"best match" optimization - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default "best match" optimization

hi,

I'm a powerseller on eBay for more than 2 years and I always had been listed on the first page until about some weeks ago where my offer started dropping slowly. Now nearly all of my offers are not even within the first 3 pages anymore and due to this my business became very slow.
I already tried to buy my own offers by another account for 1 euro each but this had an opposite effect and my offers had been ranked even worse after that.
No matter what I've tried I had not been able to come close to the first page anymore.
I would therefore search for some experts help.
My offer should get back to a steady position on the first page.
All methods that will lead to this goal are welcome.

Any help appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What has happened in the past 5 weeks to your account?

Any violations or issues?

Usually something bad has happened to lose placings.

Old 03-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There is also a horrible chance that your account may be one affected as discussed here

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-dropping.html

another thread of interest

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ch-rigged.html
Old 03-26-2013
Threadstarter  

thanks for your answer.
The only thing I did was the thing mentioned. Buying my own offers from a friends account. This tremendously affected the ranking but I anyway already had been on page 2 when this happend so it didn't make much of a difference. Now my offers are around page 5 although there are nearly 500 pieces sold, I have 100% postive feedback and everything else is optimized in terms of the listing.
On page 1 there are suppliers with 20 sales 98% and so on in the moment. Listing however became very strange so I guess ebay changed something.

Before buying my own offers I had been in the lower part of page one what only came down to sales I guess as the top seller in my area sells around 10 pieces per day where instead I was selling maximum 10 per week.

Is there any way to trick the listing somehow for example buying offers from different IPs etc.? I have nothing to lose so in the current situation it doesn't make a diffrent if I fall back further with trying another method.
Old 03-26-2013
Threadstarter  

and yes I had a policy violation some months ago where ebay set my compiance rate to middle. This however was an error from ebays side. After I complained to them they agreed to set my compliance level to high again and delete the violation. Could it be that this anyway still affects the listing? however this all had been before my offer started dropping in ranking so I guess it shouldnt have any effect
Old 03-27-2013

Longevity: 73%

well my comp rate is still above avg A+ perfect
Old 03-27-2013

Longevity: 74%

did you just lose you "top rated" status? I think this is what happened and this is why it got dropped.
Old 03-27-2013

Longevity: 90%

Arek, what do you mean by "buying my own offers" ?
Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

no, I didn't lose my top rated status. I still have 100% positive feedback (around 900 ratings) and only one detailed negative.

The area I'm selling is extremly saturated. My feeling is that it only comes down to sales to get in front of "best match". The best one has around 5 offers all on the first places and sells around 10 per day. I'm selling zero in the moment so I'm dropping further and further.

Buying my own offers means I logged into the account of a friend and buyed the concerned offers for 1 euro each to get sales and therefore increase ranking. In the end I bought 10 pieces per day from his account but the effect was only negative and I got from page 2 to page 5. ebay somehow detected this and punished me (maybe because all sales came from one IP, still don't know how they detected)
One offer I didn't do this still is on page 2 but I got zero sales there so no chance to increase to page 1 again.
Old 03-28-2013

Longevity: 69%
Default "best match" optimization

Quote:
Originally Posted by arek View Post
and yes I had a policy violation some months ago where ebay set my compiance rate to middle. This however was an error from ebays side. After I complained to them they agreed to set my compliance level to high again and delete the violation. Could it be that this anyway still affects the listing? however this all had been before my offer started dropping in ranking so I guess it shouldnt have any effect
How was it an error? Never heard of eBay giving in to an error on their behalf
Old 03-28-2013
Threadstarter  

the email is in german, doesn't make much sense to post it here and also shouldn't be the question. They didn't admit that they did an error but they wrote me that they will put my compliance rate to high again out of goodwill.
This however hasn't to do anything with the problem. Had been a long time ago already before the problems occured and this didn't affect the ranking much back in the time
Old 04-01-2013

Longevity: 90%

Sales plummeting since middle of March. Anyone else?

Apr 1, 2013 02:31 PM

I’ve dealt with declining markets before and slow sales, but the middle of last month something changed. Nothing changed on my end, but sales went through the floor.

It was sudden, steep, and not typical.

Anyone else?

Source : Sales plummeting since middle of March. Anyone else? | eBay Seller Help Questions & Answer
Old 04-02-2013
Threadstarter  

I would make the following offer:
Anybody who has some knowledge about this and for exmaple is able to build ebay accounts and do purchases with various IPs could try to work on my offer and get it in front within "best match" and a specific keyword I will give you. If you should be successfull with this and you find a way to trick the "best-match" listing I could offer you some instant reward and a regular job.
The potential of finding a method to optimize offers for best-match display in ebay is tremendous in my opion. I alone could give you a lot of follow up orders from friends who have similiar problems and there is a endless amount of people who are also willing to pay for this.
ebay optimization therefore is a huge chance and has the potential to become a full time job which you can make a living from.
If you find a method to do this I'm pretty sure that I could give you regular orders for similiar jobs in the future.