MC999 Your eBay account is restricted - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-06-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default MC999 Your eBay account is restricted

Dear __________,

Thanks for selling on eBay. It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account. Your listings have been removed until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:
link

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a member of our community.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

I have a read a bit on this site regarding this message from eBay. I recently opened a legit account in my name at a new address from a new ip address with all new information. Will eBay ask me general selling questions, ask for an id or utility bill, or as questions from public records? I also believe this was triggered from selling to fast on a new account.

If they ask for questions from public record do I give the correct answers, although the information they ask for to identify me would be that of another accont. Do they make this link? If so, how do I go about getting around the public record questions? Any tips and advice is great.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: MC999 Your eBay account is restricted

Most likely they will ask something like:
Are these items personally yours?
Do you have these items in your possession?

It's going to be impossible for ebay to get any records off public records if your using your real info on a new address, in theory your a whole new person. Did you use your SSN# on your new account?
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
futbolplayer (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013
Threadstarter  

Yes, I did on the new PayPal account. The reason being, I have done this in the past with no issues. And two, I have a legit commerce business where I wrote the software and expect very high volume sales.
Old 11-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbolplayer View Post
Yes, I did on the new PayPal account. The reason being, I have done this in the past with no issues. And two, I have a legit commerce business where I wrote the software and expect very high volume sales.
IS this the cause of the issue or will it allow them to identify me better?
Old 11-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbolplayer View Post
IS this the cause of the issue or will it allow them to identify me better?
Yup....by re-using your SSN# you pretty much just gave them the fastest way to track you.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013
Threadstarter  

I called in an only had to answer simply questions about my selling practices. There are no link to the SSN on my PayPal account. In fact, I had used an SSN that was previously restricted with a prior eBay account with no problem. Perhaps eBay is able to link PayPal and eBay but cannot go as deep as to link the SSN of the PayPal to the prior eBay accounts. Seems like this is just a new practice to make sure people know what they are doing. Ie - do you have the items in your possession? Do you upload tracking information? What type of payments do you accept? Furthermore, the conversation was with someone from a third world country, it shouldn't be to hard to get past the screening. I also has my selling limits increased to 25 after talking to them without requesting. MC999 restricted account until we call to discuss information with your account is no big deal.
Old 11-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
There are no link to the SSN on my PayPal account. In fact, I had used an SSN that was previously restricted with a prior eBay account with no problem. Perhaps eBay is able to link PayPal and eBay but cannot go as deep as to link the SSN of the PayPal to the prior eBay accounts.
Please do not believe this.

Eb/pp share info. There are many posts about this.

The verification process does not mean that they do not look at other things further down the road.

The accounts are linked and you are walking a very fine line at this point.

Does it mean that you will get banned right away? No. Could take days, months or yes, even YEARS before the notice it.

But as always, have back up accounts available.

SSN = No.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yea just because u got by a rep in the Philippines workin for $5 a week reading from a script easy questions doesn't mean your in the clear

Where did u get that idea about they now don't check SS#, that is way off Paypal will go as far and do a credit check on u when u put ur SS# in

And you do know ebay owns paypal right???

It may not be instant but I'm guessing hours to 3 days that the information is checked passed to ebay and ur account suspended that's a 100% link
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (11-07-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Correct, PayPal will indeed check your SSN and run a credit check. If you have not been restricted on PayPal, you can likely get away with the SSN on a new PayPal and that PayPal attached to a new eBay. How do I know? Because I have done this in the past and had no issues for over 2 years. Sure, PayPal is owned by eBay but there is no guarantee their system are in sync nor their employees. In fact, I have had a ebay account suspended, removed the PayPal associated with that eBay to a new eBay account and had no issues for years too. Has anyone else had this type of luck or is it just me? Honestly, I get the impression, though owned by the same company, eBay's and PayPal's systems operated independent of each other
Old 11-08-2013

No u are lucky my original account was suspended but the Paypal is good but before I found this forum I tried everything the days following the suspension and was not able to even link a new ebay account to Paypal when I would try it gave me a system message saying I could not use it for ebay

So I grabbed my girlfriends account and sold on her ebay which was linked to her Paypal but I sent the payments to my paypal for whatever reason and it worked for 3 days I quickly sold 25 items and shut down closed her account which she never used but I was a wrecking machine, oh and I destroyed my brothers account was able to get two sales off and , well that one they just lowered the limits from 10/1000 to 5/500 but that was pretty much a stealth he had a run 3 years and 2008 all the changes and many were wiped out.

