No Returns/Exchanges yet ebay disagrees - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%
Default No Returns/Exchanges yet ebay disagrees

On all my listings I have always selected No Returns/Exchanges on my listings. Now on all my listings it says buyer did not specify a return policy you are still covered under eBays Buyer protection policy. Another way eBay is trying to screw me over!!! All my listings they changed it to this even if I got back and try to edit them it shows that I selected the No Returns/Exchanges. WTF IS THEIR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

Having two buyers now want to return items saying Return Policy was not stated. What a bunch of SHYSTERS eBay is.

Last edited by vogeltron; 03-20-2014 at 11:02 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%
Default re: No Returns/Exchanges yet ebay disagrees

You have been here long enough to have known that eBay frowns upon no return.
And even IF you say no return, you know that eBay will still side with buyers and have them returned it to you.

you have ABSOLUTELY no say.
Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%

I think that is the default message when you choose "no returns accepted". Technically, if you do not take returns, there is no return policy. So eBay puts that so buyers are not scared away by thinking they are not protected. IMO
Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This is new to me. Because in the past it always said. No Returns/Exchanges. Then all the stuff about still protected by Buyer Protection if not as described etc. I am calling up eBay later to bitch at them. This is big time B.S.

I disagree. If you select No Returns/Exchanges that is your Policy.

So messed up. eBay has a big fit a few years ago you need to select a return policy. Then now you select one and they go all shyster like this. WTF.
Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I noticed it also on my stealths that I have no returns for. It was a new listing and not a re-list. So I know I selected no returns, but then saw the same thing you did. Thats why I assume what I said above.
Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I noticed it also on my stealths that I have no returns for. It was a new listing and not a re-list. So I know I selected no returns, but then saw the same thing you did. Thats why I assume what I said above.
Yea, all my listings. Even if I got back and edit them it says that I have selected No Returns/Exchanges but eBay has defaulted it to the other message.

I understand what you are saying. Just B.S how eBay is doing this bait and switch thing.

They do the same thing with by selecting Priority Mail. They tell buyers it is an expedited service. Then gives them an estimated delivery date. God knows how many times I had buyers complain during the Holidays about items being a day late because of weather or just traffic etc. Even though I ship out daily. So I changed all my listings to Standard Shipping.

Ridiculous what they are doing.
Old 03-20-2014

Longevity: 59%

you might as well say returns accepted because it doesnt matter, their site and they can force your hand. no returns is a nice thought but never gonna happen with a disgruntled buyer and cases
Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@vogeltron - sadly - even if you state No return policy...eB doesnt recognize this and allows for returns - it's a sh*tty part of the platform.

It is a BAIT AND SWITCH - useless tab
Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I know you the buyer can still force your hand. But it is much easier to dictate your terms with them when you have a no return policy. You can say I am making an exception. You are responsible for return shipping, original shipping won't be refunded. This is such B.S.
Old 03-20-2014

Longevity: 58%

always have to accept returns as protects buyer against item not as desribed
Old 03-21-2014

op......what are you selling.
Old 03-21-2014

Longevity: 86%

I was reading about this on seller central recently. A number of sellers were complaining about it, including the fact that listings for items already sold had been altered retrospectively!

One seller remarked that since the contract has already been made between buyer and seller for Ebay to alter it retrospectively was a violation of CA law.
Old 03-21-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@vogeltron - sadly - even if you state No return policy...eB doesnt recognize this and allows for returns - it's a sh*tty part of the platform.

It is a BAIT AND SWITCH - useless tab
What he said ^^^^^^^ had a eb allow it at over 50 days and used now! Oh well, live and accept it's part of the game.
Old 03-21-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2005 View Post
op......what are you selling.
The items that I normally have No Return/Exchange policy are clothing items.

Most my problems come from people who don't read. Then they try to say the sizing was wrong and blame me. So I started including measurements on every item. Lots of pics and always say please compare to something you own before purchasing. That has mostly rid that problem. But you still get those few buyers that try to push it. Having eBay change that from not saying No Returns/Exchanges is not good. I would rather lose out on sales than deal with people who buy items knowing they are likely to return them.

I don't do returns/exchanges on clothing because half the time they come back with the tags missing. Factory bags missing. I have gotten a few back that smell like Cigarettes a couple like Marijuana. So a few years ago I decided that is it. I am going with a No Return/No Exchanges of course unless there is some kind of defect or issue on my end.

