Advise on a family ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 472
Thanks: 130
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Advise on a family ebay account

My aunt gave me her account to sell on ebay including all necessary associated PP account transferred to me, however she uses it occasionally to buy stuff on ebay (Not sell). Will this be okay? She lives a few streets from me.. like 20 min walk


I am worried about using the same account at 2 locations. What do you think
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 11-20-2014
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 19,606
Thanks: 2,339
Thanked 5,071 Times in 3,891 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (457)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Not really a good idea to get family involved.

What will you say to her if the account goes down?
__________________

Top Quality Fresh IP


Click to add me to
WhatsApp | Skype | PM
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2014
pokerpro's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 171
Thanked 281 Times in 198 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Are you using another ebay account already from your house?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2014
ooooo.halo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,385
Thanks: 538
Thanked 253 Times in 227 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Not really a good idea to get family involved.

What will you say to her if the account goes down?
Exactly...ive been there. Turned into quite a family fall out. Better you start off on your own:-)
__________________
""Mistakes are proof that you are trying""
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2014
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Thanks: 80
Thanked 320 Times in 158 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (38)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Trust me it is not worth the headache. Better to do it all on your own.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72,355
Thanks: 5,732
Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,886 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Learn stealth and then either a) make your own accounts or/and b) buy from sellers here. Don't muck around with family and friends
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 472
Thanks: 130
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

@JamesNorth101

She is aware of the consequences. I schooled her about stealth and the risk involved. Shes not into selling, she only buy stuff occasionally

@pokerpro

Yeah, I used to have a business account with them from my house which was suspended and I am going stealth with this one. New computer and dongle. No association with my address even though it will be operated from my house. I dont think there will be any risk from my end as far as contamination is concern unless they can track my Long and Lati and connect it to a previous Long and Lati

Is there anything else I have not dealth with?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2014
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 19,606
Thanks: 2,339
Thanked 5,071 Times in 3,891 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (457)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Why not just create your own stealth....
__________________

Top Quality Fresh IP


Click to add me to
WhatsApp | Skype | PM
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2014
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,300
Thanks: 1,110
Thanked 4,933 Times in 3,398 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Why not just create your own stealth....
Because that takes time, effort, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2014
ooooo.halo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,385
Thanks: 538
Thanked 253 Times in 227 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
@JamesNorth101

She is aware of the consequences. I schooled her about stealth and the risk involved. Shes not into selling, she only buy stuff occasionally

@pokerpro

Yeah, I used to have a business account with them from my house which was suspended and I am going stealth with this one. New computer and dongle. No association with my address even though it will be operated from my house. I dont think there will be any risk from my end as far as contamination is concern unless they can track my Long and Lati and connect it to a previous Long and Lati

Is there anything else I have not dealth with?
Though she is aware of the risks and she only buys occasionally.....how would she feel if you became bannedq and they prevented buying from that account?
__________________
""Mistakes are proof that you are trying""
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 472
Thanks: 130
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

I just bought one ebay/paypal account on here yesterday, still waiting for it to deliver.

Going by all the stories I have been reading about PayPal shutting down accounts and asking for verifications as well as the longevity of the account in order to be able to list proper on ebay, I decided to explore opportunities around me by buying ebay/paypal from people I know first. I would pay my friend for it but my BEST FRIEND would never take money off me for a favour. My aunt wont take a penny from me either. It is love.

Although while I always show gratitude, we generally look after one another in our circle. My success is their success, joy and happiness.

Creating my own stealth account is not the strategy I wanna take, I believe in division of labour, I am a businessman and when I get back to the level I was pre suspension, i'll be able to employ a dedicated staff for stealth creation.

For now, I wanna operate my stealth with confidence that I can stand by any information required by PayPal.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2014
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 19,606
Thanks: 2,339
Thanked 5,071 Times in 3,891 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (457)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

I think your missing the point of what we are saying here....
__________________

Top Quality Fresh IP


Click to add me to
WhatsApp | Skype | PM
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 472
Thanks: 130
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Though she is aware of the risks and she only buys occasionally.....how would she feel if you became bannedq and they prevented buying from that account?
That is not an issue. Not a big deal. She can do without ebay. We'll only joke about it if it get banned and she'll do all her best possible to see how I can get another ebay account.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 472
Thanks: 130
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I think your missing the point of what we are saying here....
Who, do you mean me?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2014
ooooo.halo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,385
Thanks: 538
Thanked 253 Times in 227 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
I just bought one ebay/paypal account on here yesterday, still waiting for it to deliver.

