Question on buying my own items, and cascading routers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Question on buying my own items, and cascading routers

Hello,

I feel I have a unique question here. I am not trying to hide my selling account form ebay. I practice stupid customer service and bend over backwards for morons just to not get my feedback dinged...

Anyways, I like to end certain listings and restart them, I have my reasons and it works. However, I have to price the item stupid low to the point Im barley breaking even just to generate some fast sales to boost my best match ranking.

What I want to start doing is making stealth accounts to buy my own item and just not pay for it. Im not going to over do it, I just need 1-2 a day for a week. I dont have immediate payment set up for buy it now so this can happen.

I read over the guide and this is the conclusion im coming to simply because its easiest.

I have 2 computers Ill be using, both have logged onto my ebay account at some time one way or another.

So for my main selling account I will just use my normal computers, usernames, and standard connect (I have a modem connected to a router(A), and my desktop is hardwired into the router(A))

So my plan when I want to buy my own items:

1) Create new user account on laptop that I never use for ebay
2) clear all the cookies and fun crap like that that the guide recommends
3) undo my hard wired connection into PC and use a new router(B) with that LAN line to create a cascaded router(B) (this routerA already has 2 other routers [these 2 routers C and D are cascaded off of routerA] with cascaded routers)
4) I will use this routerB to change mac addresses from account to account, I will never really need to log onto one of the old accounts again once I buy something.
5) When I go back to my real ebay account, I will never use the cascaded router, but will always use the same LAN line from the original router to my desktop.

So real quick again on how this is connected. Modem is connected to RouterA, routerA normally has 2 cascaded router off of it (C and D). My cascaded routerB for the stealth account will come off of RouterA also, the difference is the LAN line from router A is instead going into cascaded routerB instead of the desktop directly.

Can this be done? Does ebay even look out for this time of thing?

Also im no tech guy, and if you dont follow what im saying please ask! I can upload a drawn picture if it need be :P

Last edited by bwyand92; 04-27-2014 at 07:34 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Question on buying my own items, and cascading routers

Can it be done? Yes....Should it be done? No. If you can't generate enough feedback with your items then there's something wrong.
Old 04-27-2014
Threadstarter  

No no no you missed my point...

Feedback is not my concern. I got plenty, and a great percentage...

Im trying to create a "sale". This gives you a boost in best match, and once Im where im back to where I normally am, I quit doing it, and get my sales back to normal.

Does this make sense?
Old 04-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why do you want us to enable a dangerous practice?

Old 04-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Again, I am NOT manipulating any feedback.

These accounts will be used to make a purchase, and never used again along with the user account it was on. I can even go as far as using different peoples phones on the wifi.

If this is really that crazy risky, then I wont do it. I rather sacrifice breaking even on 10 sales then being banned from eBay.

Thanks again for the info!
Old 04-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Well don't you think eBay will find it odd that few buyers with no ratings buy your items and then not pay for it?

It would look even worse if you submit a cancellation request for each zero rating buyer to get your fees back which means you shouldn't do that.
so you end up losing out on the listing fee and final value fee etc.. For each item sold.

Which if you think about it will probably be the same sort of loss as it would be you making down the items for a quick sale.
Just less risky.

Last edited by Bunneh; 04-27-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-27-2014
Threadstarter  

thats the thing, i leave the require immediate payment off for this particular reason.

I have a TON of new ebayers with no feedback buy and never pay. I have unpaid item assistant turned on, so the ebay system would take over.

If I was making a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sale 10-15 times a day then hell yeah, but im talking barley doing it
Old 04-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You seem set on this bwyand92 - forum cant condone this because of potential risk but if you are certain of your steps...choice is yours
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
MM78 (04-27-2014)
Old 04-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Im kind of confused on what you mean by condoning to this?

Excuse me if Im wrong, but I thought the purpose of this was to get around ebay and their shenanigans?

Like, if ebay suspends you, I highly doubt they want you sneaking around on a stealth account.

Same goes for me, I highly doubt they want people doing this, but can it be done?

So condoning to manipulate ebay so you can sell is ok to say to do, but manipulating sales no?

Im not trying to be ignorant, im just having a hard time seeing why this is so risky considering what other people do to continue selling. If im not creating any crazy activity and do it maybe once or twice, im having a hard time understanding the risk.

EDIT: Also want to add that I am deciding against doing this. I am not interested in risking my eBay account to make an extra $80. Im asking questions simply to educate myself more on how ebay works. Ive found that the more I understand the system the easier it is for me to work with it.

Last edited by bwyand92; 04-28-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I have seen this done before. One seller always sold 2 items of every losting to the same buyer. It was very easy to spot. All it would take is one person to report you.

Glad you've decided.not to risk it.