WHY?! MC999 Listing removed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-12-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default WHY?! MC999 Listing removed

OKay this is not the first time I have seen this message but today it really ticked me off I have 80 feedbacks all 100% selling in the phone case category I see a guy currently on ebay selling the same item but unauthentic and he has sold 150 without a problem how does this make any sense? why is he not being harassed and I am?

Note: I have several friends with account and when they try to post the item for a 5 day duration auction it gets removed in 12 hours.. mind you they never have sold in the phone case category ever.

My account I have sold 5-10 items but received only positive feedback.

Any help will be greatly appreciated sadly this is my only source of income and Im just trying to make a living any help will be appreciated seriously thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: WHY?! MC999 Listing removed

There is no rhyme or reason on why or who they get. They say you are not being targeted after you get a MC999, but you are being targeted. As far as why you got MC999, either a bot got you or someone reported you. If you relist shortly after being MC999'ed, then you are going to get hit again. Doesn't matter if it is authentic or not. All it takes is a company that does not want their stuff sold on eBay or a company that just does not want YOU selling it on eBay.
Old 03-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
There is no rhyme or reason on why or who they get. They say you are not being targeted after you get a MC999, but you are being targeted. As far as why you got MC999, either a bot got you or someone reported you. If you relist shortly after being MC999'ed, then you are going to get hit again. Doesn't matter if it is authentic or not. All it takes is a company that does not want their stuff sold on eBay or a company that just does not want YOU selling it on eBay.

Okay if they dont want there item being sold on ebay the guy selling 145 of that item in the past 6 days and only geting 3 feedbacks so far from all of those..

I have tried selling the item on my buddys account just 1 and it got removed thats why Im not sure whats happening how do you avoid the bots? I know its not the owners of the company reporting my listing 100% sure
Old 03-12-2014

Longevity: 58%

I've seen a lot of similar things happen (happened to me and I only sell authentic items).

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-13-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

The phone category has become rather competitive and random.
I do not know how you listed the items, but it could be something you might have over looked.

So no matter what, let the account cool down for a few months and use a different account
Old 03-12-2014
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Ebay has been going a little overboard with MC999s listing removed. Best bet is to open more accounts and spread sales more.
Old 03-12-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi View Post
OKay this is not the first time I have seen this message but today it really ticked me off I have 80 feedbacks all 100% selling in the phone case category I see a guy currently on ebay selling the same item but unauthentic and he has sold 150 without a problem how does this make any sense? why is he not being harassed and I am?

Note: I have several friends with account and when they try to post the item for a 5 day duration auction it gets removed in 12 hours.. mind you they never have sold in the phone case category ever.

My account I have sold 5-10 items but received only positive feedback.

Any help will be greatly appreciated sadly this is my only source of income and Im just trying to make a living any help will be appreciated seriously thank you.

Conflicting info. You state you have 80 feedbacks all in the phone case category. Then you state you have 5-10 feedbacks.

Phone category is watched like a hawk and if you only have 5-10 feedback and not the 80 then you account is too new to be selling is a very risky category.

Maybe he is not stealth and can do this with no problems. Or he has high feedback and time behind his account.

If you account has 80 then you got reported. If it has 5-10 then you got picked up because of low feedback and a newer account in this area.

Is yours authentic and how do you know his is not?
Old 03-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I don't know why eBay removed your listing, but you mentioned you have tried the listing on multiple accounts, with the same result. This tells me it will be difficult to sell this particular item on eBay.

Yes, there ARE others listing it and THEY are not being bothered and NO, it is NOT fair. But that is reality. Who knows why they are allowed to sell? My guess is eBay will get them eventually, or maybe the brand owner has given them permission to sell. If their items are not genuine, it wouldn't be the first time a brand owner was duped into allowing the sale of counterfeits.

If it were me, I would be trying to find other venues to sell these on AND I would be looking for other things to sell on eBay. In my business, I treat it as a sales organization. I don't care WHAT we sell (as long as it is legal) as long as we are making a decent profit. If eBay does not like one of my items, then so be it. I move on.

Trying to figure out why others are allowed to sell this and you are not will just drive you crazy and it is NOT going to lead you to profits. You can report the other sellers, complain to eBay, write your Congressman and complain to your mama, but it will not help. Believe me, we have all been there at one time or another. Sure, it feels lousy - nobody likes to think they are being singled out, treated unfairly or discriminated against. Take comfort in the fact that it is not personal, it is just eBay being eBay.

I also believe they are going to get worse. They are DESPERATELY trying to be more like Amazon, and their new way of rating TRS just sucks! So, everything is tightening up.
Old 03-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

How do you know he is not being harassed? Stop wasting time on another seller. It overloads you with envy and is counterproductive for you.

Check him in 3 months and see if he is active. He may be running another account & has some creds with ebay.

You have to work on nuturing your own account. Look at adding other 'safe' items. Get the account going strongly.

Dont for one moment think I do not understand about ebay being an only source of income.
These days, hard work is needed to get on top of them.

Only you yourself can do that.

Good Luck.

Old 03-13-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Okay if they dont want there item being sold on ebay the guy selling 145 of that item in the past 6 days and only geting 3 feedbacks so far from all of those..

I have tried selling the item on my buddys account just 1 and it got removed thats why Im not sure whats happening how do you avoid the bots? I know its not the owners of the company reporting my listing 100% sure
You can't go by another account , the other account is most likely older, which makes it more stable and lower risk to eBay

On a new account or an account with no track record it's hard to sell

You need to start slow and not plan on making money till after 90 days
Old 03-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, just because a 'guy' has success selling on eB, doesnt mean that you will be able to achieve the same. Study his listings and see how it works - trial and error.

Phone category is always risky and your competition is fierce
Old 03-14-2014

Longevity: 59%

ebay is a battleground. most bulk sellers are cutthroat. it sucks but thats the way it is. they will report you to get their crap sold.

online battle of survival of the fittest it seems

had other sellers call ebay against me just to get crap taken down.
Old 03-14-2014

Longevity: 79%

Stealth leads to wealth....stealth leads to wealth...repeat that to a beat...and you'll sell after the final bell...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nerdydood For This Useful Post:
keepongoing (03-17-2014), Lolitax (03-15-2014)