eBay Returns - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%
Default eBay Returns

I have a buyer that opened a return case in the resolution centre stating he had changed his mind.

I accepted the return over two weeks ago and to date the buyer has not returned the item.

Is there a timescale to this before I can cancel this return or how long does the buyer have to actually post the item back?

Any input would be appreciated as I am uncomfortable with having a return case sitting open for so long.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

You can go within EB resolution centre on this case & it will give you your options & timescales.

You can contact EB chat about this issue & discuss this directly with them. They will be able to help you.

I would imagine you've messaged the buyer to request the item return tracker information ???
Old 06-28-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

There are no options available in the resolution centre. It states "awaiting buyer's response". I can process the refund but obviously I won't do that until I have the item back.

I have emailed the buyer several times asking what his intentions are regarding the return - no response.
Old 06-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Oh, sorry.....aside from EB chat, this is how I am seeing this:

The ball is in the buyer's court. No return = No refund.

If they opened the dispute through eBay they will have the option to escalate 8 days after opening. If they don't then it should time out after around 20 days. If they do escalate & it's found in their favour they will be told to return, via trackable method at their own expense before the refund is given.

They have upto 45 days to file a dispute.

If you have already stated in the dispute console asking them to return, then it's up to them to return the item to you.

eBay don't get involved unless the buyer escalates the dispute after 8 days of opening. If they claim they have returned, then they will need to provide a tracking number which shows delivery/attempted delivery back to you.

*redacted source

Last edited by SUVE; 06-28-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-28-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%

I believe there is a certain time frame where he has to provide tracking info of the return. If not the case will be closed. I want to say it is 21 days but i am not exactly sure. I had this happen to me a long time ago. But that was with pp. Not sure how john doe works.
Old 06-28-2012

Longevity: 74%

do you have a hold on this payment?

don't worry about it,if he don't respond the case automatically will be closed after (i think) 45 days.and wouldn't count against you.and hold will be removed as well .
Old 06-28-2012

Longevity: 75%

I hate when buyers are so retarded and stupid. eBay is so pathetic dammit, Every time i check my email and i see in the header "Returns" I get so pissed off
Old 06-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

@Nissan2nr22, Yeah problem is those stupid buyers have "Ebay" on their side to help them with their stupidity. Joke's on us I guess.
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

For disputes: it's 10 days via Paypal, and no definite time limit on Ebay ( that I know of ).

If somebody has a concrete answer with facts to back up on Ebay, please share.

Last edited by mercurial333; 06-29-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

^^^^

Timelines: UK Buyers POV
You can open a case 3 days after the estimated delivery date of an item or 7 days after of making payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date. A case has to be submitted within 45 days from the date of payment.

The seller has 8 days from the time you open the case to reply.

You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please contact eBay through the Resolution Centre, & we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund.

In the rare situation where a seller doesn't reply to you or follow through, eBay will review the case upon your request.

-
-
Request a return in our Resolutions Centre
To start a return, open a return case in our Resolution Centre. This will automatically send out an email to the seller to inform them that your case will be tracked.

Start a return
Timeline: Up to 35 days after the purchase date. In respect of most Buy It Now items, business sellers are legally required to accept a cancellation, if you communicate your cancellation within 7 days after you received the item. In certain circumstances, the cancellation period can be even longer. Learn more about the Distance Selling Regulations.

***pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/return-item.html
***pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/resolving-problems.html

Last edited by SUVE; 06-29-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVE View Post
^^^^

Timelines: UK Buyers POV
You can open a case 3 days after the estimated delivery date of an item or 7 days after of making payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date. A case has to be submitted within 45 days from the date of payment.

The seller has 8 days from the time you open the case to reply.

You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please contact eBay through the Resolution Centre, & we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund.

In the rare situation where a seller doesn't reply to you or follow through, eBay will review the case upon your request.

-
-
Request a return in our Resolutions Centre
To start a return, open a return case in our Resolution Centre. This will automatically send out an email to the seller to inform them that your case will be tracked.

Start a return
Timeline: Up to 35 days after the purchase date. In respect of most Buy It Now items, business sellers are legally required to accept a cancellation, if you communicate your cancellation within 7 days after you received the item. In certain circumstances, the cancellation period can be even longer. Learn more about the Distance Selling Regulations.

That's for return requests, I was referring to disputes.
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

^^ ^^
The Op's very first post:
Quote:
I have a buyer that opened a return case in the resolution centre stating he had changed his mind. I accepted the return over two weeks ago and to date the buyer has not returned the item.
My very first reply to this thread came from a UK EB forum admin for the exact situation the seller is facing-buyer wants refund but has not returned item:
The time frame of 45 days is the deadline within which a buyer has to open up a case, after 8 days they can escalate it & 20 day period to respond (source: ebay forum admin).

The seller's best recourse would actually be to email eb directly or open up a 'contact us' communication within his eb to discuss this directly or engage eb chat to determine the exact information.

Last edited by SUVE; 06-29-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What's the point of all this?

Right at this point this is a RETURN that has not yet escalated to a dispute.

Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What's the point of all this?

Right at this point this is a RETURN that has not yet escalated to a dispute.

Yes, spot on. There is no dispute, escalated or otherwise.

I am just wanting to know if there is a timescale that the buyer has to return the item after I have agreed to accept it. If the buyer never actually returns the item, surely the return case doesn't stay open and I can't do anything about it.

Hopefully the buyer will get in touch over the weekend and will confirm if they are still intending to return the item.
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You should be able to close a cancel transaction after 7 days - what`s the problem?
Old 06-29-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You should be able to close a cancel transaction after 7 days - what`s the problem?
It's not a transaction cancellation request. It is a Return Case that has been opened on Ebay.co.uk. I have accepted the return on the system but the buyer has not actually posted the item back.

My current only option to "close" the return case is to process the refund, which I am not going to do until the buyer posts the item back.

Might be best if a mod just locks the thread as there seems a lot of confusion over what I thought was a fairly basic question. I have a feeling this Returns process is only currently in use on .co.uk and a few European sites, which is why there appears to be some misunderstanding.
Closed Thread