Item sent, buyer stating item not received. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-08-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Item sent, buyer stating item not received.

Today, was going through one of my stealth accounts and noticed a past sale on the 22nd February 2014. It was not marked as dispatched even though i added tracking reference number when i actually sent it off through Paypal on the day, many of those who do this know that the tracking number automatically gets updated on eBay too (and it marks it as dispatched).

So i marked it as dispatched manually in eBay. Saw the tracking number is still visible on Paypal and the transaction was marked as sent. Couple of hours later (surprise surprise) i got a case opened on eBay stating the buy has not received the item and requests a full refund. The item was shipping via Royal Mail Special Delivery and tracking shows that the recipient initial and surname has signed for the item.

What happens now? And what is the best course of action? Also, do beware of these buyers..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2014

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Item sent, buyer stating item not received.

This happens to me quite a lot of times. I need advice too.
Old 03-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts

Depends on the cost of the item.

If its low end,($10-15) refund and be done with it to get the buyer off your back.

If higher priced, escalate the claim. Tell the buyer that you will work with ebay/paypal to investigate this fraud and the fact that someone is using their surname to sign for items on their behalf.

Either way, block the buyer.

I just had the same thing with someone trying to get over 2 months after the transaction claiming they only received 1 out of 2 items.
its only 1.25 so ill send out another one and block the PITA buyer.
Old 03-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post

If higher priced, escalate the claim. Tell the buyer that you will work with ebay/paypal to investigate this fraud and the fact that someone is using their surname to sign for items on their behalf.

Either way, block the buyer.
I include the buyer in these issues. I mean how horrible someone is using your info & committing mail fraud.

I say I am liaising with ebay co uk, paypal uk & RMS to attempt to resolve mail fraud. Your personal details are included in this claim. I am hoping for quick resolution. () I block after I am satisified
BigCJ (03-08-2014), biglouis999 (03-08-2014), MM78 (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
I include the buyer in these issues. I mean how horrible someone is using your info & committing mail fraud.

I say I am liaising with ebay co uk, paypal uk & RMS to attempt to resolve mail fraud. Your personal details are included in this claim. I am hoping for quick resolution. () I block after I am satisified
So elegant....Greenie always has the best responses.
Old 03-08-2014

Longevity: 86%

I had this happen in the USA TWICE! Tracking shows delivered but buyer claims not to have recieved.

Sent message expressing great concern that "someone dishonest may be operating in your area - possibly a postal employee, neighbour, doorman, etc. Fortunately we have a contact in the US postal inspectorate and will ask him to dispatch an agent to your local depot to qestion the staff who deliver to your zip. I am emailing him a photo of the back and front of the package to help his enquiries. Yadda yadda...."

Both packages turned up "with a neighbour" within 24 hours.

The US postal inspectorate is a very different animal than the Roya Mail and they really do have agents who investigate potential fraud which is a federal crime.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-09-2014), MM78 (03-08-2014)
Old 03-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Been having this issue more and more myself.
Old 03-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Been having this issue more and more myself.
Call their bluff then.

It's part of that professional buyer disease.

Try to avoid letting them get away with anything.

Preferable to not have this happen more than once.
Old 03-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post

So in this case, what should i do next?
Old 03-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Personally I tell the buyer to check with a neighbor etc. Then I tell them if it does not show up on Priority packages now they have a minimum insurance. I tell them I will file a claim with USPS. I also now report the member to eBay for making a false claim about not reviving and item. If it is something that is a recurring theme, I am sure eBay boots them. I also add them to my blocked list.

I can usually tell especially with eBay members who have quite a bit of feedback. Especially when they say the item says it was delivered but they never received it. They will mention something about getting packages all the time and never having this issue. If they don't do that I always think it is a possibly of fraud.

Last edited by vogeltron; 03-09-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-09-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

If there is a signature, (which there is) let the buyer esculate the claim. You will 100% win.

Ebay will side in your favour, your funds will no longer be held and no marks will go against your account.
Old 03-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
If there is a signature, (which there is) let the buyer esculate the claim. You will 100% win.

Ebay will side in your favour, your funds will no longer be held and no marks will go against your account.
True but buyer can still hurt you with DSRS and negative feedback.
Old 03-09-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
true, but as the item was sent special delivery, it is obviously of some worth. As far as the postal system/ebay are concerned the transaction has been completed.

If the buyer hits the dsr's, you'd have a strong case for removing them speaking to customer services (ireland branch)
Old 03-09-2014

Longevity: 63%

Going through the same. A little different. USPS might have delivered item without scanning package. It was only scanned at original departure in sort facility.