Going by all the stories I have been reading about PayPal shutting down accounts and asking for verifications as well as the longevity of the account in order to be able to list proper on ebay, I decided to explore opportunities around me by buying ebay/paypal from people I know first. I would pay my friend for it but my BEST FRIEND would never take money off me for a favour. My aunt wont take a penny from me either. It is love.

Although while I always show gratitude, we generally look after one another in our circle. My success is their success, joy and happiness.

Creating my own stealth account is not the strategy I wanna take, I believe in division of labour, I am a businessman and when I get back to the level I was pre suspension, i'll be able to employ a dedicated staff for stealth creation.



For now, I wanna operate my stealth with confidence that I can stand by any information required by PayPal.
Im.a.relatively new member but you have been advised against using family info by some long term members who have been doing what they do for years.
I guess its ultimately your decision what you do.
Ive gone by the book on this forum and with all.there help, ive just got my fifth.account up and running and for now things are running smoothly for me. :-)
__________________
""Mistakes are proof that you are trying""
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ooooo.halo For This Useful Post:
taerese (11-20-2014)
  #16  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 327
Thanks: 43
Thanked 92 Times in 52 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

for what its worth, even if you do get banned on her account it is soooo easy to set up a new buyer account for her at her address. I have 2 buyer accounts set up for myself and wife who have both been permanently limited from paypal and ebay under under the address.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiroshi For This Useful Post:
taerese (11-20-2014)
  #17  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 472
Thanks: 130
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroshi View Post
for what its worth, even if you do get banned on her account it is soooo easy to set up a new buyer account for her at her address. I have 2 buyer accounts set up for myself and wife who have both been permanently limited from paypal and ebay under under the address.

Thanks, I think buyer account is not a big deal. I can setup a buyer account, make several purchases many weeks before it could get ban, if at all it will get ban. To pple like my aunt ebay is not as valuable to them as their Facebook account

The premise of my question was to establish the risk involve if we accidentally use the account at two locations. Me as a contact seller and she as browser
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-20-2014
ooooo.halo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,385
Thanks: 538
Thanked 253 Times in 227 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroshi View Post
for what its worth, even if you do get banned on her account it is soooo easy to set up a new buyer account for her at her address. I have 2 buyer accounts set up for myself and wife who have both been permanently limited from paypal and ebay under under the address.
Personally i couldnt be bothered with the hassle. Been there done that using family info.
As easy as it is to use a familys name or address is just as easy as making up your own.
Just my opinion as ive had two family linked accounts and they both ended in disaster :-(
__________________
""Mistakes are proof that you are trying""
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 472
Thanks: 130
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Personally i couldnt be bothered with the hassle. Been there done that using family info.
As easy as it is to use a familys name or address is just as easy as making up your own.
Just my opinion as ive had two family linked accounts and they both ended in disaster :-(
Oh! you dont get it...

This is an aged account, setup like several years ago. I have no risk exhausing the limit in 2 weeks compared to babysitting a new account.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-20-2014
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 19,606
Thanks: 2,339
Thanked 5,071 Times in 3,891 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (457)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

If it has never been sold on then its as 'aged' as a brand new account.
__________________

Top Quality Fresh IP


Click to add me to
WhatsApp | Skype | PM
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-20-2014
ooooo.halo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,385
Thanks: 538
Thanked 253 Times in 227 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
Oh! you dont get it...

This is an aged account, setup like several years ago. I have no risk exhausing the limit in 2 weeks compared to babysitting a new account.
An aged account may be safer...but not safe. Accounts have gone down for people who have had accounts for years.
As said...its your decision. I have purely just given my opinion.
__________________
""Mistakes are proof that you are trying""
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-20-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 472
Thanks: 130
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Advise on a family ebay account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
If it has never been sold on then its as 'aged' as a brand new account.
Not in the same capacity as an account opened tomorrow. Their digital footprint is massively miles apart. My last account was no diff from this and shifted over 4k worth of sales in its first 60 days, no trouble.

If I can do the same with a stealth opened tomorrow, then I have many options.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Family member opening ebay account ron UK eBay & Paypal 2 04-16-2014 12:52 PM
Whole Family was suspended. Please advise. thank you rosieposie AU eBay Suspensions 4 08-29-2010 11:09 AM
Need some info family ebay account EbayFreak Canada eBay Discussions 2 05-01-2010 05:38 AM
Does ebay allow Different account within Family? ebaygotozero eBay Tracking 1 12-24-2008 01:05 AM
Buying on ebay using a family member's account silver_surfer eBay Suspensions 2 05-18-2008 06:05 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58