Suspended due to DSR - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-10-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Suspended due to DSR

Hello,

My account has been suspended for about 1 month due to low DSR "item not received" . I have recently purchased the stealth guide and read most of it but one question that I have is how reliable is selling on Stealth and what happen if I exceed 100k in sales? I was thinking of purchasing a stealth account here to start all over. My previous account was around 120-130k annually and taxes were being reported as well. I sold cell phone cases and this was my way of living. I feel like the stealth method is not so much in favor in the high volume sales. Please advise.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2014

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Suspended due to DSR

Cell phone cases can be high risk. Stealth is going to help you get back on eBay but if your repeat your selling methods you'll obviously get limited/suspended again. Its best to spread your sales amoungst accounts instead of just using one.

What happens is after the 200/20K which ever comes first you will need to provide paypal with a EIN number. Pretty easy to get one in the US. Again re-look at how your selling ways got you limited in the first place or your just going to get yourself suspended again.
Old 12-10-2014

Longevity: 55%

I would advise that you split the sales up over different accounts because ebay will get suspicious and ask for more info if you sell a lot, which you probably wont be able to provide.
Old 12-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply. I guess my goal is to make this as fully operating business all over again. I had a few people working under me before and I would like to start all over again. I already started a new DBA name and EIN, but PAYPAL is asking to verify address and last 4 SSN and DOB. I am not sure how to bypass this section for verifcation.
Old 01-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I just want to make sure, if pass the 20k mark in Sales with 3 stealth account, using an EIN it should be ok to report taxes? THanks
Old 01-07-2015

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxpip View Post
I just want to make sure, if pass the 20k mark in Sales with 3 stealth account, using an EIN it should be ok to report taxes? THanks
Yes as long as its a different EIN number for each account. Only provide the EIN when Paypal prompts you to. If you do it without them demanding it, you can risk them asking for your S.S.

Again you MUST use a different EIN for each account or you will get a instant link via EIN numbers. Once your account has a EIN number consider yourself having a "real" account. Not that stealths aren't "real" but..once a EIN is added properly your account adds another level of verification, from paypals perspective. Thats always a good thing
Old 01-07-2015

Longevity: 59%

IMO to do that kind of volume....you need a minimum of 10 stealth accounts....more accounts is better for tons of reasons...........

If a glass of water represents 1 account and eBay limits it, thereby pouring 1 thimble of "JUNK" into it...it's gonna be and look polluted..........if you have 5 gallons of "stealth" accounts and eBay dumps that same thimble of "JUNK" in it, you won't notice...........I hope that's not to "Deep and Yogi" for anyone! lol.

More accounts = less problems as a whole = less stress.
Old 01-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Yes as long as its a different EIN number for each account. Only provide the EIN when Paypal prompts you to. If you do it without them demanding it, you can risk them asking for your S.S.

:
????????????????????????????????????? did we read this gem somewhere or a conclusion you reached yourself.

Old 01-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I understand that having more accounts is the way to go but i think for me to manage 10 accounts with me selling that kind of volume is hard for me to manage. I was generating around 175k annually in sales and never thought this would happen to me. The only thing i have to say is I will have to give multiple accounts a shot.
Old 01-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
IMO to do that kind of volume....you need a minimum of 10 stealth accounts....more accounts is better for tons of reasons...........

If a glass of water represents 1 account and eBay limits it, thereby pouring 1 thimble of "JUNK" into it...it's gonna be and look polluted..........if you have 5 gallons of "stealth" accounts and eBay dumps that same thimble of "JUNK" in it, you won't notice...........I hope that's not to "Deep and Yogi" for anyone! lol.

More accounts = less problems as a whole = less stress.
would you have to get 10 po boxes? I mean for returns?
Old 01-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

You are absolutely right cell phone cases are deemed high risk. If you do go through the process of getting an EIN etc what make you think that the same thing won't happen again? Not trying to be negative but I also sell some high risk items on my main account. I flood my store with cheap fillers that I make a small profit on to pad my DSRs and my feedback.

Please don't think I am calling you out there are a ton of sellers who do this not knowing better. Selling on eBay is a game you have to balance everything out to make yourself be in good standing.

If you think you are going to go back to the way it was before easy on eBay. And the same thing won't happen without changing practices you are kidding yourself. I absolutely wish you the best of luck. Read the forums and the stealth guide. It is possible to get back successfully.
Old 01-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnu View Post
would you have to get 10 po boxes? I mean for returns?
Can also consider address variation
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
nearnu (01-08-2015)
Old 01-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Can also consider address variation
Speaking of that, can the buyer find our eBay address anywhere in the listing if it's not obvious?

I accidentally revealed my stealth return address in response to a buyer asking where they should send a return so now eBay has it in their system.
Old 01-08-2015

Longevity: 59%

Did you just mention the address in a message, or did you go in and edit an address, making it that stealth address?
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Did you just mention the address in a message, or did you go in and edit an address, making it that stealth address?
No, I mentioned it in an eBay message in response to the buyer asking me where to send it to...

Instead of sending it to his personal email, I just replied to the eBay message without thinking about it!
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 64%

I would not worry about that
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
I would not worry about that
My main concern with this is it's the one address I have for returns (UPS store) and if by some crazy chance eBay happens to see it somewhere else on another stealth account there might be a link to the two (or three or four) accounts as a result...thus my cause for concern.
Old 01-10-2015

How many accounts does ebay have? How many messages get sent a day on ebay? How much work would it take for a rep to actually look up who that address belongs to and match it?
Old 01-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
How many accounts does ebay have? How many messages get sent a day on ebay? How much work would it take for a rep to actually look up who that address belongs to and match it?
Smart questions - and think about what is involved for someone to manually review an account...if you operate well without problems, chances are low for manual review...e.g. no calling eb for limit increases
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 57%

seriously? you can just message your customers with your real banned address and nothing will happen? i think it's very very risky or is it? don't you think they got some kind of software that lights-up a banned address whenever it's sent?

Last edited by Klemantina; 01-10-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2015

I dont think it is wise but answer those questions and tell me how risky
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
seriously? you can just message your customers with your real banned address and nothing will happen? i think it's very very risky or is it? don't you think they got some kind of software that lights-up a banned address whenever it's sent?
No, this is not a banned address. It's one I purchased later on to use with my new stealth accounts, a UPS mailbox.

It cannot be associated with my old suspended account (that was a completely different address).

My chief concern again is that I revealed that mailbox address in an eBay message. I was hoping to keep it as private as possible from eBay.

Didn't even want them to know about it if at all possible....

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Get a new mailbox from another UPS store?

Just let it go at this point and be careful not to release the address through eBay messages again?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Last edited by nostro; 01-10-2015 at 09:43 PM.