Yes good news just had my limits increased to 100 item £3500 limit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Thumbs up Yes good news just had my limits increased to 100 item £3500 limit

This isn't a stealth account but one I made in my sons name the account is 1 month old.

I was on 10 item £650 limit and really needed an increase so I requested a higher selling allowance 2 days ago. It asked to have a letter sent to my
home address with a code in to apply to my account when I receive the code, to my amazement it was here this morning, so entered to code and 5
minutes later there it was my email confirming it.

I have not seen them do this before but it worked and now I am well happy.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Yes good news just had my limits increased to 100 item £3500 limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterspike View Post
This isn't a stealth account but one I made in my sons name the account is 1 month old.

I was on 10 item £650 limit and really needed an increase so I requested a higher selling allowance 2 days ago. It asked to have a letter sent to my
home address with a code in to apply to my account when I receive the code, to my amazement it was here this morning, so entered to code and 5
minutes later there it was my email confirming it.

I have not seen them do this before but it worked and now I am well happy.

This has been happening for well over 18 months....nothing new.

Using your sons name :facepalm: !!!
Old 01-09-2015
Threadstarter  

I am only going to use this account for about a month I am going full stealth as soon as I have enough cash to buy more accounts.

Also this will be a good account to use to buy stuff.
Old 01-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Well looks like you made your decision about using your son's name....still worth making other backup accounts and building them
Old 01-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Well looks like you made your decision about using your son's name....still worth making other backup accounts and building them
It was more of a case of we needed a personal legit family account, my main account I had for 12 years went down so this was the next best thing.
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterspike View Post
It was more of a case of we needed a personal legit family account, my main account I had for 12 years went down so this was the next best thing.
Hi there,

Just wondering how much feedback was your account on and how much items did you sell before requesting higher limits?

I have a legit account on my own name genuine address and all but I'm only on a 10 per month limit. I opened the account on the 1 December and so far have sold 14 items with 5 star rating on each. Not sure if I should request a higher allowance?

Regards,

Killakk
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakk View Post
Hi there,

Just wondering how much feedback was your account on and how much items did you sell before requesting higher limits?

I have a legit account on my own name genuine address and all but I'm only on a 10 per month limit. I opened the account on the 1 December and so far have sold 14 items with 5 star rating on each. Not sure if I should request a higher allowance?

Regards,

Killakk
Though your account is real details, most people will advise you not to call in as it ultimately leads to possible scrutiny of your account which you dont want.
Let increases come naturally. Sell to your limits safely and it will happen.
My first account took two months for my first increase which i actually got a couple of weeks ago. Went from 10 to 30. Had increases on two others also at the same time.
Its frustrating i know but your best bet is to create some more accounts and spread the sales...then wait and let increases come naturally :-)
killakk (01-11-2015)
Old 01-09-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

When you call there's always a chance they will freeze your account , meaning they will keep any listings that are active up but you won't be able to list more or revise anything, and will ask for Receipts on all your items that you have sold and items that you have and plan on selling

They want to Make sure that you have Paid For your Items, and also they want to see your supplier

Even if the items were paid and show a legit supplier , they could be on a Vero list and not be allowed to sell on eBay without being a authorized dealer

So there is a lot to think about when calling in, it's 50/50 you could get someone that just raise your limits but than you could get someone that wants a lot of information and that could turn into your account being suspended
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
killakk (01-11-2015)
Old 01-10-2015

The consensus of opinion appears to be if you do phone and get a difficult rep, end the call quickly and call in again later or the next day hoping to get a different more easy going one who will not be as demanding and awkward, but really best to not call in over raising limits especially, just sell up to your limits and do that for a couple or 3 months and hopefully you will start to see increases in your limits generically rather than trying to force the issue
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
killakk (01-11-2015)
Old 01-11-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Though your account is real details, most people will advise you not to call in as it ultimately leads to possible scrutiny of your account which you dont want.
Let increases come naturally. Sell to your limits safely and it will happen.
My first account took two months for my first increase which i actually got a couple of weeks ago. Went from 10 to 30. Had increases on two others also at the same time.
Its frustrating i know but your best bet is to create some more accounts and spread the sales...then wait and let increases come naturally :-)
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply. But what if I like the OP of this thread used the request a higher allowance button on eBay instead of calling. Because my account is not a stealth one and is fully verified like the OPs. The consensus is generally that if you stealth you should never request a higher allowance as there are many hiccups such as letters sent to an address you do not have genuine access to. I however do have access to my address which is verified. What would you say?

Kind Regards,

Killakk
Old 01-11-2015

Quote:
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply. But what if I like the OP of this thread used the request a higher allowance button on eBay instead of calling. Because my account is not a stealth one and is fully verified like the OPs. The consensus is generally that if you stealth you should never request a higher allowance as there are many hiccups such as letters sent to an address you do not have genuine access to. I however do have access to my address which is verified. What would you say?

Kind Regards,

Killakk
Hi
Calling in could mean scrutiny of your account. I appreciate your account is in real details.
However...can you provide possible things they may ask for.
Do you have receipts of all purchases you have listed and sold because this is what i mean by scrutiny. It can backfire on a real account also.
I had a real account a long time ago and i could have produced anything asked of me in terms of proof of address, name, etc...
BUT what i wasnt prepared for was the request of trackibg numbers of items. Sone of these i sent normal post so they got me there.
They also asked for invoices...which needless to say i didnt have.

Im not suggesting this will happen but it will involve them lookibg into your account and they could request whatever they want. Mind you, in referring to these requests being from paypal.
See what others suggest. I just personally believe that the best option is to operate more accoubts to enable more sales and let increases come naturally.
The less scrutiny of your account, be it real or stealth, the better in my opinion :-)
killakk (01-11-2015)
Old 01-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hi there,

Regards,

Killakk

The account was 2 months old with 6 feedback. I made it in November 2013 and only started using it this month.
The Following User Says Thank You to peterspike For This Useful Post:
killakk (01-14-2015)