Buyer opened a case 2 days past normal delivery. I shipped a replacement item. I will wait for the next story.
Old 03-09-2014

Longevity: 86%

The thing is that if the post office reports the item "delivered" then they will not entertain a claim for reimbursement. Nor will Paypal or Ebay. I tell the buyer "sorry but my insurers will not authorise a refund unless you can produce definitive documentary evidence of non receipt. The ball is then in their court."

So this s a great incentive for them to get up off their ass and look for it by asking neighbours, etc.

The cases I had in an earlier posting were on Etsy. One buyer first opened a case but Etsy closed it when I entered the tracking # which showed "delivered". Then the buyer reprted it was "with a neighbour" who had taken it in and forgotten it.

I did once (as a buyer) have a courier wrongly deliver a package to my dishonest neighbour who signed for it and kept it! Seeing that it was delivered and signed for I eventually spoke to the courier who told me where it was. I went round to claim it with a BIG mate dressed as a biker wearing his black gear with the skulls on it. She very quickly produced it when I told her I had just spoken to courier. I think my mates steel shod boot in her door was a great incentive to go and fetch it.

Now when I am expecting a package I pin a note on my door " PLEASE BANG LOUDLY THERE IS SOMEONE IN. DO not leave at no XXX - not honest"

Last edited by biglouis999; 03-09-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

I actually got something similar to this a couple weeks ago. Buyer opened a not received claim on me. I Called eBay and they looked into it right away. They ruled in my favor within 2 seconds because they looked at the tracking and saw that it has been delivered to the verified PayPal address. My money was released. It was really easy actually. The funny thing is this acct just got suspended, but not from this case of course. What happened to they buyer I have no idea and eBay isn't going to tell you anything. But judging how eBay favors buyers, the buyer probably got his money back.
Old 03-09-2014

Longevity: 58%
Send a message via AIM to MDThedoc

Lets get something straight here before getting into it.

If the buyer's address is confirmed and the tracking number says delviered, you win automatically.

BUT, like vogeltron mentioned, there is still the case of the buyer getting angry and leaving negative feedback or leaving terrible DSR's, which can kill you in the end.

SO, like BigCJ mentioned in post 3 on this board, if the item is $10 or under (or hell, even $20 or under) just refund them. Preventing a negative feedback or bad DSR's is worth the $20 to me to be honest.
Old 03-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
I actually got something similar to this a couple weeks ago. Buyer opened a not received claim on me. I Called eBay and they looked into it right away. They ruled in my favor within 2 seconds because they looked at the tracking and saw that it has been delivered to the verified PayPal address. My money was released. It was really easy actually. The funny thing is this acct just got suspended, but not from this case of course. What happened to they buyer I have no idea and eBay isn't going to tell you anything. But judging how eBay favors buyers, the buyer probably got his money back.
Thats funny Glacier. Long time ago I had 2 VERO items and yes they were not authentic. The buyer had actually waited til day 45 to filed a claim through PP, not EB. First they claim that item is not as described and counterfeit. So I said "Fine, send it back, I will issue a refund as long as they are still new and in good condition." They sent it back. It had dirt and grime in it and stunk of poop smoke (thats when the smoke is so nasty that it just smells worse than normal smoke) I called PP and told them everything. The PP rep was all on my side. But what they did was refund both of us our money. Even though the item was not authentic, I was still pissed that they got their money back. Anyhow the point is that both parties got refunded.
Old 03-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Not anymore ;-)

Taken from the feedback removal help page under "Feedback that's unrelated to a seller's performance."

When eBay may remove or adjust Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay Feedback Removal
This type of Feedback may be removed:

Negative or neutral Feedback left when the seller won an eBay Money Back Guarantee case or PayPal Buyer Protection case.
Had a buyer leave me negative once before so I contacted eBay about it and they swiftly removed the negative feedback.

In cases like this, just try to work with the buyer and ask them to check with their neighbours or if anyone else in the house may of signed on his/her behalf. If things don't pick, escalate the case and eBay should close the case in your favour, they may ask for proof of posting before deciding so make sure you still have your post office receipt with the tracking number.
Old 03-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglouis999 View Post
The thing is that if the post office reports the item "delivered" then they will not entertain a claim for reimbursement.

Very good wording. One of the buyers I am having this problem with I will essentially say this exact thing. I already told them to ask neighbors etc. I will file a claim with USPS.

It really is just so hard to say because one time I really did have an item that said delivered that I never got. But there are so many people just trying to test you. It is so hard to say.

Obviously, the fact the buyer can leave you a negative feedback and bad DSRs and you can't do anything in return to out them. Is why eBay is so lopsided.
Old 03-10-2014

Longevity: 59%

This same sort of thing happened to me and it was obviously a scam & so unfair but I have always just have them the dumb refund because any time I tried to fight it lead to negative feedback which lead to worse. So unfair!