How Do you Deal with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Competition Buyers? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-02-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default How Do you Deal with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Competition Buyers?

* ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is f.a.k.e Why is this word blacklisted?

Dear community!

Not so long ago I started my selling journey on Ebay but after few months I started to feel cruel and jealous world running on very same platform. I still don't understand why are people like that.

I was starting to get a lot of sells from low feedback accounts 0-4 and after they place an order they don't pay you for like 30 days, they don't contact you and what it is most disturbing you can't relist that item because you don't know if they might be real buyers and finally pay for it.

So I assume this ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts are controlled by competition. With this method they could achieve many thing:

1. They take your limited inventory by ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buying activity so they could achieve more dominant and monopolistic role on the market
2. You can't prevent this type of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buying activity because in seller dashboard you have ability only to limit buyers with 1 feedback or lower
3. Once they don't respond/pay for 3 -4 weeks you could be charged from Ebay for the fees
4. Too many open unpaid cases could lead to limiting your account. I guess this is their ultimate goal

How I tried to fight back but not so effectively because stupid Ebay don't provide many options and cares only about buyers and not sellers.

I enabled option where buyers need to pay immediately during checkout.

Problem with that option is that buyer don't have the option to buy multiple items and get combined shipping. So I lost many sells. And for many buyers this option is turn of because they like to pay some other day.

The other problem is that listing your item as auction you obviously don't have this option available and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyers exploit this very much...

So my question is how do you deal with this?

Last edited by Krakatao; 11-02-2013 at 08:01 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: How Do you Deal with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Competition Buyers?

We all get these.

⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts either out to scam you or ruin your reputation.

Here are some temp solutions that I do to stop/slow down the nonsense:

1: If auctions, Check to see who has been bidding on your items in the last few hours of the auction. Any suspicion of NPB, you can remove them and block their accounts from future buying from your account. You avoid the NPC (Non paying cases) against you.

2: If the sales are Buy it Now format, click the box that tells the buyer that they must pay immediately after the auction. This way, you are not losing FVFs and you get a nuisance out of your hair.

I personally do not believe that the NPB cases count negatively against you, But you should wait for others to clarify on this.

Also be warned, There are competitors out there that will bid and buy your items just to leave you a tarnished feedback account.
Old 11-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: How Do you Deal with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Competition Buyers?

Not so long ago I started my selling journey on Ebay but after few months I started to feel cruel and jealous world running on very same platform. I still don't understand why are people like that.

Why do people engage in these tactics? Because they are greedy. They want the sales, but they don't want to have to compete on price. So, they use every dirty trick they can find to hinder other sellers. Usually, this is in the form that you experienced - taking someone's inventory and throwing it in a shopping cart for a few hours. Also, they sometimes try to get other seller's accounts banned.

They THINK they are brilliant, just the SMARTEST people. Until they lose their accounts. And it usually DOES happen.

All you can really do is to enable the feature that requires immediate payment. Yes, you might lose some multiple item sales, true. But that is the tradeoff.

You cannot totally avoid these morons, although, they DO tend to sell in the more popular categories. And many of them are selling counterfeits. Not ALL of them, to be sure, but a LOT of them.