New eBay Performance Standards, are they serious ?!? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: New eBay Performance Standards, are they serious ?!?

I will add that on 2 very high selling accounts I have been given an extra 1 year courtesy that I will not be affected by new rules. So obviously something directed at smaller sellers.

Some accounts 3 extra months grace period.

ebay tends to go hard with changes and then backs-off a bit the following updates. If you can make it through it might get a bit easier. Maybe why bigger sellers getting an extra year?

Old 07-23-2014

Longevity: 90%
Exclamation Re: New eBay Performance Standards, are they serious ?!?

Let's face it. There are too many products listed by too many sellers, market is absolutely saturated. If Ebay doesn't get rid of most small to medium sellers it will fail. Honestly I think this is the primary reason why for the past 2 years we aren't able to make as much profit as we used to 4 years ago. I know it's difficult to admit and we would rather blame eBay for slow sales but this is the conclusion I came to. Yes they are throttling sales, turning on and off visibility, suspending ebay sellers left and right. Why would the do it if not because of what I previously stated? And I doubt they care about big name stores anymore, that's not why they punish small to medium sellers.

PS: Consider yourselves lucky that they haven't ceased registration altogether. I have said it few years ago. I think one day eBay registration is going to be closed and it's going to be either by invite only or you will have to be real brick and mortar business in order to sell on eBay.

Last edited by stanislav; 07-23-2014 at 11:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stanislav For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-08-2014)
Old 07-24-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Honestly I was thinking some what the same as Stanis...

It's saturated, but perhaps they'll make a 2nd eBay site for new members.

Either way, we are still rather concerned for the defect rate coming Aug 20th, SPECIALLY
when sales are down in july by a large margin and thus we are not getting enough feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (07-25-2014)
Old 07-24-2014

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Honestly I was thinking some what the same as Stanis...

It's saturated, but perhaps they'll make a 2nd eBay site for new members.

Either way, we are still rather concerned for the defect rate coming Aug 20th, SPECIALLY
when sales are down in july by a large margin and thus we are not getting enough feedback
The only feedbacks I get from my customers are negative. For the first time someone literally told me to "**** off!" I never reported this buyer but maybe I will. Yes sales are down again by a large margin after a week or 2 of relatively good sales. Since March sales because incrementally worse, especially since May. Currently I sell 3 - 4 times more products and still barely make it. I believe partially because eBay intentionally is terrorizing almost every small to medium seller so they leave eBay before new policies will set forth. Once August 20th evaluation come forth more sellers will either leave or get suspended.
Old 07-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

On the bright side they will be so flooded with calls and complaints they will be too busy to deal with stealth accounts for a while....
Geegee83 (08-08-2014)
Old 07-25-2014

Longevity: 76%

Why buy on ebay? If was not for my nephew wanting few toys can only find on ebay I never buy. I also go there for old movies can not find on Amazon.

12-13 years ago what I spent at Amazon I used to spend at ebay.

Why support company thats limited hundreds of my PayPal accounts over the years? They are heartless company getting what deserved. Over 4 years ago they limited me second day of two month hospital stay after stroke. My income fell 90% at time need it most. Took me 4 years get income back to what it was thanks to this site.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjohnson777 For This Useful Post:
mattmayes (07-27-2014)
Old 07-25-2014

Longevity: 78%

Your defect rate is simply the percentage of your transactions over the most recent evaluation period

Am i reading this wrong or does this mean you start with a clean slate after each evaluation?
Old 07-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson777 View Post
Why buy on ebay? If was not for my nephew wanting few toys can only find on ebay I never buy. I also go there for old movies can not find on Amazon.

12-13 years ago what I spent at Amazon I used to spend at ebay.

Why support company thats limited hundreds of my PayPal accounts over the years? They are heartless company getting what deserved. Over 4 years ago they limited me second day of two month hospital stay after stroke. My income fell 90% at time need it most. Took me 4 years get income back to what it was thanks to this site.
I buy regularly on Amazon. For me I find everything I'm looking for. But it is a little screwy how their search results work. Still doesn't make sense to me sometimes.
Old 07-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
Your defect rate is simply the percentage of your transactions over the most recent evaluation period

Am i reading this wrong or does this mean you start with a clean slate after each evaluation?
Like I've said before, by from yourself. It stretches out the percentages in your favor in almost any scenario of sales volume.
If you do it slowly, stretched out over time, it ends out to be free and safe.
Old 07-27-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I don't like that competitors can damage my account with a simple low rating of something you cant hardly even see.... Such as shipping time, etc.... Another point added without really knowing who is doing the damage.

There will be some pushback on next update I don't doubt, by then the damage may already be done.

I am excluded from the new rules until March 2015 on some account as per ebay. So I might need to blow it out for this season....

I am seriously thinking of getting out....
I agree, its not worth it anymore.
Old 07-27-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
You just got to buy from yourself....I do it all the time to push bad FB down the page a bit. They warn you so... it's so easy.
If your lucky enough to play the account right, get higher limits sure. Otherwise your stuck on a 12-12 range and have no chance.
Old 08-07-2014

Longevity: 62%

Going below standard on the 20th too. Till now my account has been flawless. I do the impossible and never had an unhappy customer. I got thousands of sales and a six figure limit. It turned out that closing the cases fast is a problem. My experience in retail has taught me that unhappy customers are like fire and have to be put out fast, so in many occasions I just issue a refund. Now that's a defect. So I'm being punished for providing great service. I mean not ebays sick ideas of great service, but really great, real life great service. I think this is a turning point for ebay. They will either fix it (yea right) or start their long journey down with amazon pushing them behind. Just ask yourselves, where do you buy your stuff? On ebay ? I don't think so.

We run several businesses and pay 20 salaries, but the more I sell in ebay the more I feel like an employee. Maybe a part if their sick plans is to stress out sellers so much so they can take away their creativity. If you got brains and are creative, sooner or later you will realize that this is a big illusion and that it's setting you back, not moving you forward. If you're not creative, you'll just pay the 15% fees and go nowhere.

If someone hasn't understood the changes, EACH case now counts against you.if you want it to not, you have to escalate it and prove yourself right.
The Following User Says Thank You to baigosho For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-08-2014)