Is this a normal increase? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-11-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Post Is this a normal increase?

Whats up guys! I have been away from this forum for a little bit focusing on some SFB things and working on a website ect.

So finally today i decided to take a break and shift my energy over to my first eBay Stealth account made.

I was on a 5/$500 limit
and now, this morning ...
i am on a 100/$5000 limit?

This account was my first stealth created on Aug 17,2013.
It is Paypal verified, with a REAL bank account.

Is this a normal increase?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Is this a normal increase?

Not unheard of.

Be careful not to go nuts on the account

Slowly increase the amount you sell each month

Other than that, congratulations are in order
Old 10-11-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks bud!
And yeah, i'll try not to get too excited as you said. I was expecting though something around 10/1000 or a 20/2000 increase.
Old 10-11-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Awesome!

No this is not normal to jump that much that quick but like James eluded to it has happened more recently.

You must have solid DSRS etc to get this size of raise.

Nice job.
Old 10-11-2013

You're gonna start getting hate mail now. Many of us newbies are jealous !!

Congrats. It's like hitting the mini-lotto
Old 10-11-2013
Threadstarter  

Awesome! And, no no hate mail please! Haha, i tried to put as much details in everything i did as possible so that others could emulate & possibly get the same results... im a newbie too.

I accidently, linked my accounts. Although, it has yet to be suspended. I use PDAnet for proxies from my Galaxy. The galaxy is such a WONDERFUL phone that it auto connected to wifi (from my house) and i had a couple activities running on my banned ip.. i guess it wasn't enough to get banned.
Old 10-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Do not jinx yourself.

Be more careful of how you access accounts in future.

Nice one for the increase.
joesshooze (10-12-2013)
Old 10-12-2013

Longevity: 64%

Sweet, go slow.
Old 10-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Congratulations are in order OP!
Old 10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo3 View Post
Whats up guys! I have been away from this forum for a little bit focusing on some SFB things and working on a website ect.

So finally today i decided to take a break and shift my energy over to my first eBay Stealth account made.

I was on a 5/$500 limit
and now, this morning ...
i am on a 100/$5000 limit?

This account was my first stealth created on Aug 17,2013.
It is Paypal verified, with a REAL bank account.

Is this a normal increase?
if you don't mind me asking is it a personal or business account, and how many items have you sold and how many feedback have you received?
Old 10-15-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jack

Make sure you treat this account with respect just the same. I've seen so many people with those increases and go crazy with selling alot of times way to fast. Play it save, and follow the stealth guide. Awesome news though! Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler87 View Post
if you don't mind me asking is it a personal or business account, and how many items have you sold and how many feedback have you received?
Keep in mind that what OP sells is likely different than you Dazzler - setup might also be different
Old 10-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It is a personal account. I have sold maybe 5 items. and i have 6 feedback. At the time that i received my increase.
Old 10-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Dont make another seller's account your yardstick.

Ensure your own account works for you to get increases.
Old 11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo3 View Post
It is a personal account. I have sold maybe 5 items. and i have 6 feedback. At the time that i received my increase.
How have you managed to get 6 feedback from 5 sales lol?
Old 11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
Dont make another seller's account your yardstick.

Ensure your own account works for you to get increases.
I'm not, I know all accounts are different in many ways, just wanted to know that's all so I can have in mind a possibility of maybe when I might get an increase,
Old 11-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
How have you managed to get 6 feedback from 5 sales lol?
Feedback as a buyer I would assume.
Old 11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Feedback as a buyer I would assume.
Good increase then for only having 6 feedback, do you think eBay might trust you more if you buy something and have it delivered as they then know this is your real address?

Just makes me wonder coz they give you a limit increase now buy getting a letter sent to your home address with a confirmation code on it.
Old 11-05-2013

they give you a limit increase now buy getting a letter sent to your home address with a confirmation code on it.

Great. The more I'm reading today bouncing around from board to board the more I see a pattern that proves the data base factor is in use within the U.S. now.

Ebay is not stupid. They know how to bust an account permanently in a heart beat if they wanted to. I am beginning to think that for the longest time they have allowed minimal info to open accounts just to allow the stealth member to spend money getting it going, get some buys and sales in (lots of work, lot's of effort) and then boom, MC999 need to verify your info hoping to discourage you from trying again and again.

Now just to torment the stealth user a little longer all they do is ask the user to repeat/verify what eBay already has on file. Then they waste a little more of the users time asking what you intend to sell, do you possess the items, how did you get these items, blah, blah, blah.