Last edited by vogeltron; 03-21-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2014

Longevity: 86%

I have an open returns policy whereby any item may be returned for any reason so long as:-

#1 item is in same condition as sent

#2 buyer notifies me by email or internal message within 7 business days.

#3 buyer uses tracked shipping

However return shipping is down to the buyer and I dont refund original shipping unless the reason for return is DIRECTLY due to my error - such as I substantially mid-described or sent a wrong item.

As most of my business is international I get very few returns. My buyers (mostly in USA) get a nasty shock when they get to the post office and find out how much it will cost them for return tracked shipping. So I hear no more about it.

In fact the only returns Ive had was when the buyer changed their mind while the package was still in transit or it came too late for their special event. In that case I tell them to refuse delivery so they dont have to pay for its return.

However I dont refund until I get the item back.

So offering an open return policy can, in fact, mean that you do get very few returns,

Last edited by biglouis999; 03-22-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-22-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

They shouldn't even have that option, I feel like it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗, the buyer can do whatever they want, eBay Is so animate now about that 100% money back guarantee, that it makes no sense when we create the listings to even have to specify returns

No Matter what we put in that box, if a buyer does not,want the order for any reason we know that they will end up getting there money back and quite possibly even keeping the item

I have received empty boxes in the mail on returns before, and as soon as the tracking says delivered the funds are sent over and before that they are held

So as far as return policy the seller has no say, it may act as a deterrent for some honest buyers out there , but when a buyer is angry and wants a return whether they are in the wrong or not , they open eBay cases , paypal cases , basically cause world war 3 and of course the seller is always left with nothing
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Lolitax (03-24-2014)
Old 03-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

eB really needs a return policy geared to categories...i mean clothing wth...refunds allowed on clothing that has been tried and worn...dangerous hygiene issues.
Old 03-22-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%

I believe there's actually a law that says you can't return Clothes , wigs and things like that due to hygiene, however that doesn't stop eBay from doing what they want to do
until they get sued for this one day.
Old 03-22-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I believe there's actually a law that says you can't return Clothes , wigs and things like that due to hygiene, however that doesn't stop eBay from doing what they want to do
until they get sued for this one day.
Surely you jest. Being sued (hundreds perhaps thousands of times already) hasn`t deterred them in the least. Especially as long as they have a puppet governor at the helm.
Old 03-24-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
They shouldn't even have that option, I feel like it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗, the buyer can do whatever they want, eBay Is so animate now about that 100% money back guarantee, that it makes no sense when we create the listings to even have to specify returns

No Matter what we put in that box, if a buyer does not,want the order for any reason we know that they will end up getting there money back and quite possibly even keeping the item

I have received empty boxes in the mail on returns before, and as soon as the tracking says delivered the funds are sent over and before that they are held

So as far as return policy the seller has no say, it may act as a deterrent for some honest buyers out there , but when a buyer is angry and wants a return whether they are in the wrong or not , they open eBay cases , paypal cases , basically cause world war 3 and of course the seller is always left with nothing

I totally agree with you. If eBay is not going to honor the store policies sellers create why even have them? If they are going to override the sellers return policies they need to x that feature out, because at the end if the day it's ignored anyway.
Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: No Returns/Exchanges yet ebay disagrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
This is new to me. Because in the past it always said. No Returns/Exchanges. Then all the stuff about still protected by Buyer Protection if not as described etc. I am calling up eBay later to bitch at them. This is big time B.S.

I disagree. If you select No Returns/Exchanges that is your Policy.

So messed up. eBay has a big fit a few years ago you need to select a return policy. Then now you select one and they go all shyster like this. WTF.
WTFudge have you been for the past year?

Numerous posts around where ebay has sided with buyers DESPITE sellers saying no returns.

Not new. Other sellers have had their faces kicked by ebay ( Because of buyers) and been penalised with rulings against them.
There are posts here saying do not expect ebay to pay any attention to your refund policy...
Old 03-24-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: No Returns/Exchanges yet ebay disagrees

I am shocked that so many of you say no returns. Everyone knows buyers effectively have a 45 day guarentee with anything they buy.

In the uk atleast you have the distance selling regulations where anything can be returned for any reason in x amount of days.

Iit can be annoying excepting returns when you get excuses, but you have to consider the cost of returns when pricing your items. Atleast, thats what I consider good ractice.