A question regarding routers, modems, and ip addresses - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 01-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default A question regarding routers, modems, and ip addresses

This is my first post. I've been lurking for a while and purchased and read eBay Stealth which has a lot of good information but more importantly, it gave me my confidence back. Here is my issue.

I had an account suspended last June. I was running on a cable modem and a wireless router. I have pretty much everything down but I've been messing around with getting my ip changed and this is what I did.

I had an old router kicking around, so I swapped out the wireless router that was in place when the suspension happened with the old router and my ip address did change instantly and I confirmed that by going to IPBurger.com. The thing is, I can't recall if I used this old router with my account at some point in the past (say 2 years ago or so). Is it 100% safe for me to use it now?

I'm figuring that the ip should not be the same as it was if I had used the router 2 years ago on a different internet connection with a different modem as I've moved during that time. I don't have a record as to what the ip was at that time. Am I correct in this assumption or should I go purchase another to be on the safe side? I need to be 100% before going ahead, any help would be appreciated.

fizz
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

You're safe.

Your IP Addresses expires overtime.

Just take a note of your new IP and you should be good to go.

I like how you swapped out your router for a new IP Address. It's an easy way to change your IP on the fly.

Good luck,
Old 03-05-2009

Longevity: 89%

hi aspkin, since my suspension2 what is your1/2 months ago, because of you and modie, i now have 2 active accountg going strong, thank you both. my question is what is your true ip, the one with ip burger or the one you get from the start menu when you run ip config? thanks
Old 03-05-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

IP Burger is what IP Address Ebay/PayPal will see. Or better yet use...

What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...
Old 03-05-2009

Longevity: 89%

i have 2 computers a desk top w/ 1 ip and a lap top that gives me a choice of connections right now i have one account on each but would like to open another. i am a little nervous to do 2 from one lap top, even though i can change connections and use different user accounts to change cookies. i quess once burned twice as careful.. what do you think?
Old 03-14-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

You just have to be mindful of what you're doing. Be sure to always check your IP Address before logging in to a new account and keep a log to make sure never to use the same one for multiple accounts.

And having user accounts makes it so much easier, you'll be fine.
Old 03-14-2009

Longevity: 87%

First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for all of the useful tips.

I have Comcast Triple Play (Cable, Internet, Phone). We have 2 PCs in our house and we are hooked up to a wired router. I finally (after approx. 3 hrs) managed to get a new IP...checked with IPBurger and whatismyipaddress and both report that it is in fact changed. What a relief.

What I had to do was use SMAC 2.0 to spoof my NIC MAC and then go into my router setup and clone my MAC to my NIC MAC. Unplugged my modem and router for about a half hour...plugged them back in and all is well.

However, I am not sure how I can manage to create multiple ebay accounts because it just is not practical to keep spoofing my NIC MAC, cloning MAC on router and power-cycling.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I really don't want to have to use dial-up, and don't even know if it would work being that my phone service is supplied through my cable modem.