Ebay returns! what a laugh! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-01-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Ebay returns! what a laugh!

Ok anyone else had somthing like this happen to them?

A few weeks ago I sold a knee support for sport for £25 7 days later I get a messege on ebay saying "refund wanted" (or somthing like that). Basicly the women that bought the item said she has used it for a whole week and her knee still hurts so can she send it back, also without the box because it was cheaper for her to send it back. I asked her was it damaged? she said no! I asked was it the right size? because if so I will swap it for another size, she said "it fits fine" , so no problem with the support! just her knee still hurts.
I stated I accpet returns for damaged goods or incorrect sizes.
So I declined the return through Ebay as it gave me the option to do so, I then thought it was over because I hadn't heard anything! , 2 days later I have a open case dispute asking for a return "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED"
Paypal then hold my funds and gave me no option but to refund her! , Im down £25 quid and have a sweaty knee support without a box, meaning I can not re -sell , im then left negative feedback! saying " item didnt help stay away"
The buyer had 7 feedback I have over 600 all positve.........untill now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2012

Longevity: 75%

It sucks, but sadly its a part of trading on eb - there's no avoiding it - block her from future purchases.
Old 02-01-2012
Threadstarter  

So whats the point of saying no to the return? ebay gave me the option to do so.
pointless.
Old 02-01-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronb2009 View Post
So whats the point of saying no to the return? ebay gave me the option to do so.
pointless.
Yea, no point. Sadly that is how ebay works.
Old 02-01-2012

Longevity: 77%

You only have the option to require the buyer to return the item once the dispute is escalated in PayPal
Old 02-01-2012

Longevity: 70%

Doesn't matter what your policies are, you'll have to accept the returns and refunds. I had mine stated, "All sales final, no returns/exchanges unless item(s) damaged/faulty". I still have to refund people who made claims 40 days later when they totally used the item(s) and returned the thoroughly used merchandise or an empty box.
EBPP do not care what is your policy.
Old 02-01-2012

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 78%

Here in the US at least we have the option to have the buyer return the item at his or her cost, in the UK they can make you pay for return mailing, consumer protection is worse there.
Old 02-01-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I had a sold as is no returns in my listings.

Idiot buyer returned the item anyway. Put tracking number into the case and once it showed delivered pp handed them the money even though I responded to the complaint that this was an as-is no return sale.

Policies mean nothing anymore, you can have your terms and conditions written by an attorney and it means zero.
Old 02-01-2012

Longevity: 79%

eBay is full of lies protected by policies which are more lies, which in turn makes it a chain of lies.

Last edited by TGMT²; 02-01-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Use proper terms!
Old 02-01-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

Do you expect anything else from them, it amazes me sometimes that some still have hope.
this way is working for eb&pp , so they will keep doing it over and over again. Need to accept that, learn more and use it to our benefit and dodge bullets whenever possible
Old 02-01-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

It is driving the ebay people nuts that Amazon continues to grow and ebay stock has tanked. So what do they do? Of course they come up with the idea that if we can keep every buyer happy even at the cost of a seller then we can get back our value.

Watching their business model and how they do things makes a good case for a business class on how not to operate a business. Of course in the early years they were the model everything looked up to but not anymore.

Pierre needs to take back control of ebay and start from scratch and rebuild it all over again before it is too late.
Old 02-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
It is driving the ebay people nuts that Amazon continues to grow and ebay stock has tanked. So what do they do? Of course they come up with the idea that if we can keep every buyer happy even at the cost of a seller then we can get back our value.

Watching their business model and how they do things makes a good case for a business class on how not to operate a business. Of course in the early years they were the model everything looked up to but not anymore.

Pierre needs to take back control of ebay and start from scratch and rebuild it all over again before it is too late.
Ebay and Amazon stock has nothing to do with how each are currently doing. Amazon is considered a "growth" company, meaning that it is still growing or branching out into new products.
Ebay is considered more of a "conservative growth" company. Meaning that is not growing into new markets or products but the company is still growing but slowly.

