item. So far it's not listed on my myworld.ebay.com/xxxxx still hoping it shows and i don't get the mc999 email. I typically list 1 NON branded cheap item to see if it lists, typically if it lists fine and shows up in searches, with slow careful use and adding a bank etc.,. the account becomes safe after 2 months or 3. But, if i get an instance mc999 within the first listing.It wasn't worth wasting a week of bs'n around anyway.
Yes, initially I thought they were linking my account to some similar name / DOB but almost 95% of the accounts they were able to link to questions, so I dont know if they are just giving me random questions or ?

Using your method you have to wait a long time before you can really use the account.. do you create the accounts in bulk and wait and see what happens with each one?
Old 01-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommer33 View Post
i tried your refresh method, failed twice - every time i refresh it says "call us to discuss", so you actually loose one chance to try.

furthermore, the questions are generated randomly, so there will not be easy question just because you get a new set, its pure luck that you get questions that you can answer - believe or not i even once guessed the middle two digits of the social right!!! - i should have entered some lottery that day.
I have found if you wait too long before refreshing and refresh then it will automatically send you to the call us...etc, so I usually quickly read the questions, if they are ones I havent had success with in the past, then I quickly refresh (less than 15 seconds) and have always gotten one more set of questions.
Old 01-09-2013

Longevity: 66%

what questions do they ask?
Old 01-10-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2005 View Post
what questions do they ask?
It could be address information (ie what city of these have you lived in, what address have you lived at of the following), personal information (ie how tall are you..etc), or what car have you owned/leased, things like that.
Old 01-10-2013

If you answer wrong is the account flagged?
Old 01-10-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you answer wrong is the account flagged?
I did about 30 accounts so far, I was able to answer questions on 4 or 5 and got limits raised, so far none of the other accounts that I werent able to answer questions have been flagged yet, but I also didnt call in, I think calling in would raise the chances of being flagged. When it comes to ebay I think the worst thing you can do is involve a human in the process.
Old 01-10-2013

Ebay does not employ humans.
There all from the planet BAST*RD
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
Elijah (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceuk View Post
Ebay does not employ humans.
There all from the planet BAST*RD
Unfortunately they do, I have talked to a number of them, but I agree and question their value as humans lol
Old 01-10-2013

Quote:
Unfortunately they do, I have talked to a number of them, but I agree and question their value as humans lol
Bast*rdians do on the telephone sound very similar to humans .
However you can sense what there talking about is developed from a deep hate of all sellers on ebay.
This in turn manifests itself in a barage of lies and deceipt.
The true way to tell if a ebay employee is lying is close your eyes and if you hear a sound on the telephone when you call up thats 100% proof.
Its not there fault .. its in there genes .
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
Elijah (01-10-2013)