The user tells them what he/she thinks eBay wants to hear and they reinstate selling and the user thinks they beat eBay or at the very least, feel like they just passed their GED.

A little further down the road they will come back to this stealth user.
This time it's: we need a photo id, your SS#, a copy of your utility bill, phone bill and one bank account statement. Don't have it? NARU

That's the end of this account.

Personally I can't figure out why eBay drags my stealth accounts on by MC999'ng me only to ask stupid questions like: What is your full name? What is your home address? Do you live at this address? What is your phone number? Is this a cell phone number?

Why not get it over with and ask for my SS# and a fax of a photo id right from the go and lets get this over with.

New eBay policy may have become "Zero Tolerance" for stealth accounts.

Ebay simply uses data bases used by any major company that needs to do background checks on employees. The same data base you and I might pay for to check out a prospective renter, babysitter or ?

Ebay plugs the stealth account user info in to this database and presto, full name with alias's, current home address and previous address for the past 10 years or so, home phone numbers both current and past known to have been associated to your address as well as who your current and previous lenders are/were concerning loans, be they home loan, car loan, airplane loan, boat loan, whatever. This database also list your families names and addresses and the list of info goes on and on.

So, if this process is our next challenge, I'm anxious to hear how I might be able to answer any of the questions eBay T&S is going to ask me regarding my stealth identity.

I read from a member here that this database program is implemented in Germany. If so, how do they get around this program? I believe the member wrote that they can't. There are no Germany based stealth accounts. Is this true?

While I try my best to remain positive regarding stealth accounts here in the U.S. I do believe eBay is just about done letting new stealth accounts be created by simply demanding information that only the real John Doe would know, end of doubt, end of story.

Anyone else have an opinion about this?

Word's from a famous person:

" I HAVE A DREAM" An online auction site comes along that rapidly attracts eBay's members with slightly lower fee's, they have a fast growing customer base and they treat each individual member as an individual account holder. Each individual is judged by his/her own performance and not by the performance of any other individuals account. Ebay becomes "No Longer A Register User".
Old 11-05-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

They check your information against a public database, but they are not updated in real time it may take a couple months , so if you moved in to a new address the information will not be updated the day you walk in the house, it takes time.

This new heightened security, and i know i keep saying it wont last, they are tightening things up because it is the last and most important quarter in retail sales, without Oct - Nov retail stores would close they get something around 75% of their revenue in the last quarter, now im not exactly sure if that figure is correct with online, But im sure this is the busiest says quarter for online forums as well , now that people shop more and more online

And i just cant imagine them asking for more documents and upping security like this through the whole year, they don't have enough employees to handle whats going on now and with the holidays they are stretched thin, and we all know companies like this are worried about that bottom line so to wipe out all stealth users, which in my opinion are probably some of the best sellers on Ebay, of course their are many people that use this in a negative way like everything else, but all the experienced sellers here are updated daily from sharing experiences on changes how ebay works and everything which makes us way more connected than the average user.

When i had my original account , i only really sold for about 6 weeks were i made 400 sales and i had no idea what a DSR was until i came here i just figured that since i was 100% feedback thats all that mattered when DSRs are more imoportant.

Anyway im just showing how stealth sellers are more on top of their business and make ebay good money along with great customer service, i have 3000 positives spread over many accounts and i have accounts almost a year old and 4 power sellers with many above standard accounts and would of never gotten that without this forum

So as far as them wiping us out completely i don't think that's exactly what they want or are willing to cut back on their profits to achieve this goal

also they are not requiring id on every account made i was asked for id twice last week out of 8 accounts and sent that in the one was reinstated the other they said their still need to verify this is 9 days now, im sure they haven't looked at it because every time i call they have no notes saying my situation or if i sent or even had be requested to provide anything

They gave out huge raises from march to august and now whoever survived is the strongest seller and will be less risk and able to produce better sales for them , those accounts made the cut you could say to participate in this busy retail time of year.

The best way to make accounts is slow, the slower the better i find, if you create your accounts and just make them a buyers account and let them sit , browse and buy, the longer this is done the better, and it takes a few minutes to make an ebay buying account. i find when i do turn them into sellers , they get bigger starting limits, faster raise and are solid accounts because they do not look like someone that is in a panic to get back to making money after being kicked off
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
vetman90 (11-05-2013)
Old 11-05-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

Oh and the confirmation letter for increase is in the Uk not the US for now
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
vetman90 (11-05-2013)