eBay is listening to sellers - a light at the end of the tunnel? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default eBay is listening to sellers - a light at the end of the tunnel?

See: July 2008
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 95%

Great Post-- It does look like things maybe changing..

OR:

Is it a Mental thing--they took it away--because we never appreciated it--to make us want it--
Now that its gone-we wish we had it..??
> I use this method on my kids sometimes... :"the grass is not always greener.."
Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 91%

hope they get on with it sharp :P Glad there's movement!
Old 07-10-2008

ahh good ole negative reinforcement.
Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 93%

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Great Post.........
Old 07-11-2008

Default Listing Removed

Hello, people. My listing got removed after I posted a LOUIS VUITTON wallet as my FIRST listing EVER with a ZERO Feed Back score! Yet, I see other people with THE SAME kind of wallets posting for their FIRST TIME with ZERO FB. Please, is there anything I can do to PREVENT FURTHER LOUIS VUITTON listings from being removed EVER?
Thanks
Old 07-11-2008

considring LV sued ebay for 60 million and look like winning it, with other brands , you have as much chance of listing anything LV as president mugabe having the nobel prize for peace.
Old 07-12-2008

It is a good news.

But we have learned a hard lesson: never trust eBay again. This ******* never deserves our respect.

I am very dissappinted with google. Why it is so retarded that it has not set up a competitor for eBay.
Old 07-13-2008

Longevity: 95%

Microsoft throws around "Billions" like peanuts.. Kinda think since Gates stepped down he's Reading all the Blogs///
Just Maybe--MS will be next online auction house??
__Ive read how BG reads each and every email sent to him--AND he responds Very critically of his own in house products--Very Analytical..
2 Young to just sit back and retire in his Robotic home...
Old 07-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Ebay is Definitely NOT listening to sellers. Ebay is definitely NOT changing. Ebay is run on the calculations of their "No real Business world experience MBA's" only.

The reason they are are giving neutrals back is because they were going lose a huge percentage of PS, and that PR black eye would have hurt the stock price. Notice they said no "PS would lose their status before the change is implemented".

If they really wanted to fix feedback they would start with barring NPB from leaving feedback until an item is paid for.

Also on links to EBAY, a little warning beforehand would be nice.

Last edited by The_Cynic; 07-13-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-13-2008

Yah, when the Harvard Bean Counters and lawyers take over anything it's only a matter of time before things go FUBAR.

Reminds me of the scene in Aliens when Lt. Gorman is asked by Ripley how many drops he has been on. Gorman says "Thirty eight... simulated." Ripley then asks how many "combat drops" Gorman says "Two..including this one".

The most endearing part to me was talking to my Powerseller rep (when I had 24/7 phone access-as if it helps) about challenges faced by sellers on Ebay. It was like a twilight zone episode. Once after getting the most inane, stupid, idiotic response back when I was on the phone with her I gathered my wits, bit my tongue, calmed downed 30 degrees and quietly asked her "Have you ever sold anything on Ebay before?" She said yes, she had an ebay account and has sold 5 or 6 items. Nuff said.

This is how dumb they are. At the time Ebay closed all my auctions because I was "violating" the 10 items max rule. I had 50 auctions going and all were pulled. So I called the rep and asked what's up. My competitors are doing the same thing. She said worry about your account not others. So I said why can't I list them individually, the prices go higher than putting 50 in a dutch. She says it's against ebay rules.

OK, so I ask her what do I need to do. She says to make all 50 different or at least 5 groups of 10 each different. So I ask her if I list the same auctions I pulled BUT in each group of ten auctions I include 1 green cd dustcloth that costs me 5 cents, and in the next group of ten items I include 1 red cd dustcloth and so on for the other 3 groups of 10 would that be ok?. She said yes, then all your items will be different.

Conclusion? The next day I had the same 50 items listed on ebay that they pulled 2 days before for non-compliance but now there were all "different" to comply with bean counter/lawyer rules. Makes sense huh?

Old 07-13-2008

After 13 years on ebay I have found when the money stops flowing they make changes ( the right ones ), when the money is going up they make changes ( the wrong ones ) like this.

Some of us predicted the feedback "would not" stay as is.

It is here in this thread:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...edictions.html

The cash flow is down and they lied to us about listening to us, that is not the reason for the changes, its because of the $$$. Dont let them fool you.
Since when do they listen to the people?
Old 07-13-2008

i just signed up here, great forum!
Old 07-14-2008

I predict ebay will turn into amazon in 1 to 2 years.