So looking back this was just a year ago , I was a walking disaster, I had a perfect account for the whole 6 weeks but was pulling in $10,000 which than thought was great so I called in for a raise got 50 more to 150 than 3 days later needed more and called and they said I needed to wait a day later I felt I was going to die , thank god I found this sight 4 days after and a week after that was up with4 accounts and just keep growing since.

But the tactics your doing will get overlooked if ur lucky but not forever, it's a huge risk, because data automatically flows it's not like an employee from Paypal needs to see a match from a huge stack of files and runs to ebay

It's all automated , ever see how u print a shipping label from ebay and it may take a day 2 days week maybe never to update on the Paypal transaction page and rather than day check tracking says print postage , same concept of the data transfer delay

It is just nice not to wake up and say is this the last day, I wasn't selling for long ( looking back I practiclly waved a sighn saying shut me down but had no clue) just know what my brother went through years ago, and back than it was open no limits holds, I wouldn't of recovered if I started back than
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

My goal is to eventually get a new paypal with a new SSN and a new eBay all together. However, for now I have no means of doing that and since I have been able to fly under the radar doing this, I have to continue this method. The reason being that I run a very high volume drop shipping business and can meet PayPals 20,000 limit, once all limits have been lifted, within a month if not shorter. My company now runs all on software but I messed up a few accounts before I figured out what I was doing, thus making my information "useless." So, this is my reason for needing to supply an SSN. It is my understand that PayPal will not let you just add an EIN they require a SSN as well. Suggestions? I thought about opening an account oversears and selling in the US to avoid an SSN and thus being able to use an EIN but with IP addresses I don't know if this would work.. I can simply go stealthy or I would have to manage 50 accounts and I am not rewriting my software to do that
Old 11-08-2013

You don't need to provide a SS# upfront I never was asked for one in a year of stealth , you can make one big account but you will eventually get suspended and need to stRt all over

So make multiple accounts and spread out ur sales and always make accounts
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

I have a small start up eCommerce company, how do other companies run their large stores without getting restricted. As I mentioned, I run at a 10% margin with my software and can get about 2 million revenues a year. There is no way I can spread this across multiple accounts, it would be too much of a hassle. My software links to the eBay API and runs everything autmatically: the software manages prices, udercuts competitors, uploads tracking information, places orders online with suppliers as orders come through, and automaitcally refunds customers. It is pretty much a self sufficient system that makes me money. Now, how to get an ebay account to support the volume.. my DSRs are above 4.5 and feedback about 99% with this software.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
how do other companies run their large stores without getting restricted.
They get EIN, Business accounts and DBAs.

There are many large companies on ebay that have NEVER provided their SSN and run multimillion dollar accounts easily.

I see you have ghost but you may want to invest in the ebay stealth guide.

Even if you provide your SSN (Yours or another persons) There is NOTHING to stop eb/pp from shutting you down again and then you will be right back in this situation of looking for another SSN to use and try again.

Also, No one here is attacking you, We are just offering you advice on what has been done and happened time and time again to all of us on this board.

Reusing info will link you. Period
Using someone real info is fraud.

There are many ways to open an without ever having to use an SSN.
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Fantastic to hear! I was under the impression, at least what I had read on this site, that it was required to provide an SSN. Furthermore, I have heard of people with only an EIN or ITIN getting limited and PayPal requesting an SSN to lift the limitation. What do these people do in these situations?
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

That can still happen at any time.

You can always get that request from pp. On large accounts or smaller ones doing as little as $5
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

I know PayPal does this once u begin to reach a certain volume, it is almost mandatory. I called in an spoke to a representative once it happened and he told me that an SSN must be added to the EIN to get past the restriction..
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Ebay and paypal will tell you that they will sell their parents and their dogs of every staff member in order to get any type of info out of people.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, you have used a previously used SSN...yes they keep track of this info and only a matter of time before the account COULD be suspended.

Best to begin transition to new STEALTH accounts - can NOT use old past info of any kind.
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
Ebay and paypal will tell you that they will sell their parents and their dogs of every staff member in order to get any type of info out of people.

can you be a little more straightfoward
Old 11-10-2013
Threadstarter  

damn. they got me..
Old 11-10-2013

Longevity: 62%

Just a suggestion, you can get a new SS#. We are all entitled to 3 in our lifetime. Just need the right reason and it's a go.