eBay Listings and Images to use - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-18-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default eBay Listings and Images to use

I had someone tell me DON’T use stock photos for your items. Use original photos from your camera or phone, and wipe them with a photo cleaning program.

Is this for REAL?? How can I use original photos from my camera when I can't access the products?

Many of the products are found on different web sites (i.e. drop-shippers web sites or Wholesalers websites or just different websites in general).

That means I will be limited to sell only what I can take a physical picture of??

Something wrong here, please help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: eBay Listings and Images to use

This is one of the many reasons that drop shipping does not work.
Old 10-18-2014
Threadstarter  

So how are supposed to sell items from a website? We don't physically have them to take pictures of them.

If we can't use the photos provided on the website, then we become very limited to what we can sell...
Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Solution is to stop drop shipping, import and then post out the items yourself. That way you will have the items in hand to take pictures of.

eBay and PayPal really do not like drop shippers.
Old 10-18-2014
Threadstarter  

So for example if I go ahead and order something from a website, ensure I received exactly what I ordered and it comes in within a reasonable delivery time as stated by the supplier.

From there I can take pictures of the product myself and list it with my original pictures.

After that I can basically do a wholesale order from the supplier and ship the items myself when they are ordered through my listing, correct?

Is this the scenario you are getting at?

It's just that I thought that drop-shipping helps to relieve some of the burden of having to do all the work yourself...
Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Drop shipping means you have no control over the postage speed or the quality of the items. That is why eBay and PayPal do not like it.

Import items yourself, make sure you are happy with them and that they sell well and them either import more items or do not. Simple as that.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
nostro (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

I have 2 accounts that I created get suspended after listing the first item listed. The only thing in common was that I used a pic from another website. This is the only time I have had accounts suspended. It was on the same day and both had pics from a different website.

If you do not use your own pics, then do not make this your first listing and do try to get high res pics.

Good luck!
Old 10-18-2014
Threadstarter  

If both of your accounts were suspended at the same time, there must have been something else that linked them besides the image.

Both images were from different websites, so I'm thinking there was something else that linked those two accounts in order for them to BOTH be suspended at the same time...Just doesn't make sense.

One thing that could have linked them is that BOTH accounts were opened on the same day and BOTH had the same listing (titles, descriptions, fonts AND images were all the same?)
Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

nostro, sounds like you don't want to hear veterans experience and are going to believe and do what you want anyways.

Makes little sense to ask a question and then argue with peoples experiences and opinions.

Let us know how that works out for you.
Old 10-18-2014
Threadstarter  

No, just trying to figure it out that's all. I mean if they're going to suspend you based solely on using a website picture, there would be a whole lot more suspensions than there are currently I believe.

Is it possible that the EXIF data on the images was not erased and the images happened to have similar EXIF data or somehow the EXIF data caused a link to a previously suspended account?
Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post

Is it possible that the EXIF data on the images was not erased and the images happened to have similar EXIF data or somehow the EXIF data caused a link to a previously suspended account?
That is exactly what happens OR simply a product/source that is know to be problematic. Kinda like sending a paypal payment to a problematic paypal account.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
nostro (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If both of your accounts were suspended at the same time, there must have been something else that linked them besides the image.

Both images were from different websites, so I'm thinking there was something else that linked those two accounts in order for them to BOTH be suspended at the same time...Just doesn't make sense.

One thing that could have linked them is that BOTH accounts were opened on the same day and BOTH had the same listing (titles, descriptions, fonts AND images were all the same?)
It was the images, without a doubt. I create my accounts the same and the only thing I did diff with those 2 accounts was getting the images from a website. I have created over 200 accounts, and only had 2 suspended. Again it was the only 2 times I stole an image from the web. That sounds very conclusive to me. I log my IPs, I swap user accounts, and I am very detailed with my organization. There was nothing else it could have been, except maybe getting the dame EB rep while having a bad day.

They were also 2 separate listings for 2 completely different items. But they were on the same day.

Last edited by bjammin; 10-18-2014 at 06:45 PM. Reason: omitted info
Old 10-18-2014
Threadstarter  

What about the EXIF data on those images? That could have very well been the culprit.

If they were to suspend accounts simply for using web site images, I bet there would be a whole lot more suspensions than there are already.

The EXIF data on those images can be very dangerous however, especially if it links images used from a previously suspended account.
Old 10-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

I have used stock pics before and stolen from websites before without issue. This is just the first time I used them on a first listing. I never clean images, but I also do not share between accounts. Also if I get a MC999 I toss the pics and retake new ones. I use my iphone and I keep location services off. I never use a cleaner and never had issues inover 1.5 years so far, but a lot of ppl still say they do.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
nostro (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014

Longevity: 59%

OP...ebay HATES for people to use photos they didn't take...when you get suspended for VERO products, they make you take this stupid "trademark type" quiz and that is one of their questions, and they emphasize it's a no-no.....Now, it's clear you don't want to hear that. To me, you seem bound to do what everyone (in this thread) so far has told you not to....so do it, ....just be prepared to live with the consequences....
Old 10-18-2014

I see talk about photo cleaning program and EXIF data. I'm new here and don't know what this is or why this is recommended.

Is there something imbedded in the photo what would tip EB off that the same camera was used?

I ship products I have on hand and take my own photos. Can I use the same camera but take new photos for my new account (1 account)?

Thanks
Old 10-19-2014

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
I had someone tell me DON’T use stock photos for your items. Use original photos from your camera or phone, and wipe them with a photo cleaning program.

Is this for REAL?? How can I use original photos from my camera when I can't access the products?

Many of the products are found on different web sites (i.e. drop-shippers web sites or Wholesalers websites or just different websites in general).

That means I will be limited to sell only what I can take a physical picture of??

Something wrong here, please help!
It's very good if you can take photos for your items, it's not like origin photos on website, and people like it
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrjame For This Useful Post:
nostro (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
OP...ebay HATES for people to use photos they didn't take...when you get suspended for VERO products, they make you take this stupid "trademark type" quiz and that is one of their questions, and they emphasize it's a no-no.....Now, it's clear you don't want to hear that. To me, you seem bound to do what everyone (in this thread) so far has told you not to....so do it, ....just be prepared to live with the consequences....
Please, I'm only trying to get some questions answered. I'm not saying I will do this or do that. That's how we learn, by asking questions...
Old 10-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Please, I'm only trying to get some questions answered. I'm not saying I will do this or do that. That's how we learn, by asking questions...
At first you did not come across this way. I like your open minded perspective now. For sure you will get more support and peoples experiences this way.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
nostro (10-20-2014)
Old 10-20-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Nostro, you could order one item yourself, take photos, then contunue drop shipping them.

If this is a new account, taking your own photos is a must. Id only use stock photos once an account is established.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
nostro (10-20-2014)
Old 10-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Modification and enhancement of images to tailor them also helps
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
nostro (10-20-2014)