Investors invest on many different types of risks depending on a company's P/E ratio (price-to-earnings ratio), is a measure of the price paid for a share relative to the annual net income or profit earned by the firm per share. I have not looked at either ebay's or Amazon's stock or P/E ratio in many years but I am sure Amazon's P/E is higher then ebay and maybe the stock price is heading into "speculative growth" territory. Some investor like the higher chance of payout but they can face higher chances of losing.

It depends on your type of investing style.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
KingRay (02-03-2012)
Old 02-02-2012

Longevity: 78%

Yeah Ebay's and Paypal's rules suck for sellers. They now even go as far as once a case is opened (whether it has validity or not) the customer is automatically refunded and the funds are automatically subtracted from your Paypal account. Before you even can respond.....That's just absurd
Old 02-03-2012
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Sorry to hear what happened arron. At least you still have your account.
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

You guys can thank walmart for starting that trend many years ago.

They trained these losers to use products and return them any time. Saw a very beat up lawn mower getting pushed in to walmart once. he was explaining to the doorman that it should have lasted as long as his old one did. It looked like it was 3 yrs old and left outside.

I would save the stress and just deal with these small instances. Compared to large companies, its nothing.

A local WM in KS took in 1 million in returns the day after Christmas once. They didnt even act like it was out of the ordinary. (neighbor runs a couple of them.)
Old 02-04-2012

It is bad how that works, however I dont think if you dig deeper that thats allowed to happen.

The customer has used the product and not returned it in the original packaging and box? Surely you dont have to accept a refund
Old 02-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavey10 View Post
It is bad how that works, however I dont think if you dig deeper that thats allowed to happen.

The customer has used the product and not returned it in the original packaging and box? Surely you dont have to accept a refund
You don't have to accept the refund but refusing usually ends up in negative feedback, low DSRs and an Item Not As Described claim.

Unfortunately, common sense does not come into it. Buyers know that an Item Not As Described claim will virtually always go in their favour.
Old 02-05-2012

Longevity: 95%

The way ebay works is as long as they got a tracking they get a refund. Its a wonder u even got the product back! I seen vidos where the buyers sent back stacks of newpaper in the items place. And theres nothing u can do about it thorugh ebay and for small amounts i dout u could even get the laws to help you.
Old 02-05-2012

If the claim is through PayPal there actually is something you can do - you have to go to the police with the package and have the issue a formal statement about the content of the package.

A while ago I had a buyer try and do this to me, unfortunately instead of a stack of papers he sent an onion in a box - any agricultural material cannot come into my country without the correct permits for it. I received a letter from the agriculture department in my country stating the package with the package with the tracking number had an onion in it and that I need to show permits for it.

I sent that letter to PayPal - PayPal requested a police report. Went to the police and showed them the letter - they issued a formal report stating what the letter already stated.

Case closed in my favor.
Old 02-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Best just to accept refunds from get go.... At least then you might have more customers and make more profit to cover this kind of crap.

I accept 14 day refund policy no matter what. I do not even question it anymore.

Someone asks me for return, I simply state that "no problem" we have 14 day no explanations needed return policy. When I get tracking I refund. I do not even wait for product to return. The whole transaction is a loss anyway. I might as well get good feedback and move on.

Every other option is worse outcome 99% of the time. Dont waste your energy on trash like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newjerseymax For This Useful Post:
Amart (04-23-2012), biggesmalls (02-06-2012)
Old 02-05-2012

Longevity: 73%

Buyers dont always win cases i have won 2 out of 3, one i won was against a scammer using a stealth account ,they were actually stupid enough to message me and say sorry theres nothing wrong with item and they are closing the case because paypal asked them to confirm there details and the accounts in a friends name.

second one was a kid stupid enough to have 95 at the end of his user name ,i just phoned paypal and said the buyers not 18 cased closed