Can anyone advise? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-15-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Can anyone advise?

Hi there I am looking to get back on ebay after being suspended years ago.I have been selling on amazon and through my website for a while but I want to get back on the ebay market!

The bank account I use is a business one that is under my friends address as his address is my 'office' so its under my name but his address. The debit card etc is in my name.

The question I ask is can I open a brand new ebay/paypal all in my friends details but using this bank account? Am I right in thinking that paypal don't check the name on the account so I could put my friends name where it asks for the name? What about the debit card when it asks to link that can I link the debit card without them knowing that the name is different on the account somehow?

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Can anyone advise?

the bank is in your name, then it is yours really and you can add it to an account.

Do not open an ebay/paypal in your friends details, any issues with it could end up on him.

read the forum but you need all new details from the banned account. Some people do
decide to keep their real name. others go stealth name or go for a business name.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-15-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Hi there thanks for your reply. If I remember correctly though does nt the Stealth Book tell you its better to use a friends or familys details when opening a new ebay account as its easier to get limits increased etc? my friends got no intentions of ever using ebay or paypal so it would not effect him if the account ran into trouble

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%

How about you re-read what the Stealth Book say carefully?

I think you'll find out more otherwise.
Old 03-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Since the book was written, we have moved away from this method.

I strongly suggest re-reading the post by oompalooma.

I will reply to your 1st post in a bit.

(MUST drink coffee )
Old 03-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post

(MUST drink coffee )
ok thank you
Old 03-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post

(MUST drink coffee )
Ill be honest iv always used a friends or family members details when using stealth and its always worked? Is there a reason why the regulars on the forum have moved away from this?

Iv got this bank account and desperate for a paypal so can get started asap lol so any advice will be took on board!!

Another thing greenie iv got a unlimited 7 year old ebay account with high 100%feedback I can use off an old friend that's been sat doing nothing for a couple of years. it will mean using different details for the ebay and paypal is this a big no no? If theres no way it will work ill bite the bullet and start a brand new account it would just give my business a massive headstart.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give as always greenie enjoy your coffee im now heading to bed so I will talk tomorrow
Old 03-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

I used my sisters details and I got her details banned, admittedly I did this before I joined the forum, and I know now that I could have held the account together if I knew what I know now. The family joke was that she had to get married and move in order to get another ebay account.

So what forumers are saying to you, is that there are risks to using family/ friends details, what you do is up to you, if you know what went wrong before and do not repeat it then maybe you can.....but family/friends details are the very last ones I would ever use, I personally would either re-hash my own details or do a business name.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-16-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb2 View Post
Ill be honest iv always used a friends or family members details when using stealth and its always worked? Is there a reason why the regulars on the forum have moved away from this?

Iv got this bank account and desperate for a paypal so can get started asap lol so any advice will be took on board!!

Another thing greenie iv got a unlimited 7 year old ebay account with high 100%feedback I can use off an old friend that's been sat doing nothing for a couple of years. it will mean using different details for the ebay and paypal is this a big no no? If theres no way it will work ill bite the bullet and start a brand new account it would just give my business a massive headstart.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give as always greenie enjoy your coffee im now heading to bed so I will talk tomorrow
What will you do if 1) you are asked to provide ID for the account? 2) other members want to work with eB/pp but find out that you have already used their info and all your accounts get limited? 3) family/friends decide to sue you for Id theft...

Questions like this are why we stay away from using family and friend info
Old 03-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What will you do if 1) you are asked to provide ID for the account? 2) other members want to work with eB/pp but find out that you have already used their info and all your accounts get limited? 3) family/friends decide to sue you for Id theft...

Questions like this are why we stay away from using family and friend info
Hi there thanks for the reply.

If you are asked for I.d you can use your friends legit I.d that's why the Stealth Book said that it was always best to try use a friend or family members details however I can see things have evolved now and people are not doing that these days
Old 03-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

But you're still using friend's ID...even if they say ok why do you want to mess with a real person's ID? And...well, if you get into trouble with accounts then your friend is involved.

Yes Stealth Book said things along that but it's very doable these days to just make up names.
Old 03-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

your friend lets you have his identity for free inc. the liabilties, good friend.....people do not realise the downside to this, so explain it, maybe get a signed agreement.
I personally would not do that for anyone other than a close relative, eg.son/daughter and only if all other avenues exhausted and it was an emergency eg. their livelihood depended on it....