New eBay Policies under MC999 ??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-19-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default New eBay Policies under MC999 ???

Tried setting up a new stealth account, got the usual MC999, planned to go through the process and came across something new.

Now they've stated a new / recent policy change (that appears to have been applied this month) and are requiring all sellers to link a verified Paypal (with attached bank account) to their seller account otherwise they will remain suspended. I received a few more notices afterwards and it looks like the account is gone. It says 48 hours to call in, but bank verification plays out in 72 hours. This is stupid and doesn't make any sense at all.

All I did was try to list a normal inexpensive accessory. Looks like eBay is going treating their new users like complete ****. Anyone heard of this?

Last edited by exxomscp; 12-19-2013 at 03:39 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2013

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: New eBay Policies under MC999 ???

not heard this? i do know they asked me to attach verified paypal to sale branded items
Old 12-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%

I wonder how they are going to verify the pp account and bank account. Did they require you to submit the documents? Or they just want it see brand new routing number and bank account?
Old 12-19-2013

Longevity: 66%

no idea ,better to ask an expert in this forum
Old 12-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyang2 View Post
I wonder how they are going to verify the pp account and bank account. Did they require you to submit the documents? Or they just want it see brand new routing number and bank account?
It means attaching bank account information to your Paypal, but a pain nonetheless for stealth users.

When calling up they'll ask what items you are selling, etc. I was expecting the usual verification stuff (non-paperwork / non-identity related) that you can just answer over the phone, but then they'll attach on "we need you to link your Paypal account to your eBay account." If your Paypal account is not verified, they say they will suspend your account until it is. This is regardless of the items I tried to sell. The rep told me in her exact words, "this is something we just rolled out" and seemed interested in getting my feedback on this policy. They recorded their notes and afterwards I stayed on hold for 2 hours and never reached a supervisor, got sick of the tune and I just hung up at that point.

Am I being bull****ted? Did I get linked? I've never had to go through this before.. if this is a regular policy during the holiday season, it's going to be a major pain in the ass. I'll be checking the other accounts I've already setup and listed on within' a few days to confirm if this is a permanent problem.

Last edited by exxomscp; 12-19-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-20-2013

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post
Tried setting up a new stealth account, got the usual MC999, planned to go through the process and came across something new.

Now they've stated a new / recent policy change (that appears to have been applied this month) and are requiring all sellers to link a verified Paypal (with attached bank account) to their seller account otherwise they will remain suspended. I received a few more notices afterwards and it looks like the account is gone. It says 48 hours to call in, but bank verification plays out in 72 hours. This is stupid and doesn't make any sense at all.

All I did was try to list a normal inexpensive accessory. Looks like eBay is going treating their new users like complete ****. Anyone heard of this?

Dont worry this is usual on new accounts that start selling, ebay randomly sends you an MC999 restricition for personally review your account when you set it up. Even if your account is suspended from not calling in between 48-72 hours, still give them a call. They will reinstate your account without a problem and will most likely ask you 3-4 general questions, like your goals on ebay, what you plan on selling, etc. Then they will reinstate it, I hope you didnt list high risk items when you first started though, if you did you might have some trouble when calling and they might ask for an invoice of supplier