Starting up again with legit old account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-23-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Starting up again with legit old account

Ok, so I posted on here a while ago, probably about 3 months or so ago. At the time, I was looking for advice regarding a pickle I had gotten myself into, where I allowed my gf to use my good, aged Ebay account from 2003 to sell an iphone unlocking service, which she did, but her supplier fell through and I was left holding the bag. My Ebay account was suspended due to the fact I owed them roughly $500 in seller fees from sales of this Iphone unlocking service my gf sold through my account. Ebay sent me to collections awhile ago, but at the time I just ignored it because I was pissed off because all the buyers of this unlocking service got refunded, which technically meant that all the sales were cancelled.

Said gf paid back for all the damage she caused (Paypal negative balance, ebay fees, etc...) Not wanting a hit on my credit rating, I called Ebay offering to pay the fees, and hopefully being able to work at something to get my account back to being usable. The lady said I couldnt pay them directly, as it had been sent to collections, and thus I had to pay the collection agency directly. The lady at Ebay said once I paid the collection agency, they would foward it to Ebay and I would get my account re-instated. So I went and took care of the fees through the collection agency (Credit Bureau Services Canada). Now I am waiting for them to send the money to Ebay to get my account re-instated.

Once my account gets re-instated, what would be the best way to start selling again? I may have a couple of negs and some bad DSR's, I was hoping I could work out something with Ebay regarding that. When I had told them at the beginning my account was hacked, they removed a ton of negs and also the bad DSR's, but I had recieved a few more later on. Could it be possible to get my account back up to scratch? Prior to the "unlocking service" my account was perfect, 100% fb, and no worse than 4.98 DSR rating on all categories. Also, will my account get put on some watch list because of the past dealing?

Sorry for the long post, I just hope to start selling again, I was making good money before selling novelties I bought from Aliexpress with good markup, and want to get back at it again. This account is 100% genuine, wasn't stealth or anything.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 65%

Well, I got an E-mail today, MC187 regarding account re-instatement. Logged in, looks like everything is back to normal. I lost my Powerseller and Top Rated Seller status, but no big deal, I can get those back fast. My account was listed as Above Average... despite all the crap, I still have no less than a 4.79 DSR rating. Only problem is I still have two negatives on the account. Would it be worth calling Ebay and trying to get them to remove it? Or should I just respond to the feedback and start up again.
Old 05-24-2013

Longevity: 66%

Do you think you could have the feedback issue resolved with the buyers? I know you can send a request to have the feedback revised by them if that's the case.
Old 05-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemantbi View Post
Well, I got an E-mail today, MC187 regarding account re-instatement. Logged in, looks like everything is back to normal. I lost my Powerseller and Top Rated Seller status, but no big deal, I can get those back fast. My account was listed as Above Average... despite all the crap, I still have no less than a 4.79 DSR rating. Only problem is I still have two negatives on the account. Would it be worth calling Ebay and trying to get them to remove it? Or should I just respond to the feedback and start up again.
I would not push my luck with another chat to ebay. You have gone well to get the account back.

Look at the negatives and look at the buyers' profile. Dont forget you have only a certain amount of revisions to use. Thus they should be guarded.

Decide then. You could consider selling more & getting good feedback so these drop off. Bear in mind your account is flagged .
Be wise with your choices.
Old 05-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

All the best as you read about stealth and get backups going.

Good to secure understanding of the old but also good to understand stealth