Seller performance at Risk. Need help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-31-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Thumbs down Seller performance at Risk. Need help!

Sorry in advanced if this topic has been discussed already. Up until today my seller performances was ABOVE STANDARD. Sold two items over month a go and just this morning buyer left a neg. FB and both customers opened case w/o contacting me. Third customer left another neg FB. 3 neg. FB in 6 month in a day...:(..( ruin my holiday weekend) Now my seller performances fell BELOW STANDARD ..SH$$$$T, I just hate this . Ebay is only for BUYER, not for SELLER. SO called " seller protection" my b***tt...lol

Do you guys think Ebay will strict/ or lower my limits on the next evaluation on Sep. 20th ? What can be dome to fix this ? Buying and raising feedback helps ? Just sell some cheap/used items and raise the seller performances ? Your advice/input will be highly appreciate. Many thanks in advanced...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Seller performance at Risk. Need help!

I do not believe that buyer feedback counts toward the seller performance.

I don't know what you are selling, it is obviously causing you problems and costing you dearly. Accounts that are below standard are given a certain amount of time to improve or eBay will close the account. eBay will send you an email explaining this in detail.

If it were ME, I would sell a few small items as quickly as possible. Nothing high-risk and NO brand names. Items from a dollar store would be fine. Write nice descriptions, sell them cheap (the goal here is NOT profit, it is to save your account) and make sure nothing is mis-described. Ship THE SAME DAY you get the orders, or the next day at the LATEST! Include a thank you note with each item and POLITELY ask for feedback. You want to get some quick positive feedback to offset the negatives.

For the future, you need to evaluate what it is you are selling that caused these negatives. Were they mis-described? Counterfeits? In poor condition? Obviously, something is wrong here and you need to fix these issues if you want to be successful selling on eBay.
Old 08-31-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks Jeff! I was selling some clothing here and there. Some were new & some were used. I never had any neg fb in a yr. I guess this just a bad luck...Ya i think i will sell something cheap and politely ask for some fb from buyers. Actually, I did in fact asked for fb for the first time in ebay selling history and got hit w/ neg. fb ...lol
Old 09-01-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Don't bother asking for positive feedback, no feedback now counts as a positive towarss your defect rate.

Asking for feedback can lead to trouble as you found out.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
yankee (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You can sell low end stuff for fast feedback and better metrics - one option to help
Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Positive experiences DO offset negative ones. The defect rate is about a percentage of sales. So, positive sales DO HELP.

For example, You have 99 positive sales and 1 negative sale. That means your positive feedback rating is at 99%. If you have 1 positive sale and 1 negative sale, then your positive feedback rating is 50%. The defect rate is no different, except that a low DSR or opened case can also count, it does NOT have to be a negative feedback that does it.

In the OP's case, it sounds like he has had very few sales in the last year. He really needs to boost his numbers through some positive sales. While it is true that the sales themselves will boost the defect rating without the positive feedback, he should do what he can to make his account look as good as possible, in case it goes under manual review and to make his negative feedback rating as low as possible.
Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
In the OP's case, it sounds like he has had very few sales in the last year. He really needs to boost his numbers through some positive sales.
psst.... shani is a gal

(I think)

Old 09-01-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

The OP will just need to figure out how many items to sell to lower the percentage of defects, that's the most important thing right now, feedback is not the issue, you need to just worry about the number of sales, feedback will come on it's mown if u provide good service, but it won't get u out if the jam

The only problem is that it's now sept 1st so the next evaluation stops at August 31, so I'm pretty sure your account will be below standard on Sept 20 regardless

But you can still try and get the sales up to dilute the defects and get the percentage down and hopefully for oct 20 u will be above standard

But your limits may come down and paypal holds will most likely be placed for all your sales again
Old 09-02-2014

Longevity: 67%

You can always argue the feedback depending on the date, I have managed to have every single negative feedback removed from my account just by talking to customer support live chat.
Old 09-02-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

But that may not even help with the new system , remember if a buyer leaves a negative and a 3 or lower on 3 categories , it will not count as 4 defects but just one

Now if u get the negative removed, they do not always remove all the low DSRs also, In order for this to work they would need to wipe everything from each customer to lose the defect
Old 09-02-2014

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
But that may not even help with the new system , remember if a buyer leaves a negative and a 3 or lower on 3 categories , it will not count as 4 defects but just one

Now if u get the negative removed, they do not always remove all the low DSRs also, In order for this to work they would need to wipe everything from each customer to lose the defect
They've always removed related DSR for me, I ask them to make sure as well
Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
psst.... shani is a gal

(I think)

Boy ...gal...advice is still sound
Old 09-02-2014

Longevity: 70%

Simply put ebay is impossible to sell on long tearm for medium sellers. Load up on stealth accounts man. Make 6.
Old 09-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Don't bother asking for positive feedback, no feedback now counts as a positive towarss your defect rate.

Asking for feedback can lead to trouble as you found out.
You are ABSOLUTELY right on that, smile..I regret asking for positive fb. Lost my performance standard ....
Old 09-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you all for your advice..Just to let you know I'm a men, not a women....lol...Thanks again..
Old 09-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shani1212 View Post
You are ABSOLUTELY right on that, smile..I regret asking for positive fb. Lost my performance standard ....
if you are worried about getting feedback you could include a note with your items....

But that's another topic.

Here's the subforum

eBay FeedBack - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums

Quite a few hints there.

Good Luck