eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyer had item delivered. Opened up case someone stole it off his porch (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/80619-buyer-had-item-delivered-opened-up-case-someone-stole-off-his-porch.html)

james13v 12-11-2014 04:28 PM

Buyer had item delivered. Opened up case someone stole it off his porch

It was supposed to get there on the 1st. Shows delivered. How the hell am I supposed to deal with something like this?

Quote:

December 1, 2014 , 10:06 am

Delivered, Front Door/Porch

BROWNSVILLE, TX 78521

The case says
Quote:

The mail tracking state the ítem was delivered in the porche outside the main door, on Dec 01. the ítem was not outside of the house this day . The ítem was an over 130 dlls watch that should be signed and not just leave it outside the door. Need the ítem or the money back.

james13v 12-11-2014 04:30 PM

Re: Buyer had item delivered. Opened up case someone stole it off his porch

Obviously I'd win the case. But he can still tarnish me. And can't he open a SNID after the fact?

Bunneh 12-11-2014 04:42 PM

surely delivery men only leave items on a porch with a security door? not just out on the open? have you checked google maps for this?

How much is the item worth?
If it is a lot, it may be worth contacting the delivery company.

james13v 12-11-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 619006)
surely delivery men only leave items on a porch with a security door? not just out on the open? have you checked google maps for this?

How much is the item worth?
If it is a lot, it may be worth contacting the delivery company.

It's worth $130. Good idea on the google map, thanks.

A normal house in a kinda ****ty neighborhood. No gate and no patio screen. Just a door and a doorway

pr0wake 12-11-2014 04:45 PM

Explain to the customer that they have to go through the case process in order for you both to get your money back

in cases like this, ebay will usually refund them as a courtesy and release funds to you as the case wins in your favor.

just be polite and courteous, but be clear that you cannot give a refund, ebay has to.

james13v 12-11-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowakeskater (Post 619011)
Explain to the customer that they have to go through the case process in order for you both to get your money back

in cases like this, ebay will usually refund them as a courtesy and release funds to you as the case wins in your favor.

just be polite and courteous, but be clear that you cannot give a refund, ebay has to.

I didn't know that ebay does this. Good call, thanks.

yankee 12-11-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 619012)
I didn't know that ebay does this. Good call, thanks.

You are covered for up to $750.00 even without a signature and yes, they leave them anywhere if no signature is required.

Last week I had boxes hidden behind bushes at my home office. BIG BOXES, LOL

ooooo.halo 12-11-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 619014)
You are covered for up to $750.00 even without a signature and yes, they leave them anywhere if no signature is required.

Last week I had boxes hidden behind bushes at my home office. BIG BOXES, LOL

Thanks yankee for this....you have just confirmed what just_smile sent in another post.
I have three bundles to send by courier and i undercut myself.with postage, but i can post a little cheaper without signature.
Honestly thought that if it went to a.neighbour or a safe place, they could claim non reciept and id have a case ruled against me

jeffweico 12-11-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 619006)

In the US, delivery companies, especially UPS, will leave the package at the front door, on the curb, in the mud puddle, or perhaps even in a tree if the mood strikes them.

If it is marked "Glass" or "Fragile" they will normally drop it on the ground a few times first and perhaps even kick it around a little.

To be fair, most packages are not stolen. This was probably just bad luck, or the buyer figured out how to get a freebie. One of the two.

yankee 12-11-2014 05:20 PM

Next will be feedback extortion, lol
Dealt with it twice on the same account. User are both from Washington state. They bought the same items. Very similar communication and spelling error of the same word...Stealther trying to get something for free? Hmmmmm......lol

Done with that account I guess.

james13v 12-11-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 619034)
Dealt with it twice on the same account. User are both from Washington state. They bought the same items. Very similar communication and spelling error of the same word...Stealther trying to get something for free? Hmmmmm......lol

feedback extortion is my main concern with this.

yankee 12-11-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 619046)
feedback extortion is my main concern with this.

The feedback gets removed instantly. If your account is clean, no big deal.

Ravenswood 12-11-2014 06:05 PM

What the buyer needs to understand is that the delivery person whether USPS, FedEx, UPS are set to your route. And just like us sellers we typically know our pick up people they need to understand their delivery and driver.

As sellers and shippers its not really our problem that the driver screws up or these thefts occur. It becomes our problem. When a buyer leaves negative feedback on something like this that is completely out of our control then they really have no business buying online or catalog...or anywhere that the item needs to be shipped.

The customer is paying in the end for delivery. If they want everything to be perfect than Armored car service might be in order.

Our responsibility is that we INSURE the item correctly for the payout from the delivery company. You are responsible for every amount over the insured amount that the delivery company. Thus INSURANCE is not to protect the buyer but the shipper....contrary to what sellers believe.

james13v 12-11-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 619052)
The feedback gets removed instantly. If your account is clean, no big deal.

Feedback gets removed in what circumstances? Do you have to call in?

yankee 12-11-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 619058)
Feedback gets removed in what circumstances? Do you have to call in?

Extortion and yes call in or chat.

james13v 12-11-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 619060)
Extortion and yes call in or chat.

I keep hearing about this chat. Where the hell is this chat.

GreenBean 12-11-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 619034)

Washington State?

Hmmmm.

:spy:

GreenBean 12-11-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 619061)
I keep hearing about this chat. Where the hell is this chat.

Used to be LIVE CHAT

you sat at your PC or used your cell phone and had typed communication with (lack of ) customer service on ebay.

USA did away with it. UK & Australia still have the facility.

:pop2:

yankee 12-11-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 619062)
Washington State?

Hmmmm.

:spy:

Yup!

The great thing about stealth accounts is, WHO CARES? I have bundles of accounts waiting to be used. Why even fight with it? That account obviously has an issue. NEXT!

Speeder33 12-11-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 619063)
Used to be LIVE CHAT

you sat at your PC or used your cell phone and had typed communication with (lack of ) customer service on ebay.

USA did away with it. UK & Australia still have the facility.

:pop2:

It's too bad they did away with the Live Chat. Was much easier to let your computer wait for 30-60 mins for a "customer service" rep then to stay on the phone that long.

GreenBean 12-11-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speeder33 (Post 619070)
It's too bad they did away with the Live Chat. Was much easier to let your computer wait for 30-60 mins for a "customer service" rep then to stay on the phone that long.

Agreed!

Saved all the excuses you had to come up with when you recognized the voice of the agent...

Have to gooooooooooooooooo! Kitchen is on fire, omhg-d..................... noooooooooooooooooo.....

:eek:

dealagreeproceed 12-11-2014 07:07 PM